why do blacks still ? with MLK jr.?

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    meanwhile in ill pix

yeah we'll listen to you. i dont know why in chrst we would listen to MLK tho SMMFH

Exactly thats why i immediately dismissed step and fetch it
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited March 2011
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    the thang is he begged though ? . thats like saying oh fredrick dougless got lincoln to free the slaves.

well i think the world would of seen our uprising and would of stood beside us though. they would of seen the plight of our people. ? slaves died for freedom. so why couldnt we did for freedom. was them ? better then slaves? no. and yes i get what youre saying my ?

how is it absurb? what is the black utopia? blacks are divided like none other. i see everyday in life and i know you do if youre black. unless you one of "those" blacks. sort of like school daze. the jiggaboos and the high yellow ? . either discuss your problems like an adult or gtfoh

he made ? complacent ? . dont you see. once the civil rights act was signed it was like ? said all this inequallity is going to change. just like ? thought barak the african was going to change the american negros life here in america.

yeah im mad that he was a detrimental factor to black not just here in america but all over the world. and what does spelling have to do with intelligence ? ? you just showed your ignorance. its like you saying oh you cant be educated because you only have a high school diploma or an eighth grade education. either youre going to have an intelligent discussion or jut k.i.m

1. It shouldn't take X number of times to try to decipher your post to see where are coming from. That is like trying to listen to a Wacka Flacka song. Stop typing in slave if you want to be taken seriously. Formulating a well written valid argument is important even if this is a message board. Practice like you intend to play.
    2. MLK never stood for complacency. So there is no reason that he would have condone/inspired/cause complacency among the black community. To blame one man for the fall of a race is kind of ludicrous don't you think? ? I don't even give MLK all the credit in the Civil Rights movement. Revolution is all predicated on series of small events with one monumental one to push it over the edge. Like any revolution, there needed to be a face. So if you're going to blame MLK then you need to blame your Grandprarents, Great grandparents, white ppl who marched along side of them and were activists, the justice system and legislation branches who pushed civil rights into law.
    3. You remind me of that hood ? that thinks he has the world figured out and wants to kick knowledge to you. But at the end of the session this ? doesn't have his life inorder and asks you for $10.
    4. Now if you want to make a thread about 'lazy ? ' and how they are bring down the black community THEN cool because we all know there are ppl out there wasting their talent, but I'm pretty sure that MLK wasn't one of them.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I truly believe MLK and Malcolm X, amongst many others, were all necessary for Civil Rights to be fully achieved. Integration has done lots of harm to Blacks, but it's also helped too. I believe integration hurt Blacks by making too many reliant on Whites for services, but it also helped Blacks achieve more civil freedoms, such as being able to go anywhere in the country and getting something to eat. Voting rights were also achieved, along with housing and loan rights. MLK Jr overall was a good man, I can't fault him for much really. MLK Jr wouldv'e pushed Blacks to become more economically independent if he were still alive, and I believe so because Coretta Scott King said so herself.

I think I wouldv'e been more on Malcolm X's side if I was around in the 1960s, I could never turn the other cheek. But MLK had moral authority on his side, something White people didn't have and never will never have. MLK knew this, and that's why he was so successful in the long run.

If people on Stormfront.org could hate MLK Jr till this day, he can't be that bad a man. He gets my respect.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Another reason MLK should be celebrated overall is because he spoke up against the USA spending tons of money into wars and killing people worldwide for resources while the USA neglected its poor and middle class.

If it wasn't for MLK, the War On Poverty would not have begun under Lyndon B Johnson. Yes, there is still poverty, but it's much less than it was in the 1960s and 50s. MLK has to get credit for that. We can't blame MLK for the lack of entrepreneurship in the Black community in many areas. Some Black areas only have drug dealers, hip-hop shows, and basketball tournaments for employment. That's not completely MLK's fault, although integration can be blamed partially.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Meh....he turned his cheek and the peckerwood murdered him.

You wouldn't be able to kiss that ? ? in the mouth with the herpes if it wasn't for MLK you ungrateful ? .

be thankful you can ? on the same toilets as the ? in public restrooms....and you get to work for him too.

MLK took them bricks upside his head so you could hold hands with little white girls and have mulatto babies you heathens.

He was a swell chap.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Meh....he turned his cheek and the peckerwood murdered him.

