John Wick 3 has a release date with possible Samuel L Jackson Collab

Options
sapp08_2001
sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Lionsgate has set a release date for John Wick: Chapter Three.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the third film in the Keanu Reeves-led action series will hit theaters on May 17, 2019.
This will be the first entry to be released during the summer movie season. The first John Wick film opened in October while this year's John Wick: Chapter Two hit theaters in February.
Derek Kolstad, who wrote John Wick 1 and 2, is confirmed to return to pen the upcoming third installment. No word yet on who'll direct.
A John Wick shared universe is also reportedly being eyed by Lionsgate.

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Samuel L Jackson reportedly wants to join John Wick 3

Samuel L. Jackson has had no shortage of hits over his long and storied career. In the ’90s, films like Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, and Die Hard with a Vengeance were highlights of his career. Once the 2000s rolled around he was part of the Star Wars universe and by the end of the decade he was laying the foundation for The Avengers. His star power has also seen him explore more unique roles like Django Unchained and Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Throughout all of these projects and more, Jackson has put himself alongside some of the top talent in the industry. With Hollywood currently experiencing a heightened production of franchises, it should be no surprise that he has more new adventures in mind, specifically John Wick 3.

Reporter Simon Thompson revealed on the latest episode of Meet the Movie Press that this is the next franchise the actor has his eyes on. While there is no direct quote from Jackson on the matter, here is how Thompson described his recent interaction with the star when he asked him about a potential Nick Fury solo movie.

He actually was less interested in that than he was in an idea he floated with me, and he’s floated it with me twice now. He wants to do, over a Nick Fury movie, John Wick 3 with Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves. He absolutely loves the John Wick movies. He wants in. He doesn’t want in, he wants in with a capital IN. Seriously, I think he will do whatever he needs to do to get in on John Wick 3.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I...am...for this!!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Damn....need to see the 2nd one
  • sapp08_2001
    Options

Its pretty good. Surpassed the 1st imo
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samuel l Jackson

The only man to help mr wick now. ..

Shut up and take my money
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Nah the story wasn't as good as the first one. Still solid tho.

The action was just as good, but they could have did that tombs shoot out scene better as far as lighting goes. I thought I was watching a bootleg movie, I could barely see ? .
  • sapp08_2001
    edited September 2017
    Options

Nah the story wasn't as good as the first one. Still solid tho.

The action was just as good, but they could have did that tombs shoot out scene better as far as lighting goes. I thought I was watching a bootleg movie, I could barely see ? .
    Are u serious? The first movie was about an ex hitman who lost his wife and her last gift to him was a dog who was killed and he goes after who was responsible. The second movie has much more thorough story not to mention better actions sequences. John gets his house destroyed because he refuses to accept a hit from a man he owes from the past. He decided to accept the mark which turns out to be the man's sister. Not only that the man decides to betray john and puts out a hit contract on John's head. Kind of like the first one except these assassins are incognito. The action sequences that included using a pencil and his battles with Common's characters surpass the action sequences in the first film. John in fact is more vulnerable. Not to mention a much better ending than the first film. Explain why you feel the first was superior
    To also backup my claim the first film made 88 million with a 85% rating. The second film made 171 million with a 89% rating.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John wick >>> john wick 2
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    John wick >>> john wick 2

Facts
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One was better cuz of the originality part 2 was good but it was overkill at times
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My only problem with 2 is that it quickly devolved into "takedown/headshot/repeat" too much for it's own good but it was still hot fire.