ask a black republican anything

Options
LV'sAndG's
LV'sAndG's Members Posts: 75
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
college student, ask away

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't you have to admit that Reaganomics is a bunch of ? ?
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not trying to be mean but why should anyone give a ? that you're black and republican? like i rarely heard anyone refer themselves as black democrats, or wear it so proudly. same question for ? republicans. why should anyone care?
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    elhuey wrote: »
    not trying to be mean but why should anyone give a ? that you're black and republican? like i rarely heard anyone refer themselves as black democrats, or wear it so proudly. same question for ? republicans. why should anyone care?

u mad?
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Wouldn't you have to admit that Reaganomics is a bunch of ? ?

not at all, it did however end the "middle class" as we know it
  • elhuey
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LVsAndGs wrote: »
    u mad?

not at all, it did however end the "middle class" as we know it

that is not an answer. i thought we could ask u anything.
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that is not an answer. i thought we could ask u anything.

I said you could ask me anything; I never said i'd answer.

ask me a legit question or be gone
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How does it feel to be patted on the head and told your not like the rest of them?

Do you put sugar in your tea?

Do you eat fried chicken?

Lets hear your "its cool im safe voice"
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How does it feel to be patted on the head and told your not like the rest of them?

no sugar in tea, rarely eat fried chicken. I try to eat healthy.

never been patted on the head by anyone
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

LOL hilarious
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    is micheal steele really the best you could do?
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How do you reconcile your party's history (Southern Strategy for instance). Here is Lee Atwater talking about it in 2005. (Atwater was a Reagan aide and campaign manager)

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn’t have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    LOL hilarious

almost as funny as your corny ass avatar
    is micheal steele really the best you could do?

what's wrong with michael steele?

our current generation will breed a new elite class of conservative minorities
  • elhuey
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I said you could ask me anything; I never said i'd answer.

ask me a legit question or be gone

when someone says "ask me anything" its under the assumption u will answer. and it is legitimate question u just dont have a reasonable answer to.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what's wrong with michael steele?

our current generation will breed a new elite class of conservative minorities

was this how they recruited you?

realistically, u were better off breeding colin powell and condoleeza types
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited January 2011
    Options
    when someone says "ask me anything" its under the assumption u will answer. and it is legitimate question u just dont have a reasonable answer to.

how many black republicans do you know?
    whar67 wrote: »
    How do you reconcile your party's history (Southern Strategy for instance). Here is Lee Atwater talking about it in 2005. (Atwater was a Reagan aide and campaign manager)

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn’t have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

Lee Atwater is dead so i'm not sure a how his statements are significant in anyway. He's an obvious racist; not all southern republicans are racist.

I have little support for welfare and similar social services.
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Do you know republicans have been ? all over blacks since the beginning of the party?

Do you know blacks who suck up to the republican party and put in the media are only being used to help the REAL republicans who are struggling with the black vote?

Do you know that the only blacks in republican conventions are the janitors that clean up afterward?
    Malcolm X wrote:
    Republicans call you n iggers while democrats call you Knee-grows

Time for some............
    conspiracy1.jpg

Since your a republican I guess you are aware of the mascot of the party, the elephant, has the 3 stars. This is the OLD version.

republican_elephant.jpg

Then at some point they flipped the stars Upside down like so.

Republican_Elephant.jpg

And its been like that ever since. How do you explain Republicans using a KNOWN symbol of the church of Satan thats been used for decades, as part of there national mascot?

draft_lens2333751module13084699photo_1229549310pentagram20levi.jpg

I'm not saying they practice Satan worship, or they control the world or engage in questionable initiation acts. I'm just asking why do you think they decided to flip the stars?
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^
    interesting. strangely i cant find a democrat donkey with upside down stars like that either.
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thats because the democrats didn't ? with their logo.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why do Black people vote democrat just because they are black and think that anyone who doesnt is selling out the race?

Why do Black people have republican views (work hard, pay taxes, be a good american, be a good christian) but still vote democrat?

It is because people just dont know what it means to be a republican and never take the time to look into it?

(im not a dem or down with the GOP, im just asking.)
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Why do Black people vote democrat just because they are black and think that anyone who doesnt is selling out the race?

Why do Black people have republican views (work hard, pay taxes, be a good american, be a good christian) but still vote democrat?

It is because people just dont know what it means to be a republican and never take the time to look into it?

(im not a dem or down with the GOP, im just asking.)

lol democrats believe,in the samething we just believe that corporations shouldnt be able
    to make ppl work for 1.25 hr like they do indonesia. lol
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol democrats believe,in the samething we just believe that corporations shouldnt be able
    to make ppl work for 1.25 hr like they do indonesia. lol

I dont think Any Americans believe in that. Being divided on every single thing is the American way.
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    almost as funny as your corny ass avatar
    ^ Nobody's taking my thread seriously feelings post.
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Will the Republican Health Care Plan cover the cost of bandages for the welts, scars and keloids on your back for misbehaving?

Who are we kidding you're not even black. Follow up:

Are crackers pretending to be black online part of the new GOP strategy to make blacks hate you even more?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Are you happy about being able to serve openly now?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    I dont think Any Americans believe in that. Being divided on every single thing is the American way.

If the democrats didn't at least partially believe in fairness in the workplace, then we would all be working in sweatshops.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Isn't being a Black Republican an oxymoron. That's like being a Christian Atheist. It just doesn't coalesce.