You wouldn't be able to kiss that ? ? in the mouth with the herpes if it wasn't for MLK you ungrateful ? .

be thankful you can ? on the same toilets as the ? in public restrooms....and you get to work for him too.

MLK took them bricks upside his head so you could hold hands with little white girls and have mulatto babies you heathens.

He was a swell chap.

LOL....again, white people don't have any moral authority and never will have any. MLK used that to his advantage, even though it killed him.

Just curious H, what do you think Black folks shouldv'e done in the 60s? Would you have gunned down all them crackas in their city hall? What would you have done? Keeping in mind Blacks only made up like 10% of the population back than.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I truly believe MLK and Malcolm X, amongst many others, were all necessary for Civil Rights to be fully achieved. Integration has done lots of harm to Blacks, but it's also helped too. I believe integration hurt Blacks by making too many reliant on Whites for services, but it also helped Blacks achieve more civil freedoms, such as being able to go anywhere in the country and getting something to eat. Voting rights were also achieved, along with housing and loan rights. MLK Jr overall was a good man, I can't fault him for much really. MLK Jr wouldv'e pushed Blacks to become more economically independent if he were still alive, and I believe so because Coretta Scott King said so herself.

I think I wouldv'e been more on Malcolm X's side if I was around in the 1960s, I could never turn the other cheek. But MLK had moral authority on his side, something White people didn't have and never will never have. MLK knew this, and that's why he was so successful in the long run.

If people on Stormfront.org could hate MLK Jr till this day, he can't be that bad a man. He gets my respect.
    Another reason MLK should be celebrated overall is because he spoke up against the USA spending tons of money into wars and killing people worldwide for resources while the USA neglected its poor and middle class.

If it wasn't for MLK, the War On Poverty would not have begun under Lyndon B Johnson. Yes, there is still poverty, but it's much less than it was in the 1960s and 50s. MLK has to get credit for that. We can't blame MLK for the lack of entrepreneurship in the Black community in many areas. Some Black areas only have drug dealers, hip-hop shows, and basketball tournaments for employment. That's not completely MLK's fault, although integration can be blamed partially.

My man! you framed it perfectly and I agree wholeheartedly with these words
  • WSGP
    WSGP Members Posts: 94
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I ? with MLK Jr because its easier for a black man to be angry and pick up a gun then it is for a black man to channel that same anger and do something positive. Had to respect that. Its not like he tucked his tail and hid,he took what they had to give him and kept speaking, kept marching. If that aint G than someone please tell me what is.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My pops was around that time and told me the movement died when drugs and greed jump into the movement. Divide and conquer was the method. MLK told us to keep pushing but his generation fail to keep up the standard instead we let the FBI manipulate us cointelpro. Then having puppet leaders like Jesse.Jackson who was more in it for the fame then the cause tell us to keep hope alive. Why drugs was flooding our neighborhoods and hooking and turning potential leaders into addicts or drug dealers or hustlers.

Martin and Malcom had us going in the right direction. Violence would of set us back because that was what the goverment expected it and was ready to take us out.The fear was black unity and a common cause which was almost achieved. Another reason the movement died is because Nixon tried to whitewash the 60's movement with a conservative and rightwing agenda.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    I know one thing. Alotta black kids have low self esteem becuz they think their history starts with slavery. And they read about these white people and their accomplishments all ? day in school.

625893.jpg

^^^ This should be required reading for ALL high school kids. You can't read Diops and continue to aspire to make the next "dougie" or trap anthem.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    625893.jpg

^^^ This should be required reading for ALL high school kids. You can't read Diops and continue to aspire to make the next "dougie" or trap anthem.

C/S wonderful read.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For it's own sake, to teach people not to take their own interests into consideration and defend themselves is wrong but I think pacifism can be justified on consequentialist grounds (ie. morally 'shaming' your enemy, not making a bad situation worse, ). I still have mixed feelings as to whether or not it was justified in the civil rights movement and also whether or not private stores and businesses should be forced to serve people they don't want to.

625893.jpg

As much respect as I have for Diop, this is pseudo history. The ancient Egyptians (minus those of Nubian/Sudanese origin) were not Black. Modern day Egyptians descend primarily from indigenous Egyptians who adopted the Arab culture and ethnic identity and they are generally not Black, they look no differently than any other Middle Eastern people do. The climate of North Africa is similar to the climate of West Asia (or maybe West Asians descend from North African migrants) and that might explain why they look alike but the idea that Arab conquerors assimilated the native North African population is a myth.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    For it's own sake, to teach people not to take their own interests into consideration and defend themselves is wrong but I think pacifism can be justified on consequentialist grounds (ie. morally 'shaming' your enemy, not making a bad situation worse, ). I still have mixed feelings as to whether or not it was justified in the civil rights movement and also whether or not private stores and businesses should be forced to serve people they don't want to.

