Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    A see a lot of sneak dissin in this thread
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's Mathews award, when did Troy ever had to face double teams like Mathews and still styled on ? . I don't even know if Troy is the best defense player on his team, Harrison might have more impact on the game than he does.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    not to mention $125,000 in fines at one point
    On the same day that Steelers linebacker James Harrison was fined another $25,000, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he wants fans to think of Harrison’s children, and how they could be affected by how much money Harrison has lost in fines this year.

“I don’t care how much money you make. I take offense at times just in general how all of us talk about the money,” Tomlin told Alex Marvez and Rich Gannon on Sirius NFL Radio. “He’s got two kids. That’s some serious college schooling right there potentially for those kids 16, 18 years from now.”
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's Mathews award, when did Troy ever had to face double teams like Mathews and still styled on ? . I don't even know if Troy is the best defense player on his team, Harrison might have more impact on the game than he does.
    "They not gon like this!"

*smh* @ this being a Lifetime Achievement award.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For Ed Reed to miss half a season and still get a vote is gangsta.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

i mean all you gotta do is flashback to last season. steelers couldnt even make the playoffs without troy...now they're back in the superbowl with him?? harrison puts up great numbers every year, but that defense aint as scary without polamalu
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For Ed Reed to miss half a season and still get a vote is gangsta.

8 ints in only 10 games is ? crazy
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he wins the award based on when he jumped the line and tackled kerry collins. but he makes similar type plays all throughout the season. dude is the most important defensive player on any team in the nfl. real talk
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Seriously? How the ? do you double team a safety?
    .........I guess you didn't see their defense last year when Polamalu was hurt?
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anyway, I'm surprised Clay didn't win it, ? definitely had the media hype all season.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No complaints here
  • dbrazil412
    edited January 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm surprised Clay didn't win it, ? definitely had the media hype all season.

aaron rodgers for mvp........
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ibedamned wrote: »
    No complaints here

Options
    Seriously? How the ? do you double team a safety?
    .........I guess you didn't see their defense last year when Polamalu was hurt?

That's the ? point dude, Clay Mathews had to go up against double teams and still impacted the game as much as Troy, if not more. Troy is a safety, if the Steelers don't get pressure up front or run block (which is there strength) the Steelers secondary gets exposed. Polamalu is a part of the Steelers system, he ain't the system, trust me when he is done they will replace his ass with another safety and the Steelers will still rank top 5.

Their defense was a top 10 defense last year without Troy, why you acting like they were the Texans or some ? .
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

rightfully so, but troy definitely had more media hype
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's the ? point dude, Clay Mathews had to go up against double teams and still impacted the game as much as Troy, if not more. Troy is a safety, if the Steelers don't get pressure up front or run block (which is there strength) the Steelers secondary gets exposed. Polamalu is a part of the Steelers system, he ain't the system, trust me when he is done they will replace his ass with another safety and the Steelers will still rank top 5.

Their defense was a top 10 defense last year without Troy, why you acting like they were the Texans or some ? .

In the 5 games Polamalu played in 2009 they gave up an average of 13.8 points per game.
    In the 11 games he missed they gave up 23.2 points per game.

Explain to me how that is a top 10 defense, without him....
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    rightfully so, but troy definitely had more media hype

I don't know about that, because it seems like Clay Matthews was the favorite for DPOY after he had 3 sacks in each of his first two games.
  • dbrazil412
    edited January 2011
    Options
    troy polamalu will be a hall of famer...there is no replacing that with 'just another safety'
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Seriously? How the ? do you double team a safety?.........I guess you didn't see their defense last year when Polamalu was hurt?

LOL, i missed this one earlier
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

LMAO at Safety's Getting Doubled Team....

Guess i'll have to start checkin for that
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

you aint know..why you think linemen is always called for ineligible downfield? lmao
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    you aint know..why you think linemen is always called for ineligible downfield? lmao

*dead*

usmarine with another quotable
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No it was all ? . ? been suckin' Polamalu ? for a minute. He didn't deserve it over Clay Matthews or even Ed Reed who had more picks in less games and just as much impact on the Ravens. Look at how their turnover ratio skyrocketed when Ed came off the PUP list. ? the ? .
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Atleast my boy Ngata got recognition... ? Troy & Clay nh
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Well not a double team but they can run a WR and TE or TE and RB, etc. at Polamalu. The ? stays at the LOS. Whatever......mad players got ? on by this ? choice. It's really the No Fun League...maybe we need a year off to get ? minds right.