Build a PC thread

Options
123457»

Comments

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aye ? .

theres a service out there called BLD. you go to the website, tell it your budget and what type of games you'd want to play on your new build and bam, it outputs the specs and all lat.

https://www.letsbld.com/

you're welcome.
  • Blunt To Joint
    Blunt To Joint Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    Hi there, thank ? I've found this thread.

I'm building a set for my corner to play battle ground with my friends. The budget is about $500-$700. There's alot of discussion and websites for this but I can't read them all. Only one good new is I like the GTX 1060 as my friends recommended it, bad new is that's all I know ... I have no idea about other parts. Thanks.

The gtx1060 is good especially considering what nvidia did with the 1000 series gpus. Are you going amd or intel for your cpu?

I prefer intel as always. I'm looking up best $700 gaming PC build .

As of CPU, I'm digging threads and articles about Xeon chipset, they say it's somewhere between corei5 < xeon < corei7 but there'e many things to consider also. You have an idea about it?

The set is pretty okay to me, I may just have to buy another SSD for running windows, or adding RAM, which I can do it later on.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah an SSD is mando.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm building a set for my corner to play battle ground with my friends. The budget is about $500-$700. There's alot of discussion and websites for this but I can't read them all. Only one good new is I like the GTX 1060 as my friends recommended it, bad new is that's all I know ... I have no idea about other parts. Thanks.

The gtx1060 is good especially considering what nvidia did with the 1000 series gpus. Are you going amd or intel for your cpu?

As of CPU, I'm digging threads and articles about Xeon chipset, they say it's somewhere between corei5 < xeon < corei7 but there'e many things to consider also. You have an idea about it?

The set is pretty okay to me, I may just have to buy another SSD for running windows, or adding RAM, which I can do it later on.

Older Xeons are good and can be had for a decent price, only thing is that it will be very difficult to over clock the cpu. If its just for gaming, get an i5 and be done with it.
  • Blunt To Joint
    Blunt To Joint Members Posts: 3
    Options

Older Xeons are good and can be had for a decent price, only thing is that it will be very difficult to over clock the cpu. If its just for gaming, get an i5 and be done with it.

Humm okay, I don't do OC stuff, it claimed to be warranty void if you OC, especially when I just want my set to be solid by time.

For gaming, okay i'll go with the i5 as you said.
  • The Recipe
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Playing watch dogs 2 on PC and PS4 side by side is crazy damn near hurts my eyes to look at the ps4 version. That difference alone makes me wanna upgrade to a higher resolution than 1080p.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i just started the og bioshock remastered on PC

that ? looks gorgeous
  • The Recipe
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i just started the og bioshock remastered on PC

that ? looks gorgeous

I started that a while ago, but will have to revisit it, ? been cracking a lot of dope new ? recently. I've been playing all the latest titles recently.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Just had to cop a 2TB hardrive to many games......
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Destiny 2 on PC was smooth as ? , Ima keep it a stack I played maybe 1000 hours of Destiny 1. So I know that game inside and out so it was the first game I was really able to tell the difference between PC and Console I was really able to differentiate between 30 and 60 fps I love the game so much I probably will cop on PS4 because it doesnt drop on PC til 3 weeks later. but when I get it on PC im playing strictly on there.