As much respect as I have for Diop, this is pseudo history. The ancient Egyptians (minus those of Nubian/Sudanese origin) were not Black. Modern day Egyptians descend primarily from indigenous Egyptians who adopted the Arab culture and ethnic identity and they are generally not Black, they look no differently than any other Middle Eastern people do. The climate of North Africa is similar to the climate of West Asia (or maybe West Asians descend from North African migrants) and that might explain why they look alike but the idea that Arab conquerors assimilated the native North African population is a myth.

? , Diop already proved this at Unesco, Ancient Egyptians were an indigenous Afrikan civilization therefore it shall come as no surprise to you that they were black, for Gods sake is common sense and i don't know why in 2011 we still are arguing about things like this. Also its unwise to try and separate, the Nubians and Ancient Egyptians as if they weren't essentially the same people, even the peoples of Ancient Kmt attested to their civilization starting in the south, i've been to Egypt and seen with my own eyes the drawings of people who look no different to you. and beleive me as i had the middle eastern tour guide near me, even he could see that the people he saw in the drawings of those ancient temples look nothing like he did.
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    ? , Diop already proved this at Unesco, Ancient Egyptians were an indigenous Afrikan civilization therefore it shall come as no surprise to you that they were black, for Gods sake is common sense and i don't know why in 2011 we still are arguing about things like this. Also its unwise to try and separate, the Nubians and Ancient Egyptians as if they weren't essentially the same people, even the peoples of Ancient Kmt attested to their civilization starting in the south, i've been to Egypt and seen with my own eyes the drawings of people who look no different to you. and beleive me as i had the middle eastern tour guide near me, even he could see that the people he saw in the drawings of those ancient temples look nothing like he did.

I came to post this myself.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i feel what alot of yall are saying but yall still talking ? . ask yourself this question. where did all the black businesses go to? what happened to unity in our community? what happened to the best and brightest of our neigborhoods? its called integration. it did make ? lazy. before then ? worked hard being lazy was something to frown upon. and yes i blame my grandparents and all that participated in the movement cause it served no purpose. so since im so ignorant and dont know nothing about self or history then tell me what would blacks do if whites brought back jim crow or said private stored/owners could allow/serve whoever they wanted? and dont give me ? about if's being fifths or spliffs cause this ? can really happen.
  • houseofjudah86
    houseofjudah86 Members Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MLK was a puppet will all these other so-called black leaders i.e. jesse jackson, al sharpton, etc etc etc...........A way for the government to shut black people up by throwing us a bone. Sadly our people are easily mislead.

Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    is there no room for unity/equality of the races in your humble opinion?

Can you give me a historical example were the europeon has treated other cultures with unity/equality??

When the Afrikan was isolated from the europeon he was at his best and brightest, when the Afrikan integrated with the europeon things fell apart.

Black folks need to learn how to be themselves and accept their own and quit trying so hard to appease and assimilate.

Our own schools, our own stores, our own culture...every other race understands that concept but we are so backwards until we can fathom doing for self and being ourselves.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can you give me a historical example were the europeon has treated other cultures with unity/equality??

When the Afrikan was isolated from the europeon he was at his best and brightest, when the Afrikan integrated with the europeon things fell apart.

Black folks need to learn how to be themselves and accept their own and quit trying so hard to appease and assimilate.

Our own schools, our own stores, our own culture...every other race understands that concept but we are so backwards until we can fathom doing for self and being ourselves.

you probably see more of that in European countries than anywhere in the US
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2011
    Options

I noticed you left out the interactions between Africa, The Middle East, India, and China/Mongolia, was that on purpose? For the most part, there was much in the way of peaceful trade and sharing of knowledge between these cultures.

As far as having our "own", unless the UN gets together and gives the Black American our own homeland like they did the Jews, then we will always be a part of American society. (Incidentally, did you know that the Jewish homeland of Israel was initially to be located in Uganda???) It's not about assimilation, it's about existing in the society you were born into. The last thing Black Americans need is to be herded onto reservations like the Native American 'cause we see how that worked out.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well MLK did fight for the right for us to attend schools, which would have helped thread starter's English Comp skills. He deserves our respect because ultimately, his work did make life better for us, albeit not complete.

