College Fans: Would You Rather Your School Be a Football or Basketball School?

Options
ICame4Pussy
ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I could give a ? really about BBall season as long as USC whooping ass in the fall. What yall prefer?

Comments

• Polo Kidd
    Polo Kidd Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football...........
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Definitely football, but this is basically the same as the Football vs. Basketball thread, lol.

Fortunately, my fav school won a Nat'l Title and went to three Nat'l championship games in football, and one Final four in basketball in the same decade so I'm good. (Not to mention one of my best friends was the best player on the Final Four squad. AND they produced the two best rookies in the NFL and NBA this year.)
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football will bring in more money but I can't picture North Carolina being a football school that ? just wouldn't feel right
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    football. although i guess it depends on which sport your school is better at, but as long as bball has one and done players then football>>>>
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Definitely football, but this is basically the same as the Football vs. Basketball thread, lol.

Fortunately, my fav school won a Nat'l Title and went to three Nat'l championship games in football, and one Final four in basketball in the same decade so I'm good. (Not to mention one of my best friends was the best player on the Final Four squad. AND they produced the two best rookies in the NFL and NBA this year.)
    football. my fav college team represents in both, but I don't even keep up with college bball...

Yall ? couldve named yall teams
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yall ? couldve named yall teams

Mine should be obvious. Two best rookies in the NBA and NFL??

*Cue Jeopardy music....
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mine should be obvious. Two best rookies in the NBA and NFL??

*Cue Jeopardy music....

*End Jeopardy music... "? , ? "

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4qZhsQgTOE6e0IATmsI-lM9o871HPhDoVitz0y-skvBLXBn0mw
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-DM0goJPkXyE5xa9bNiX4QkrUu1RjBGwYYq10nlyFu3qlGtw5iQ
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When OKLA went to the final four?
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When OKLA went to the final four?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFMQkaol9dA04aObtC8RwxZs1n3lGTzvvbcpJxjDG1fikOoKw-

Lost to Indiana.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My ACTUAL school (not no "favorite" ? , you know the school I ACTUALLY enrolled in/went to/graduated from) has always been a football powerhouse. Even though we're upsetting schools in basketball this year, football will always dominate the environment.

I remember when Greg Oden played us the year he got drafted. It was right after this huge snowstorm that cancelled classes. The only reason we went was because A: there were no classes B: the tickets were free.

That should let you know the state of basketball at PSU. Which to me makes no sense. How hard is it to give 5 scholarships to some kids balling out in NY, who have no future??? You telling me that St. Johns team couldn't have been persuaded to get a PSU "education." How hard is it to build a competitive collegiate basketball team when your school is already nationally recognized for everything else (literally everything else).

But yeah def football over basketball. You ain't never partied until you've tailgated at ? stadium. Our stadium holds 115,000 ppl. Thats not counting the 40,000 students running around ? chanting We Are. And that's not counting the parents/siblings who come into town just to buy psu clothes and watch the game. The drinking starts at 8am, even if the game is an 8pm kickoff (no exaggeration). I've seen fans set up trailers with plasma tvs and satellite to watch the game. Seen fans in the tailgate playing football with a shoe (Michigan fans at that too). Had friends pass out at 12 noon from drinking. Seen ppl laid out on a stretcher from over drinking. Had women offer me jello shots just cause I was selling football programs. Been offered food and tons of beer just cause I started a "We are...Penn St" chant. Seen the VP of this consulting company (won't say their name) shotgun a beer, doing a handstand during a waterfall line with 20+ppl. Uncontrollable wildness goes down at tailgates. ? happens at a basketball game???
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    My ACTUAL school (not no "favorite" ? , you know the school I ACTUALLY enrolled in/went to/graduated from) has always been a football powerhouse. Even though we're upsetting schools in basketball this year, football will always dominate the environment.

I remember when Greg Oden played us the year he got drafted. It was right after this huge snowstorm that cancelled classes. The only reason we went was because A: there were no classes B: the tickets were free.

That should let you know the state of basketball at PSU. Which to me makes no sense. How hard is it to give 5 scholarships to some kids balling out in NY, who have no future??? You telling me that St. Johns team couldn't have been persuaded to get a PSU "education." How hard is it to build a competitive collegiate basketball team when your school is already nationally recognized for everything else (literally everything else).

