Obama said if something like Wisconsin happens, he'll be on the picket line

Options
KTULU IS BACK
KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Social Lounge
Barack Obama in Spartanburg, SC. Nov. 3rd, 2007.
"And understand this: If American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain when I'm in the White House, I'll put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself, I'll will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States of America. Because workers deserve to know that somebody is standing in their corner."

But not only is he literally not on the picket line, he's not even offering the most basic kind of moral support.

? Obama.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? KTULU and the Tea Bagger Movement, as Obama fully understands ---just like with Arizona and SB-1070--- is greedy, racist, Whites who are at the center of something like Wisconsin happening here on The Homeland.

So Obama's goal is what?

Just to collect $400,000 every year for four years, sip some whine with rich foreigners and then retire without doing anything? Obama sold out to big business, he's a ? .
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Noam Chomsky on why Obama ain't doing ? for the working class:
  • the_omniscient
    the_omniscient Members Posts: 245
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't really care if Obama actually does join the picket line. However he does need to say more about the matter. True, Wisconsin's budget needs trimming. Does Wisconsin need to do it this way though? Also, what's Obama's stance on what the governor is threating to do with the concept of collective bargaining and what this could do to the employees in the future? Obama needs to speak up.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited February 2011
    Options
    aside from the fact that politicians are liars, i assume there is a huge security risk with the president just being in a crowd of people.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    elhuey wrote: »
    aside from the fact that politicians are liars, i assume there is a huge security risk with the president just being in a crowd of people.
    He can do a surprise visit. Happens all the time.

If he can take his ass to Afganastan & Iraq in a war zone he can take his ass to Wisconsin.

And poor Norm. Sounds like he's half a second from falling asleep.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    He can do a surprise visit. Happens all the time.

If he can take his ass to Afganastan & Iraq in a war zone he can take his ass to Wisconsin.

And poor Norm. Sounds like he's half a second from falling asleep.

well, he didnt say that he would simply show up. he said that he would put on some shoes and march with them. as if he was standing in a crowd of people holding a sign. i have no idea how security works but i doubt secret service would see that as a good idea. and who knows, he might use that as an excuse for another one of his broken promises.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    elhuey wrote: »
    well, he didnt say that he would simply show up. he said that he would put on some shoes and march with them. as if he was standing in a crowd of people holding a sign. i have no idea how security works but i doubt secret service would see that as a good idea. and who knows, he might use that as an excuse for another one of his broken promises.
    True secret service would likely shoot it down. But he can still have a rally. Presidents do it all the time. Usually indoors of course. But there's gotta be an auditorium he can use.

But like Norm said. Its because the democrats agree with the GOP on this issue thats why.

The higher up in the power chain the more the corruption.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Obama's a marshmallow, dude is sweeter than an oreo cookie... haha.. But real talk he isn't a fighter like that, he'd rather wait till it's already played itself out and then side with the winner than take a stand on behalf of working people.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you been talking with Rahm Emmanuel, eh?

whats up with your avi?
    hahahaha