Who really drinks 8 glasses of water every dmn day?

Options

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i may be wrong, but i thought that recommendation was changed a couple of years ago? if i remember the reason was that while you may not drink 8 glasses of water a day, water is in everything we eat and drink so you're still getting a lot of water even if it isn't in the form of water in your cup. anyway, i only drink water if i'm thirsty, i prefer juice

I read that as well but it's not necessarily true. If your ? isn't clear, you aren't drinking enough water.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I love green tea!!

white tea too!

but white tea prices have gone up so much recently

I think I might have to stop buying whole leaves
  • J.Greenz
    J.Greenz Members Posts: 82
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's all I drink, occasionally I'll drink orange juice and milk. I think I drink more than 8 on average though.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    I drink more then that

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just started drinking water last year,I use to drink like 6 cups of pepsi a day

DAMN son...yo thats how my grandfather got diabetes man. ? would drink a 6 pack of pepsi everyday. and this was in the 90's

chill out on that ? fam..
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    water in the foods you eat yeah but it takes water to help digest said foods so I dont know if you really gaining much...anyway 8 glasses of water is too much for an individual my size. I was thinking about this the other day and I wonder what avg height and weight are they basing this on cuz even after the 8 miles I put in today I still dont feel the need to consume that much h2o.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This was proven to be false a while back. You don't need to drink that much because you get water from your food also.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drink alot. My car would always be littered with empty water bottles. I now have a Nalgene Water bottle I refill. Im a sweaty ? too so I feel I need to rehydrate more.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drank 3.75 liters of water one day, max your body can handle is 4. Felt like my bladder was going to dissolve
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i havent drinked pop in over 3 years. the only juice i'll drink is pure orange juice. once you really start drinking water faithfully you aquire a taste for it. now to me water taste better than anything. its just natural and what we as humans were meant to consume

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drink at least that.

Being that a "glass is only 8 ounces" add in all the water that I drink while working out, in protein shakes, etc, I'd say I drink about 2 gallons a day. my shaker bottle is like 32 ounces and I go through about 2 of those while working out. then I throw another 24 oz in it when I have a protein shake after. all i drink is water and low cal gatorade.
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drink water all day long. good for the skin and cleaning the system. dont drink soda (unless some is in mixed drink)
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i drink like 3liters a day

3 of them big ass aquafina bottles
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Water will save yo life B
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    False. I've drank nearly 2 gallons in a day before. How can you have a max amount your body can handle when you're constantly sweating it out?

You have a point. Almost two gallons? Impressive, I was drinking 3 3/4s while training
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drink 3 bottles of water a day. After that, I'm like ? it where's the tea, lemonade or soda...
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i have on again off again affairs with water. sometimes thats all i will drink for weeks, and sometimes i mix it up with tea or juice.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i drink mad water
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon a day. Too much soda, juice, tea, or any sugary drink causes me to break out so I drink mostly water to help keep my skin clear. The only time I'm not likely drinking water is breakfast (OJ or Milk) or playing ball & working out (Powerade...preferaby blue).
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I prolly drink more than 8. All I drink is water. Its the best tasting drink ever
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Water tastes really good to me. However, I don't like drinking things in general which is why I find it hard as hell to drink 8 glasses a day. The most i've drank before was about 32 oz :(
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i may be wrong, but i thought that recommendation was changed a couple of years ago? if i remember the reason was that while you may not drink 8 glasses of water a day, water is in everything we eat and drink so you're still getting a lot of water even if it isn't in the form of water in your cup. anyway, i only drink water if i'm thirsty, i prefer juice

Yeah that's not really good for you even more so considering how much sugar is in juice, natural or not. Orange juice is the worst.

And our bodies are often in need of water/fluids but instead we confuse it with being hungry and therefore we eat even when we don't really need it.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    I drink upwards of a gallon a day *shrugs*

This ^^
    Cold Water>>>
    I like a glass of ice water with lemon in it as well.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I do. All I drink is water... and a lot of it.

Occasionally I drink a lil apple juice and maybe one sprite or pepsi when I'm watching football on a Sunday. But other than that..... A lot of water.

I actually used to drink a ? load of pepsi and sprite... Never had a cavity before and when I was like 17 I went to the dentist and had 5 cavities. I don't eat candy and I brush my teeth thoroughly 2 or 3 times a day so the only thing I could think of was soda. I killed that ? altogether quick and it was easy... now water tastes the best to me and other ? doesn't taste as good as it used to.. especially too much of it.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So everyone drinks water all day huh, then why are ? on some fat or bad skin then!