AT&T buys T-Mobile USA....thoughts?

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllTek
AT&T-Mobile: AT&T buys T-Mobile USA for $39B

AT&T announced that the new entity would be the biggest in the US with 130 million subscribers.

The national mobile carrier choices for US consumers will decrease by one if the purchase of Deutsche Telekom AG's U.S. T-Mobile unit by AT&T (T) passes regulatory hurdles. The $39 billion deal, announced ahead of a major wireless conference in Orlando tomorrow, would create the nation's largest wireless carrier and drop the big US mobile carriers to just three.
Charles Golvin from Forrester Research said of the deal:
"AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile, if approved, brings good news and bad news. The good news: high-speed mobile broadband service will improve in quality and coverage, including — in the long run — those in rural communities outside the reach of terrestrial broadband today. The bad news: the cost of that service won't come down nearly as fast as customers would like, since AT&T and Verizon Wireless combined would own nearly three out of every four wireless subscriptions in the US. While clearly troublesome for Sprint and other mobile smaller mobile competitors, It's also bad news for cable operators, whose incipient mobility products will suffer in comparison to what AT&T and Verizon can offer."

www-engadget.jpeg?w=300&h=225
FULL STORY:
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/03/...le-usa/?hpt=T2

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I work for Apple. Needless to say... we winning!
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sheeeehiiiittt. I got a $70 Unlimited plan with Tmobile I'm never leaving so thats fine with me since ill be getting an iphone for $70 unlimited.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol get ready for alot of dropped calls tmobile customers.
    They saying Obama might not let them do this.

but prices def going up
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i got tmobile now.....oh well
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm already on T-mobile.....what does this mean for me?
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    im on t-mobile so at least we gon get better looking phones now
  • bugsy0911
    bugsy0911 Members Posts: 373
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? , I left AT&T for Tmobile. What the ? ?!
  • ShencotheMC
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    im on t-mobile so at least we gon get better looking phones now

But t-mobile had 4g so we was swaggin out already
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    But t-mobile had 4g so we was swaggin out already

yea but i always liked at &t phones tho.....
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bugsy0911 wrote: »
    ? , I left AT&T for Tmobile. What the ? ?!

bwahahahahahahaha

i jus left at&t last month.. for sprint...
  • ShencotheMC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Co-sign but T-mobile still got some nice joints. That Htc HD 2 was looking right
  • bugsy0911
    edited March 2011
    Options

Really? AT&T got some of the most dated phones though.
  • bugsy0911
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Co-sign but T-mobile still got some nice joints. That Htc HD 2 was looking right

Just got the My touch 4G when it came out in November.

CapitalB wrote: »
    bwahahahahahahaha

i jus left at&t last month.. for sprint...

LOL. ? . I wudda went with Sprit but they was charging you an extra $10 for 4G and the blackberry unlimited plan wasn't included in their data plan. My wife has a corporate perks discount with Tmobile so we got the same play Sprint was offering with Tmobile for less because of the discount on the bill.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? tmobile charge you $30 for a data plan if you get an iphone

i got me one unlocked for them but now since at&t bought them out im hoping they just make it all an unlimited plan for a lower rate
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm on ATT and I think this sucks. The prices are high enough as it is. Now this gives them a reason to increase them even more. Man I really don't wanna have to go back to Sprint. Screw this, I'm taking my talents to Cricket Wireless!
  • ShencotheMC
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? tmobile charge you $30 for a data plan if you get an iphone

i got me one unlocked for them but now since at&t bought them out im hoping they just make it all an unlimited plan for a lower rate

Why would you try to get a data plan for an Iphone when you're a t mobile customer?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Banned Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why would you try to get a data plan for an Iphone when you're a t mobile customer?

Because u can use unlocked iphone on t mo...its edge...but it works i never had a problem with edge on my iphone webpages loaded fast enough for me
  • Ducky
    edited March 2011
    Options
    magic_b wrote: »
    I'm on ATT and I think this sucks. The prices are high enough as it is. Now this gives them a reason to increase them even more. Man I really don't wanna have to go back to Sprint. Screw this, I'm taking my talents to Cricket Wireless!
    h
    Your gonna regret cricket.... aint nothing wrong with sprint and the EVO is te best phone out
  • ShencotheMC
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ducky wrote: »
    Because u can use unlocked iphone on t mo...its edge...but it works i never had a problem with edge on my iphone webpages loaded fast enough for me

I know but I'm saying you gonna go into the t-mobile store with an unlocked Iphone and expect them to not charge you a grip for a data plan on that joint? lol
  • Ducky
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know but I'm saying you gonna go into the t-mobile store with an unlocked Iphone and expect them to not charge you a grip for a data plan on that joint? lol

Its the same price as any other smartphone data plan though..... blackberry android all that ? ....AND tmo got a iphone troubleshooting department..they will help u unlock ur device and set up the proper numbers and settings u need entered for it to work
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Saw this on CBS....

my problem is that I have an AT&T phone and I owe T-Mobile $600 for a bill (from which they scammed me on when I were younger not telling me that I didn't have free mobile 2 mobile- I know ? right?) but they been tryin to settle with me and make me pay like 100 bux and I see why now...long story short u peeps think AT&T gonna find out about that ? ? do they even give a ? about T-Mobiles debtors? what u think duckmeister?
  • Ducky
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Saw this on CBS....

my problem is that I have an AT&T phone and I owe T-Mobile $600 for a bill (from which they scammed me on when I were younger not telling me that I didn't have free mobile 2 mobile- I know ? right?) but they been tryin to settle with me and make me pay like 100 bux and I see why now...long story short u peeps think AT&T gonna find out about that ? ? do they even give a ? about T-Mobiles debtors? what u think duckmeister?

I dunno man i dont think they will add that ? to ur current account or nothing..id take that settlement tho...it comes off ur credit...its a good look even if they did ? u over... i ? em over last year tho..my credit is so ? up...i had 3 lines with em and only using one cuz 2 other people stopped paying..so i took all the phones got warranty replacements ordered some back covers and sold em all on ebay for close to 1400 total did the same ? with verizon added 2 lines bought 3 new phones ordered warranty replacements...bout back covers off ebay then sold em all on craigslist.

before they could report the esn bad they were already on other accounts...... made about 2300 off 6 phones from them
  • ShencotheMC
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its the same price as any other smartphone data plan though..... blackberry android all that ? ....AND tmo got a iphone troubleshooting department..they will help u unlock ur device and set up the proper numbers and settings u need entered for it to work

So wait wait wait. T-mobile fixing other company's phones?
  • Ducky
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So wait wait wait. T-mobile fixing other company's phones?

not fixing but troubleshooting..like if u can make calls, no data etc
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dunno man i dont think they will add that ? to ur current account or nothing..id take that settlement tho...it comes off ur credit...its a good look even if they did ? u over... i ? em over last year tho..my credit is so ? up...i had 3 lines with em and only using one cuz 2 other people stopped paying..so i took all the phones got warranty replacements ordered some back covers and sold em all on ebay for close to 1400 total did the same ? with verizon added 2 lines bought 3 new phones ordered warranty replacements...bout back covers off ebay then sold em all on craigslist.

before they could report the esn bad they were already on other accounts...... made about 2300 off 6 phones from them

Kudo post right there