Any of u know somebody who had a party/barbecue when they got out of jail ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
never understood it ... cats getting hit of with paper and lavish parties all because they just came home from doing a 10ball ....

but the cat that just graduated from hs/college goes unnoticed . SMH

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't think that's a true assessment. I've had cousins get released from jail and they're lucky if they get daps. But my family spazzes out at graduation time.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol yea. i eat & run at those type of parties
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you just finished watchin Boyz N The Hood huh
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I made thread about this ? a while back too LOL. I'm from BK so yeah, I've seen it plenty of times on both ends of the spectrum.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw most of my ? that went to jail ain't gettin out no time this decade
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    never understood it ... cats getting hit of with paper and lavish parties all because they just came home from doing a 10ball ....

I got a barbecue when I got out of jail last summer, but when I graduated college nobody was checkin' for me, except a few close homies.

Truthfully it doesn't bother me though, getting out of jail is a big deal.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If ya man just did 10 years in the clink and you don't throw that ? a party, barbq or SOMETHING when he get home...then you're pretty ? lame. With that being said, if ya man graduate from college, the same ? should be done.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    If ya man just did 10 years in the clink and you don't throw that ? a party, barbq or SOMETHING when he get home...then you're pretty ? lame. With that being said, if ya man graduate from college, the same ? should be done.

what is a barbeque gonna do for my ? who just touched down from a 10ball ?

i'll put him up to flow on how things are but a barbeque nah .... he needs to get his awareness together I dont see a barbecue doing that for him ....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yea two times (different dudes) homie came home after a 7 year bid.
    And the other did like 5 or 6 and we did a bbq on the block...smh at homie serving life now tho
  • mryounggun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what is a barbeque gonna do for my ? who just touched down from a 10ball ?

i'll put him up to flow on how things are but a barbeque nah .... he needs to get his awareness together I dont see a barbecue doing that for him ....

I think you missed the OR SOMETHING part. Ain't got to be a barbq. Anything to let the ? know you still got love for him and that you glad he home.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I honestly can't wrap my mind around throwing a party/barbeque for anyone coming out of jail.
    If you ass dumb enuff to be in jail, the ? Im gonna celebrate you getting out for?
    I don't care if we were boys before, you ain't getting no recognition from me.
    Im only throwing parties for people who have accomplished something positive.
  • mryounggun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I honestly can't wrap my mind around throwing a party/barbeque for anyone coming out of jail.
    If you ass dumb enuff to be in jail, the ? Im gonna celebrate you getting out for?

No disrespect, son - and I see where you going with that - but that's kinda foul. So you mean to tell me if ya best friend had to do a bid for a couple years (? forbid), you wouldn't want to show him a good time when he got out?
  • sammm
    sammm Members Posts: 1,139
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would think theyre thrown because the person was missed? And now they have their freedom again.
    Ive never been to one but I'm sure they're thrown out of love.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No disrespect, son - and I see where you going with that - but that's kinda foul. So you mean to tell me if ya best friend had to do a bid for a couple years (? forbid), you wouldn't want to show him a good time when he got out?

Not gonna celebrate in the beginning but I will help him get back on his feet.
    He has to show and prove to me he is rehabiliated before we "celebrate". Too many people get out of jail and go right back.
    If my boy is a man, he will understand the tough love.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not gonna celebrate in the beginning but I will help him get back on his feet.
    He has to show and prove to me he is rehabiliated before we "celebrate". Too many people get out of jail and go right back.
    If my boy is a man, he will understand the tough love.

Sad to say but this happened to my Cousin. He did 5 on 8 came home for like a yr and a half and got locked back up going on i think 4yrs now.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There's lots of partying at college. You don't need another party when you're finished, though some people do have graduation parties.

When people come home from doin a long bid, their friends and family should give them some kind of a homecoming, not to congratulate them, but cause they been away and livin in a ? environment for a long time. Maybe the person did something wrong or just stupid, but you gonna turn youe back on them all these years later?
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ive been to release parties AND graduation parties. not sure what the big deal is here.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

I disagree that if a person is in jail that its always because their a ? . Everybody's situation is different and u never know wat could have happened for them to end up n that predicament. Sometimes it may be one simple mistake, sometimes it cud be being in the wrong place or being wit the wrong person, or just a case of defending yourself. To brush everyone wit one broad stroke is wrong.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

c/s. positive or negative, u gotta keep it 100 with your real homies no matter what.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? I look like throwing a party for a ? doing time for *drug dealing, stealing or murdering* somebody
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Yeah we always did it! they just go back the next month. SMH!