Yeah, integration wasn't the best for us, but there is a silver lining in every cloud. Think of what we gained by having access to these institutions and companies. We became uniquely qualified for self rule and governance. No group of Black people on the Earth are more entrenched in every field of meaningful human endeavor than us in the most powerful and influential nation in the annals of history.

During reconstruction, blacks built over 60 independent towns. The 1877 compromise that gave state's individual rights and removed federal jurisdiction basically gave them carte blanche to destroy the towns and most progress we had made. But in hindsight we probably gained more know how as a result of integration.

Now we got to start taking advantage of that and start thinking independence because America's day is dawning.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    he ditched the NOI , became a Sunni, went to mecca, and chilled at the colourless world party known as Hajj. Then (or maybe before ) formed Muslim Inc and was open to work with anyone that wasnt on that ?

Smfh....taken out at a pivotal part of his journey smfh

Actually, no. That is the autobiographical version advanced by Alex Haley, who admitted to removing chapters, particularly the one where Malcolm was communicating with Elijah to get back into the NOI. Bob Law has actual letters he wrote during that time period. Malcolm came to realize that the Sunnis were on the same ? when they left hajj. They treated African Muslims as ? boys and flunkies back home.

Interesting side note, Malcolm did not let whites join Muslim Mosque Inc. He said they could support but not join.

SMH at reading a post death autobiography and thinking that the white people who published wouldn't edit it to fit their agenda. Like the did Jesus, PAC, and MLK.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Interesting side note, Malcolm did not let whites join Muslim Mosque Inc. He said they could support but not join.

SMH at reading a post death autobiography and thinking that the white people who published wouldn't edit it to fit their agenda. Like the did Jesus, PAC, and MLK.
    interesting side note: that interesting side note is in the post-death autobiography

and how the ? does 2Pac get ranked with Malcolm and MLK? come on

ps. insert shock "wouldn't have been a post-death auto-bio if the NOI hadn't killed him" post here
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I noticed you left out the interactions between Africa, The Middle East, India, and China/Mongolia, was that on purpose? For the most part, there was much in the way of peaceful trade and sharing of knowledge between these cultures.

As far as having our "own", unless the UN gets together and gives the Black American our own homeland like they did the Jews, then we will always be a part of American society. (Incidentally, did you know that the Jewish homeland of Israel was initially to be located in Uganda???) It's not about assimilation, it's about existing in the society you were born into. The last thing Black Americans need is to be herded onto reservations like the Native American 'cause we see how that worked out.

I was speaking about my Brothers with my brother..I felt no need to include specifics and particulars..we overstand eachother without the extras.

It might be a foreign concept to you but when I say our "own" Im not talking about some grandiose World surplus Im simply talking about controlling the economics in our own communities like other races. If you want to elaborate on trades between Mongolians and Eskimos go head and type the titan-graph.

You may have nightmares about being "herded onto reservations like the Native Americans" but thats corny considering that we alreaady live in housing-projects, and wards anyway.

We need control of our communities, our schools, our stores, and our culture...every other race understands that concept but we are so backwards that we cant fathom doing for self and being ourselves....
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    interesting side note: that interesting side note is in the post-death autobiography

and how the ? does 2Pac get ranked with Malcolm and MLK? come on

ps. insert shock "wouldn't have been a post-death auto-bio if the NOI hadn't killed him" post here

Speak what you know unless Manning Marable says its O.K. for you to add your two cents.

You sound like that sucka Gene Roberts.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was speaking about my Brothers with my brother..I felt no need to include specifics and particulars..we overstand eachother without the extras.

It might be a foreign concept to you but when I say our "own" Im not talking about some grandiose World surplus Im simply talking about controlling the economics in our own communities like other races. If you want to elaborate on trades between Mongolians and Eskimos go head and type the titan-graph.

You may have nightmares about being "herded onto reservations like the Native Americans" but thats corny considering that we alreaady live in housing-projects, and wards anyway.

We need control of our communities, our schools, our stores, and our culture...every other race understands that concept but we are so backwards that we cant fathom doing for self and being ourselves....

I came to that revelation when I was 18 and I don't know how many times I've stressed that exact jewel to many people. The word "race" is much broader than nationality/skin color.