22nd March 2011... Four great albums, what you going to listen to first?

Options

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Monch is WINNING.

hahaha but not as clear cut as it looks, 4 people have stated for CunninLynguists haha

It's great that we have this decision to make that's tough though and of course Monch has the better legacy and is all round the better emcee than any of the others mentioned. But CL will drop a better all round album, IMO!
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Vote lol.

What don't you like about Pharoah's music?

K.R.I.T's worth checking out, IMO from the few songs I've checked. I'm waiting for his debut to drop before I give him a full listen.

Zion I have had a nice career, their first album was in 2000 - Mind Over Matter? Enter the Woods was their EP from 97... you just checked their EP?

i meant to say mind over matter lol

but monch's flow doesn't do it for me...i guess its his voice and the trying hard to make a syllable pattern that turns me off from his music...the only thing i liked from dude was his freestyle on canibus 2000 bc cd...besides that meh

i heard some good things about krit...i'ma youtube dude and see whats the big deal is
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i meant to say mind over matter lol

but monch's flow doesn't do it for me...i guess its his voice and the trying hard to make a syllable pattern that turns me off from his music...the only thing i liked from dude was his freestyle on canibus 2000 bc cd...besides that meh

i heard some good things about krit...i'ma youtube dude and see whats the big deal is

I thought, lol. True & Livin' is worth listening to as well... don't miss it...

I can see why that might not be to your tastes, but I really enjoy Monch, I think some of his concepts are really nice as well...

Yeah, check him out, never know :tu Looking forward to CL now!!
  • HipHop90
    HipHop90 Members Posts: 31
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've gone with CL purely because I love Kno's production and hoping he comes up trumps with some quality instrumentals, will definately be coppin' Monch's aswell though cos I love his style he spits with real energy. Not sure on the other 2 will have to give them a listen though.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    HipHop90 wrote: »
    I've gone with CL purely because I love Kno's production and hoping he comes up trumps with some quality instrumentals, will definately be coppin' Monch's aswell though cos I love his style he spits with real energy. Not sure on the other 2 will have to give them a listen though.

Yeah, I can't see Kno disappointing, he never does...

Going to be a great album, I've got the instrumental disc as well due to the advance pre-order, hopefully they'll do the same with iTunes so people don't miss out on Kno's genius.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Krit............
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm go Cunninlyguists on this one, after the quality of Kno's album last year I'm rather hopeful that this album will be good. Pharoahe comes in a close 2nd; however 3rd for me if definitely Classified (a Canadian MC) who's album is out the same day over either Krit or Zion
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    supertitan wrote: »
    I'm go Cunninlyguists on this one, after the quality of Kno's album last year I'm rather hopeful that this album will be good. Pharoahe comes in a close 2nd; however 3rd for me if definitely Classified (a Canadian MC) who's album is out the same day over either Krit or Zion

Got any of his stuff? Make a thread if you can, :tu

Funny, the CunninLynguists have struck back, it's a level head now.
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Classified feat. Royce Da 5'9 & B.O.B. - They Call This (Hip Hop)
    Classified - Addicted
    Classified - 5th Element
    Classified feat. Royce Da 59 & Choclair - Unexplainable Hunger
    Classified - Beatin' It
    Classified - Fall From Paradise
    Classified - Anybody Listening
    Classified - Oh... Canada
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @BIGKRIT Preparing fo sxsw and droppin #returnof4eva proved to be more difficult then I thought.I chose 2 push it back 2 tha 28th...bear with me

How has this ? not leaked yet?
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    @BIGKRIT Preparing fo sxsw and droppin #returnof4eva proved to be more difficult then I thought.I chose 2 push it back 2 tha 28th...bear with me

How has this ? not leaked yet?

Unreal, props to him.

@ Supertitan, props on those videos, I'm working my way through them, but definitely looks like an artist I need to check out more, all great tracks :tu
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nice to see a another Classified fan. I'm from somewhat close to where Class is from and he is real big around here. Hell of a producer and rapper. I don't really like his new single, That Ain't Classy, much, but his other new song, Ups & Downs, is pretty damn good. Definitely anticipating Handshakes and Middle-Fingers, his last album Self-Explanatory was his best IMO.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nice to see a another Classified fan. I'm from somewhat close to where Class is from and he is real big around here. Hell of a producer and rapper. I don't really like his new single, That Ain't Classy, much, but his other new song, Ups & Downs, is pretty damn good. Definitely anticipating Handshakes and Middle-Fingers, his last album Self-Explanatory was his best IMO.

I'm going searching, props :tu
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    today i got 3 of the 4 albunms,Zion I & THe Grouch,Pharoahe and CL. right now ilistend to about half of both ZIon I and Pharoha albums and them ? is dope as ? . have opend the CL album yet but i will soon.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    today i got 3 of the 4 albunms,Zion I & THe Grouch,Pharoahe and CL. right now ilistend to about half of both ZIon I and Pharoha albums and them ? is dope as ? . have opend the CL album yet but i will soon.

Nice :tu

I am waiting for my copy of CL but I bought the album via MP3 as well... it's a great album, going to listen to Pharoahe and Zion I in the next few days though :tu

What's the sound like on Pharoahe's?
  • satyrone
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Nice :tu

I am waiting for my copy of CL but I bought the album via MP3 as well... it's a great album, going to listen to Pharoahe and Zion I in the next few days though :tu

What's the sound like on Pharoahe's?

dope different than desire. i havent checked out any of the producers yet but there are some fire beats. tho my only beef so far is that he got Immortal Tech on the hook of W.A.R in stead of giving him a verse.
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Picked up my copy of Classified's new album today. Class is an automatic purchase for me, gotta support "local" talent. Surprised to see Joe Budden and Brother ALi on the guest list. About to give it a listen, should be good.
  • Stew
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kinda disappointed in W.A.R. smh

Gonna have to search and find CL, hate ordering online.

KRIT doesnt come out till next week. Hopes not up for that cause he said it was a street album smh
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    crooked i did an EP today so i checked that first cuz i like his style more than most
    but after that it was pharoahe and that ? is hard as hell
    i dont really care about the rest
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Kinda disappointed in W.A.R. smh

Gonna have to search and find CL, hate ordering online.

KRIT doesnt come out till next week. Hopes not up for that cause he said it was a street album smh

really i thought it was great. what did you not like about it?
  • Stew
    edited March 2011
    Options
    really i thought it was great. what did you not like about it?

2 or 3 of the songs were just mehhh. Not sure of the song titles yet cause I havnt really disected the whole thing just 2 quick listens. Just didnt seem that good to me like Desire did when I first heard it. Not saying it sucks just had higher expectations.
  • satyrone
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if yall ? aint know yet that Big Krit is out now. its a street album(mixtape) and its avaliable to download for free on his web site returnof4eva.com
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WAR is Above Average...........

Hopefully a grower
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if yall ? aint know yet that Big Krit is out now. its a street album(mixtape) and its avaliable to download for free on his web site returnof4eva.com

Props, I'll check it out, thoughts?
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    WAR is Above Average...........

Hopefully a grower

Most definitely hoping so as well, I've only listened the once, but I'm off for a few weeks after Friday, so I'll be checking it in more detail.

My copy of Oneirology arrived today, packaging is nice!

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options

It's great I've listened about 7 times through and it's one of my favorite projects in a minute