why do blacks still ? with MLK jr.?

Options

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Like I said the only thing I didn't like about MLKjr was the turn the other cheek ? he got from Gandhi.

LOL whats funny is that Gandhi thought us Black people were inferior his damn self. Ain't that some ? .

aint it. aint it. goes to show you not even a muthafucka that professed equality and rights for everyone thought ? was on his level. and mlk still looked up to him as a model for his non violent march. i guess morehouse men are dumb. and i guess he wasnt a genius
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited March 2011
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    it goes like this. at the end of the day intergration ? black people up. no matter how you shake it. before intergration blacks depended on each other so we did for self. but after we became complacent and became consumers of all and producers of none. it just irks me when ? get made at the school systems or made cause a white person discriminated on them for a job, house, or some other ? . people get made at black selling jobs in the community but a ? like me dont because im like what jobs do you have to offer your own people. to me ? are the stupiest people on earth. and mlk helped me and the world realize that.

I'm sorry dude but you come off as MAD. Your argument lacks any real substance. I'm not sure if you are trying to talk about integration or complaining about blk ppl who complain about "the man" and how "those ? " became complacent. On all that's holy, spell check your ? before you start trying to make an intelligent counter point on the importance of MLK.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When he made integration and civil rights the end goal, I think even he would agree that he damned Black America. Simply b/c he wasn't here afterward to say, "we accomplished this, but look what more we can..." ? took the one Win for the season and lost the next 15 games.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mlk was only need for house ? . meaning the ? who wanted to move around master to feel like they was on his level.

well we would still have a since of community. you think all this ? your ? and ? selling dope and senseless killing would be going on? nope. there would probably still be people killing but not at the rate it is now and drugs wouldnt be like it is either. like i said earlier ? wouldnt be clowning ? cause they want to learn. just watch great debaters ? . they had a thug ass ? on there but the ? was still smart than a muthafucka regardless. and lets not get into black businesses.

where are u getting with the logic that MLK's outlook is what made ? ignorant and against their own kind ..... him truely wanting blacks to be looked at with some sort of respect is what turned blacks against each other .. whether he took the good guy route or not it was all for RESPECT my ? ..

are u basically saying MLK was a overrated house ? ? keep it real family .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    props to you for atleast discussing something real cause my threads like this have been deleted many times. anyway. an old adage ive always heard and you too is that a zebra never changes its stripes or a leopard its spots. ? should of took marcus garvey and black wallstreets model and ran with it. that seperate but equal ? would of never flew cause honkeys werent bout to give us equal anything. even if we did stay on our side of town. black people would of been waaaaaaaaay better off without mlk jr. and i can tell you now that ? would be on a whole new level of success if we would of just shot that ? instead of the cia

Wow, son. You really digging your heels in and flying your flag right now, huh. Lol.

I personally don't think there would have been any 'African-Americans' as we understand that term now without MLK. I personally think that this country would cease to exist as it does now without MLK. The economy would not be the way it is. The export/import luxuries we have wouldn't be the same, etc. In the absence of an alternative, you go with whatever is available. Without MLK I think the people would have ALL sided with Stokley Carmichael and Malcolm X and others like them. Not that they were wrong. They were right. But it's just that MLK had a thought process of doing what he felt like would WORK for getting the results he was after in the long run. Without MLK, I think the vast majority of blacks in this country would have become violent against the gov't and law enforcement in a way that could only result in that uprising being put down in a major way. A way that we prolly wouldn't have recovered from. This ? is getting long, so I won't go into too much more detail, but I think you get what I mean. I hope.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When he made integration and civil rights the end goal, I think even he would agree that he damned Black America. Simply b/c he wasn't here afterward to say, "we accomplished this, but look what more we can..." ? took the one Win for the season and lost the next 15 games.

now I can respect the bolded ..... he wasn't here to finish what he kicked off and it left ? stunned .... u cant sit and say mlk doomed black america when he started the begining of what was gonna be a beautiful oultlook .... u act like the ? was gon retire after civil rights and equality pulled through .. nah he was gon continue to push his people to strive for more ....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok you pretty much.. killed yourself with the house ? categorization..

Theres different ways to attack he chose one.. others chose another.. could he have been more.. ? YOU.. yes but that wasnt him and ? he had a great hand in getting LBJ to pass LEGISLATION cant get any more tangible than that.. granted not everyone snapped to attention with the legistlation and that everything was ice cream and cake.. But the "HOUSE ? " helped to pass the LEGISLATION
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Wow, son. You really digging your heels in and flying your flag right now, huh. Lol.

I personally don't think there would have been any 'African-Americans' as we understand that term now without MLK. I personally think that this country would cease to exist as it does now without MLK. The economy would not be the way it is. The export/import luxuries we have wouldn't be the same, etc. In the absence of an alternative, you go with whatever is available. Without MLK I think the people would have ALL sided with Stokley Carmichael and Malcolm X and others like them. Not that they were wrong. They were right. But it's just that MLK had a thought process of doing what he felt like would WORK for getting the results he was after in the long run. Without MLK, I think the vast majority of blacks in this country would have become violent against the gov't and law enforcement in a way that could only result in that uprising being put down in a major way. A way that we prolly wouldn't have recovered from. This ? is getting long, so I won't go into too much more detail, but I think you get what I mean. I hope.

