Preacher - Season 2 (AMC)

Options
13»

Comments

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Damn i feel like this show is determined to suck.

Everything that sucks about it are things that weren't in the comic and don't need to be in the show but Seth Rogan wants to put his greasy paw prints all over what was already a good story.

And the repetition. ? the repetition. The pace of this show is horrible.

And will somebody tell me why Tulip has been all in her feels for the past x episodes? She ain't new to this ? .

Expound

Never read the comics

With tulip has she ever encountered anything like the saint?

I agree things are getting repetitive tho
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Damn i feel like this show is determined to suck.

Everything that sucks about it are things that weren't in the comic and don't need to be in the show but Seth Rogan wants to put his greasy paw prints all over what was already a good story.

And the repetition. ? the repetition. The pace of this show is horrible.

And will somebody tell me why Tulip has been all in her feels for the past x episodes? She ain't new to this ? .

Expound

Never read the comics

With tulip has she ever encountered anything like the saint?

I agree things are getting repetitive tho

My memory of the comics is a little fuzzy since i read them when they first came out but the whole Dennis subplot and torturous scenes of arseface in hell shouldn't be there. Also them spending so much time in the same place screws up the pace but I can accept that as being for budget reasons.

The entire first season was a waste of time.

And Tulip hangs out with a demigod and vampire - she needs to either get over being shot at or the writers need to make her moping around serve some kind of purpose to move the story forward.

And don't even get me started on Jessie being like "i finally found ? ... let's go get him" and those two being like "nah fam... i'm just gonna chill in this ? apartment."
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol boy can take lot up the ass
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the series twice so the show got me massively impatient on the real turn up but the pace is a bit slow imo
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tulip taking 2 in the ass epic
    STOP
    Vampire eating gumbo
    Preacher joing MMA
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what ? and arseface gonna do when they run into jesse?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is there so much ? on this show? And if I have to see that girl ? herself one more mfn time...
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    ? and assfarse going to hell never happend in the comics this is some other ?
  • jono
    Options
    How hands on is Garth Ennis into this show or is he involved at all?

I read the first volume of the comic some years ago and was off put by the bizarre nature of the story and I hated the art.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Man the pacing this season with them being stuck in this apartment is killing me typical AMC low. Budget ? AMC strangles the ? out of some these shows withe ? budget

Preacher was a buddy rode trip at heart these ? as being stuck in this ? apartment s annoying as ? I hope it doesn't ? the series because the writing and the characters are perfect
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and assfarse going to hell never happend in the comics this is some other ?

didn't he ? himself trying to imitate/honor kurt cobain

how did his arc begin in the comics?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So a Preacher, a vampire, and a zombie walked into a bar...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Binging S2 now. On ep 10. This season is dope af!

? is deep af! so much trill deep ? bout religion lol. Show is a real slow burn, im really digging this. It doesnt hold the viewers hand, ppl gotta pay attention. It doesnt spoon feed the viewer. Show is droppin all kinda gems.

Its dope how each ep feels so different. Each ep is like its own little movie.

LMAO n dead at jesus smashing some random broad.
  • jono
    Options
    I'm not seeing it.
    This show is wild mediocre. It's stylized and gratuitous in every way, which helps, but ultimately it comes across like shock TV.

Instead of being engaging its a series of "what will they think of next?"
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the pacing this season with them being stuck in this apartment is killing me typical AMC low. Budget ? AMC strangles the ? out of some these shows withe ? budget

Preacher was a buddy rode trip at heart these ? as being stuck in this ? apartment s annoying as ? I hope it doesn't ? the series because the writing and the characters are perfect

This is all that's bothered me about season 2. Season 1 fit to kick it off then it was like we got an excessive amount of the apartment, flashbacks for the Saint and the show just going in a circle.

Haven't been able to watch all of the finale because Kodi/Exodus has been basura but I thought this season fell flat. Hopefully season 3 gets that old thing back.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i stopped on whatever episode it was when they was was doing the back story of the preacher & tulip... couldnt keep my interest and cs @SneakDZA; with the vague "out looking for ? : ? .. seemed kinda silly
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jus finished. Ending kinda lost me.

The journey to find ? was interesting n cool. Then ? 's son is a ? . Then they decide to make preacher ? . Tulip gets shot. ? was wearing dog suit....the end.

All the set up was cool, ending didnt deliver