But yeah def football over basketball. You ain't never partied until you've tailgated at ? stadium. Our stadium holds 115,000 ppl. Thats not counting the 40,000 students running around ? chanting We Are. And that's not counting the parents/siblings who come into town just to buy psu clothes and watch the game. The drinking starts at 8am, even if the game is an 8pm kickoff (no exaggeration). I've seen fans set up trailers with plasma tvs and satellite to watch the game. Seen fans in the tailgate playing football with a shoe (Michigan fans at that too). Had friends pass out at 12 noon from drinking. Seen ppl laid out on a stretcher from over drinking. Had women offer me jello shots just cause I was selling football programs. Been offered food and tons of beer just cause I started a "We are...Penn St" chant. Seen the VP of this consulting company (won't say their name) shotgun a beer, doing a handstand during a waterfall line with 20+ppl. Uncontrollable wildness goes down at tailgates. ? happens at a basketball game???

Shid u aint lying
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options

I would've went to OU, but the school I went to was more prestigious and gave me a scholarship (which cost three times more than OU's tuition.)
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would've went to OU, but the school I went to was more prestigious and gave me a scholarship (which cost three times more than OU's tuition.)

*edap* you gotta take that my nig

lol its a damn shame that I'm trying to recruit my lil cousins into the PSU family

can't have no fuckeyes or bichigan alum in my bloodline
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *edap* you gotta take that my nig

lol its a damn shame that I'm trying to recruit my lil cousins into the PSU family

can't have no fuckeyes or bichigan alum in my bloodline

Did date a fine broad that went to PSU tho. She might've been the one that got away. (*side note - she also dated Larry Johnson's lil brother when she was there. Smh @ me have six-? of seperation with Larry Johnson. lol)
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football, my schools are football schools and there is nothing like tailgating before a football game and the fine ass half naked ? . It's way more energy with football!
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football cuz my Razorbacks in the SEC and I love when my team has a good season in a GREAT conference.

Dudez had the squad back in the Nolan Richardson/Big Nasty days.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYU8evdFGZa8B6Rl_hA1C4-rl3obCW_JZdo06lnsZy_1KSizf_dQ
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football & its not even close......at all.

One thing I regret about choosing a HBCU over a State School. Big 10, Big 12, SEC schools just seem like the dopest school experience. I can only imagine the ? that goes down at USC or U of Texas during Football saturday.
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Football & its not even close......at all.

One thing I regret about choosing a HBCU over a State School. Big 10, Big 12, SEC schools just seem like the dopest school experience. I can only imagine the ? that goes down at USC or U of Texas during Football saturday.

I feel u, but real talk when I was considering which school to go to (a HBCU or local big state school) I swear HBO ran "Higher Learning" like 3 times in one week and then a week later I rented "School Daze". Needless to say, I went the HBCU route. Had some regrets, but I have several state-school homies that feel the same way about not going HBCU. My homeboy said he felt like a "mascot" sometimes at Oklahoma, lol.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I feel u, but real talk when I was considering which school to go to (a HBCU or local big state school) I swear HBO ran "Higher Learning" like 3 times in one week and then a week later I rented "School Daze". Needless to say, I went the HBCU route. Had some regrets, but I have several state-school homies that feel the same way about not going HBCU. My homeboy said he felt like a "mascot" sometimes at Oklahoma, lol.

LOL @ the "Higher Learning" reference...that film along with Stomp the Yard & Different World made me wanna do the HBCU thing. But...I know I would've loved going to USC.
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I choose Football although SDSU is having more success in Basketball right now.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My fav college is a basketball school, I wouldnt have it any other way. We got a mid level S.E.C. football program that I still root for tho.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football all the way! But I didnt go to LSU or my other fav, LA Tech. I went to Saint Leo distant learning. FTW! LOL!
    But hey LSU has won championship in football, baseball, and went to final fours in men and women. Hell they are good in track and gymnastics.
    La Tech is good at women basketball. Not really doing it big but they are doing it.
    I am also a Grambling and Southern fan! ? it I am a fan of the Great Boot State! Where football is King!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football school... but its an okay basketball and I can't complain about it.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My fav college is a basketball school, I wouldnt have it any other way. We got a mid level S.E.C. football program that I still root for tho.

Kentucky? and are the one who voted basketball?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Football cause thats my favorite sport...but my school(Texas) could easliy win championships in both sports.