Basically MLKjr and Malcolm X were needed so that White people would give us our civil rights
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options

@the bolded thats basically what T/S is about .... trying to use brawn instead of your mind against a whole country when your already in the hole .... Smh
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    now I can respect the bolded ..... he wasn't here to finish what he kicked off and it left ? stunned .... u cant sit and say mlk doomed black america when he started the begining of what was gonna be a beautiful oultlook .... u act like the ? was gon retire after civil rights and equality pulled through .. nah he was gon continue to push his people to strive for more ....

There was no leadership, hoss.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, none of those other guys had the presence, intelligence, or luck of MLK(right place right time).
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There was no leadership, hoss.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, none of those other guys had the presence, intelligence, or luck of MLK(right place right time).

what are u talking about fam .... I never said it was genuine leadership after him ......
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if it wasnt for MLK it would've happened one day.. he was just the one who wasnt scared to stand up and say something
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok you pretty much.. killed yourself with the house ? categorization..

Theres different ways to attack he chose one.. others chose another.. could he have been more.. ? YOU.. yes but that wasnt him and ? he had a great hand in getting LBJ to pass LEGISLATION cant get any more tangible than that.. granted not everyone snapped to attention with the legistlation and that everything was ice cream and cake.. But the "HOUSE ? " helped to pass the LEGISLATION

the thang is he begged though ? . thats like saying oh fredrick dougless got lincoln to free the slaves.

well i think the world would of seen our uprising and would of stood beside us though. they would of seen the plight of our people. ? slaves died for freedom. so why couldnt we did for freedom. was them ? better then slaves? no. and yes i get what youre saying my ?
    sboogie wrote: »
    lol...
    this is an absurd argument...
    like the end of segregation dried up the black utopia...
    this thread shows a true lack of knowledge and perspective...
    but you smart ? continue to disrespect MLK and do nothing for anyone...

how is it absurb? what is the black utopia? blacks are divided like none other. i see everyday in life and i know you do if youre black. unless you one of "those" blacks. sort of like school daze. the jiggaboos and the high yellow ? . either discuss your problems like an adult or gtfoh
    where are u getting with the logic that MLK's outlook is what made ? ignorant and against their own kind ..... him truely wanting blacks to be looked at with some sort of respect is what turned blacks against each other .. whether he took the good guy route or not it was all for RESPECT my ? ..

are u basically saying MLK was a overrated house ? ? keep it real family .

he made ? complacent ? . dont you see. once the civil rights act was signed it was like ? said all this inequallity is going to change. just like ? thought barak the african was going to change the american negros life here in america.
    I'm sorry dude but you come off as MAD. Your argument lacks any real substance. I'm not sure if you are trying to talk about integration or complaining about blk ppl who complain about "the man" and how "those ? " became complacent. On all that's holy, spell check your ? before you start trying to make an intelligent counter point on the importance of MLK.

yeah im mad that he was a detrimental factor to black not just here in america but all over the world. and what does spelling have to do with intelligence ? ? you just showed your ignorance. its like you saying oh you cant be educated because you only have a high school diploma or an eighth grade education. either youre going to have an intelligent discussion or jut k.i.m
  • ineedpussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shawnbrown wrote: »
    if it wasnt for MLK it would've happened one day.. he was just the one who wasnt scared to stand up and say something

no he was a hand picked ? . we needed people who would say we need economical freedom first then intergration in business only.
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this is no better than a Kinky Curls thread...
    we can't discuss this like adults because you don't know what the ? you're talking about off the top...

Pretty much.. Im done..

This still ? should jsut stick to EBRC and all that other stupid ? .. dude is lost.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options

he made ? complacent ? . dont you see. once the civil rights act was signed it was like ? said all this inequallity is going to change. just like ? thought barak the african was going to change the american negros life here in america.

if people got complacent it was their fault not his ..... he didnt hand these people welfare checks he handed them something that was needed for survival which is a "voice" .....
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it goes like this. at the end of the day intergration ? black people up. no matter how you shake it. before intergration blacks depended on each other so we did for self. but after we became complacent and became consumers of all and producers of none. it just irks me when ? get made at the school systems or made cause a white person discriminated on them for a job, house, or some other ? . people get made at black selling jobs in the community but a ? like me dont because im like what jobs do you have to offer your own people. to me ? are the stupiest people on earth. and mlk helped me and the world realize that.

You're blaming MLK for black people being lazy is what I'm reading. It's kinda ? for you to blame one man that was killed in the 60's because you and everyone you've grown to know are lazy idiots. Though I am more into the Malcolm X approach I still don't think you can blame MLK because people like yourself or people you know are too stupid to want anything beyond hand fed ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

well i think the world would of seen our uprising and would of stood beside us though. they would of seen the plight of our people. ? slaves died for freedom. so why couldnt we did for freedom. was them ? better then slaves? no. and yes i get what youre saying my ?

