The Official Dmx Is Better Than Jay-Z Thread

Options

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    whats up wit the complete overration of dmx over these last 2 days...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »

Can Jay Z make a song with a meaning like this song DMX made? can he make a song with soul like this? Does he have a soul?

• imalreadydagoat504
    imalreadydagoat504 Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol at jay fans getting upset in here............they did battle head to head back in the day ya know.....so how come jay didnt win if hes so much better?

so u was there and saw who won?

but on a real note jay do have a big ass nose, i think if he tried he can go line for line.

but x top ten to me, he and be argued is he better than anybody in my top ten besides jay and nas
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    DMX is better than Jay-Z as an MC. Jay-Z can rhyme, but X is better at emceeing. He can move the crowd like no other. He's better at words in the way of conveying emotion, presentation, and telling a story to get the imagery across.

I have yet to hear a Jay-Z song that hits as hard as Slippin or gets you hype like Get At Me Dog
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    c/s Jay could never snort a line like Dark Man X

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • piffhuxtable
    piffhuxtable Members Posts: 169
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so being an ill lyricist makes a rapper overall better?If that is true then you're saying Wayne is a overall better rapper than Pac because Wayne is better lyrically.

Not only is Jay a better lyricist he's a better overall songwriter, not to mention more charasmatic and much much more consistent. Pac is one of the greatest songwriters of the 20th century, thats what seperates him from his peers, and makes him the one exception. Likewise there are many who are better than Pac. Sorry but legendary skills + legendary charisma = legendary artist. DMX had neither. Just a flash in the pan artist.
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    DMX is better than Jay-Z as an MC. Jay-Z can rhyme, but X is better at emceeing. He can move the crowd like no other. He's better at words in the way of conveying emotion, presentation, and telling a story to get the imagery across

You haven't been to a jigga concert lately................. and im just a casual fan of dude
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

but on a real note jay do have a big ass nose, i think if he tried he can go line for line.

but x top ten to me, he and be argued is he better than anybody in my top ten besides jay and nas

no,but i heard it went on for hours and ended in a tie....even though both camps thought there guy won...
  • piffhuxtable
    edited January 2011
    Options
    DMX is better than Jay-Z as an MC. Jay-Z can rhyme, but X is better at emceeing. He can move the crowd like no other. He's better at words in the way of conveying emotion, presentation, and telling a story to get the imagery across.

I have yet to hear a Jay-Z song that hits as hard as Slippin or gets you hype like Get At Me Dog

No. not even close.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You haven't been to a jigga concert lately................. and im just a casual fan of dude

lies........
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lies........

Oh really...............................
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not only is Jay a better lyricist he's a better overall songwriter, not to mention more charasmatic and much much more consistent. Pac is one of the greatest songwriters of the 20th century, thats what seperates him from his peers, and makes him the one exception. Likewise there are many who are better than Pac. Sorry but legendary skills + legendary charisma = legendary artist. DMX had neither. Just a flash in the pan artist.

How Is Jay Z a better songwriter when Kanye writes some of Jay's hooks for some of his songs
    Lmao @ Charismatic Jay Z only charisma is grunting and saying uh uh which he stole from Master P
    Jay Z tells a better story and writes a better song than this?lmao hell no ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options

You don't hear Jay talk about that pool hall battle as much...I think it's clear cut case of who won and who lost.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You don't hear Jay talk about that pool hall battle as much...I think it's clear cut case of who won and who lost.

He doesn't talk about any battles period. From the video interviews on the battle it wasn't clear who won.
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Jay-z never been that ? , hes always been wack, hes been shootin blanks since the beginning of his days nh, and hes been biting ? styles for the longest the only album that i think was really him was Kingdom Come and we all know that ? was straight ass. its either that or that ? was on some truly potent ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn JR has pull ...

a simpleton ass thread like this has ? in a tizzy .... LoL
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cradle 2 the Grave was my ? though....................

SMh at DMX fallin off so hard, musically and everything else...
  • piffhuxtable
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How Is Jay Z a better songwriter when Kanye writes some of Jay's hooks for some of his songs
    Lmao @ Charismatic Jay Z only charisma is grunting and saying uh uh which he stole from Master P
    Jay Z tells a better story and writes a better song than this?lmao hell no ?

What song does DMX has thats the caliber of a Can I Live, Dead Presidents, D'Evils, Regrets, Bring it On, Poltiics as Usual. And thats just off one LP. Sorry Jay is too slick of a lyricist for DMX to ever see Jay. Too much introspection. DMX is just all emotion which doesn't impress the more distingished listener.
  • illogics
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cradle 2 the Grave was my ? though....................

SMh at DMX fallin off so hard, musically and everything else...

Yea he fell off hard at Life period. First two albums still undeniable tho.
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Yea he fell off hard at Life period. First two albums still undeniable tho.

no doubt..............................
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    He doesn't talk about any battles period. From the video interviews on the battle it wasn't clear who won.

Jay's still saying Takeover was better than Ether, but knowing he got his humps handed to him in that.
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Flesh_Of_My_Flesh.jpg

This cover used to scare the ? outta me as a kid, ? with the music heavy though..........
  • illogics
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Jay's still saying Takeover was better than Ether, but knowing he got this humps handed to him in that.

........ok
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Jay's still saying Takeover was better than Ether, but knowing he got this humps handed to him in that.

Takeover was though
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Here we go...................

I think he said it was better as a song though (beatwise and ? ), not as a diss.... if that makes any difference