Nas vs 2 Pac

Options
hubbell313
hubbell313 Banned Users Posts: 59
edited March 2011 in The Face Off Forum
people often get mad when i say "LYRICALLY NAS IS A BETTER RAPPER THAN 2 PAC" in my opinion Nas can rap circles around Pac and even Biggie Nas is number 1 on my list of best Emcees i mean come on who makes a song about being a gun, a roach, being born and raps a story backwards and it comes out cold as hell. So who do you think is the better rapper Nas or Pac? I just feel Pac had more social influence

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nas is better then Pac because Nas is better then every rapper .
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    we did this thread already.........close this ?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Overall, Pac is a better rapper than Nas. Nas is more creative conceptually and lyrically. Pac was more versatile. Pac also had the better delivery. Nas had the edge flow wise too. Lyrically, Nas is far more complex in terms of vocabulary, metaphors, and technique. Pac was more simplistic in his approach, but to the point. They both had the ability to paint pictures lyrically through imagery. Both have lyrics that convey deep emotions. Both are also great songwriters. It's close, but Pac gets the edge.
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    (Post Removed)
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Overall, Pac is a better rapper than Nas. Nas is more creative conceptually and lyrically. Pac was more versatile. Pac also had the better delivery. Nas had the edge flow wise too. Lyrically, Nas is far more complex in terms of vocabulary, metaphors, and technique. Pac was more simplistic in his approach, but to the point. They both had the ability to paint pictures lyrically through imagery. Both have lyrics that convey deep emotions. Both are also great songwriters. It's close, but Pac gets the edge.

its not close at all, b
    you just a stan
    it's sad too cuz you can admit that pac was simple and basic as ?
    but you still give it to pac even tho u know that nas ? on him in every statistical category except delivery (which is wrong)
  • hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not close at all, b
    you just a stan
    but you still give it to pac even tho u know that nas ? on him in every statistical category except delivery (which is wrong)

dog exactly dude clowning he basically said nas was better i dont get it
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not close at all, b
    you just a stan

Nas had creativity and flow in his favor.

Pac had delivery and versatility in his favor.

Songwriting, imagery and emotion were categories where props were given to both emcees.

Nas is more complex where Pac is simple, but I didn't say where one was better than the other.

Last, it all depends on which you favor most over the other which is why I said it was close, but ended up saying Pac was better.
  • hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pac aint fuking with Nas
  • WSGP
    WSGP Members Posts: 94
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can fit a best of Nas on one disc, i need two or three for Pac. Nas way more lyrical, Pac way better records. For yall sayin Pac was simple yall dont understand the basics. It aint always what you say its how you say it. I'd put Nas in my top 5 but no way ahead of Pac.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? is close.............

Nas and Pac are the soldiers of the same struggle.

Nas is the best storyteller,most creative and diverse of the two but Pac trumps him in delivery,versatility
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like it\s been said, Nas takes it lyrically and conecptually, Pac had delivery, which was very deep and emotional.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WSGP wrote: »
    I can fit a best of Nas on one disc, i need two or three for Pac. Nas way more lyrical, Pac way better records. For yall sayin Pac was simple yall dont understand the basics. It aint always what you say its how you say it. I'd put Nas in my top 5 but no way ahead of Pac.

Really???

From ILLmatic to Distant Relatives??? I need like 5 discs to fit Nas best songs....

Nas may not have any song that can touch Dear Mama,Keep ya Head up but they equal when it comes to emcees with the most classic songs.

I can also say Pac cant craft songs like One Mic,Rewind,I Gave you power.....
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like it\s been said, Nas takes it lyrically and conecptually, Pac had delivery, which was very deep and emotional.

• hubbell313
    edited March 2011
    Options
    WSGP wrote: »

you cant fit a best of nas on one disc? are you crazy Illmatic, It Was Written, Stillmatic, Last Tapes, ? Son, Untitled all great and classic albums
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pac is obviously the better rapper.
    Nas is the better MC/artist
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ANd ? must get wet when they hear rappers spit.
    Talking bout the delivery and voice
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pac is good, even great, but Nas is the GOAT.
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    pac had the better mic presence and you could understand the pain he was describing. nas has an issue with that despite being the greatest lyricist. I prefer Pac.
  • Mumo X
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nineties wrote: »
    pac had the better mic presence and you could understand the pain he was describing. nas has an issue with that despite being the greatest lyricist. I prefer Pac.

Cosign even tho id say that when Pac wuz alive they wuz bout even tho Pac sold more records and had the most powerful songs. But in terms of classic albums they both had 2 in 96.