Negative. 100% false. The world wouldn't have stuck their nose into that ? . Maybe now - when we are viewed as Bog Brother - sticking OUR nose where it doesn't below - someone would be anxious to step in and discipline the US for that type of ? . But not in the 50's or 60's. So no one gives a ? about people being brutalized by the government of another nation, no matter how blatant or sinister. Apartheid proved that. The ? still going on Sierra Leone proves that. Genocide is Kosovo. Gaddafhi is proving it right now!

Had MLK not taken the reins and followed the blueprint that Ghandi laid out, we all wouldn't be here and this whole country would be in pieces.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=drtycity;2294885

but thats whats wrong with ? . they didnt want to take initiative. if king would of said yall need to get economical freedom first then i would love that ? . but he was off that turn the other cheek ? . aka christianity that was also detrimental to our health. i guess you only read the words. not between or behind. typical ? ? .[/QUOTE]

mlk's position has been mitigated into nothing more than a desire to live next to white people.

But, right before his death, and within his most famous speech, his denounced economic inequalities. ? , even beyond race. One of the few mainstream voices that attacked classism. He called the government out for theatrical "assistance" while simulataneously being one of the main culprits of domestic and international exploitation & injustice, then throwing band-aids on wounds it created to look like good guys. He was really getting deep right when he got killed.(and all this is left out of his story)

(lets not forget that christians were his main support group and SINGLEHANDEDLY ended rectified the bus system in alabama. Christians did that...)

He was a media darling, but some of the ? he was saying wasnt acceptable within the mainstream...plenty say thats why he got killed

Its sad he got taken out. He was in a transitional period at that time...who know how he would have utilized his voice and influence. He was having meetings w/ the NOI at the time of his death.who knows what would have resulted of that....who knows man , who knows.

Now with that being said, theres no denying the negative effects integration and the mindstate that the "victory" of that useless civil rights bill and the road to it produced......no denying that at all

Our awareness and self reliance was exchanged for a limp dicked piece of legislation. Now, that cant rest soley on MLK. HE GOT KILLED lol....but, still a nice discussion topic nonetheless
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    also for you ? that think Malcolm and Martin were opposites need to seek out what Malcolm was spitting towards the end of his life...

he ditched the NOI , became a Sunni, went to mecca, and chilled at the colourless world party known as Hajj. Then (or maybe before ) formed Muslim Inc and was open to work with anyone that wasnt on that ?

Smfh....taken out at a pivotal part of his journey smfh
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The leaders are the coaches.. its up to the players to make the shots.. They set the direction draw the plan out.. but ultimately the coaches arent on the field
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are an idiot.
    so basically what u are saying is before mlk blacks had the world in their hands with jobs capital resources and security ?

if mlk wouldn't of stepped in u probably wouldn't be here to kick ya ? my ? .. them whites were setting ? on fire literally .
    That's kinda of a silly argument in my opinion. Maybe 'Separate But Equal' would have worked if one group did not have itself seated in positions of power over the other (politics, law enforcement, etc) or if both groups started out on equal footing. But since that's not the case, I can't agree with that. If you think black people in America would have been better off without MLK Jr. (And I'm not saying that is what you're getting at), then that's just crazy.

But I'm all for discussing ? like this. Seem like ? can't talk about anything real on the IC without acting like clowns. So salute.
    .. I still stand by what i said ..

Dont turn this into a malcom vs martin thread.. they both were necessary.. they both were looked at the same by Negros who didnt want to make "Trouble" and also as "Militants" by cracka ass crackas..

I mean they were only two of the many, among the unsung nameless faces of the civil rights struggle.. names you never heard of and wont.
    this is no better than a Kinky Curls thread...
    we can't discuss this like adults because you don't know what the ? you're talking about off the top...
    mlk's position has been mitigated into nothing more than a desire to live next to white people.

But, right before his death, and within his most famous speech, his denounced economic inequalities. ? , even beyond race. One of the few mainstream voices that attacked classism
    I dont wanna jump into the fray (I know. Unlike me. But the Lakers are playing (Halftime though) ).

So I'll just say I either found the quoted posts hilarious or I agreed with them.

And ? ...I can understand what you're saying but as Boogie said. Now-a-days MLK's messages has been controlled by WHITES. There's a reason they only talk about him wanting equality. THere's a reason u hear about him and not Malcolm X, him and not Nat Turner, He and ROsa Parks but not Bobby Seal and Angela Davis.

Crackers control the message and only want you to pay attention to the "non-violent" pacifists. Even though all involved were essential to getting LEGISLATION for equality (not to be confused with TRUE equality.)
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

I'd take you seriously if you have done better than MLK.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    im not even taking the time to type out the ether that will shatter this ridiculous mans stupid ramblings. you simply have no knowledge of self, history, or society. this is wayyyyy too easy. this is not even a discussion SMH
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    meanwhile in ill pix
    ? i would slap jesus and ? for a white women. and i would disown all black people even myself for a snow bunny

yeah we'll listen to you. i dont know why in chrst we would listen to MLK tho SMMFH