I need to identify a song, but.......

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllTek
.....I'm stumped as to how to find out the artist and title.

I'm listening to an old podcast from 2006 and the host is talking over the song, so I can't really grab the lyrics. The song is older because it sounds like some old El Debarge. I've tried all of Debarge's (the group) songs, and it's not them.

I don't have a smartphone with the app that can identify songs if you play them, and I downloaded Tunatic and it doesn't recognize the song, probably because the host is talking over the song.

Is there someone out there (or someone in an old record store that I can go to) that I can locate online that knows songs just by hearing it? The song is a fast pace Debarge type track, guitar, and a dude with a high pitch voice. Or is there some additional software out there that can pick the song out of the background and tell me who the artist and song title are?

This is the link to the podcast, and the song is the first 4-5 minutes of the host talking.

http://hulkshare.com/o68iy1xo22g7

Comments

• sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This forum is dead or I wouldve helped before, did you find it or do you still need help with it?
  • sapo614
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Mally_G
    edited March 2011
    Options
    AAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!! ? !!!!!!

THAT'S IT!!!!

Man, you're a life saver. I've been racking my brain for over a year trying to figure out what this song was. No one I knew could make it out because of the talking over it.

Thanks alot.
  • Kidjudge
    Kidjudge Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Use Shazaam on your phone next time
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kidjudge wrote: »
    Use Shazaam on your phone next time

Exactly what I was coming in here to say especially when I saw podcast in his post.
  • Mally_G
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I said I didn't have a smartphone that could identify songs if played, but someone told me about Shazaam a while back. I need to upgrade my phone (still going off the Samsung Instinct) and that ? is basically useless compared to phones of today.
  • sapo614
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sound Hound is better then Shazam(they have a limit on their tags for the free version and they are slower) but I didnt use either, I just picked up the words from the hook and typed them into google, it gave me a few matches and I checked youtube to see if I could find a match and then hit the bootleg sites to find the album and wala.........
  • Mally_G
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I couldn't make out the hook, that was the problem. I kept coming up with "if you feel it in your mind......." "if you feel it on your body.....", ? like that.

I was waaayyyy off.

Every time there was a silence part to where i might be able to catch a part of the song, the ? would start talking again.