Having an Attractive Best Friend.....That You're Not Attracted To?

Options

Comments

• Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    i have some attractive female friends, but i dont want them like that

this......................
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    more or less can you as a man be around a woman you think is pretty and not be consumed with an overwhelming urge to ? her or to not be around her if you can't ? her

Preciate that explanation. I might have too much dog in my blood not to want to ? her. But if it didn't happen I could still be friends. I think I understand your stance on the situation.
  • goat334
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Trying to understand why someone would have a Best Friend they find attractive, but only wanna stay on the friend level

Oh Ok I see now.....
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    Because I think of him as one of my brothers.

Are you an only child?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you smashed..........all that "we are friends" ? is null and void cause you already sampled the ?

that is different than meeting some female, befriending her, and ya'll act like good buddies hanging out on a regular basis................but you never run them cheeks once

it's easy not to want to smash a female friend when you already worn them shoes so to speak

and as far as childhood friends, they are in a different category IMO............and even still as you get older ? will change eventually between ya'll

I'm actually speaking on the context of you today befriending a stranger of the opposite sex that is attractive, and for some reason you content chopping it up with them without at least the opportunity being there for it possibly to turn into something (whether it's a potentially serious relationship or just a jumpoff)
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wow...he's never acted like that. but he did tell me my first bf was ? .
    Did he say that to your first boyfriend's face? If not, your best friend is probably the ? .
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you an only child?

nope...I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you smashed..........all that "we are friends" ? is null and void cause you already sampled the ?

that is different than meeting some female, befriending her, and ya'll act like good buddies hanging out on a regular basis................but you never run them cheeks once

it's easy not to want to smash a female friend when you already worn them shoes so to speak

and as far as childhood friends, they are in a different category IMO............and even still as you get older ? will change eventually between ya'll

I'm actually speaking on the context of you today befriending a stranger of the opposite sex that is attractive, and for some reason you content chopping it up with them without at least the opportunity being there for it possibly to turn into something (whether it's a potentially serious relationship or just a jumpoff)

yeah it changes but only to respect the boundaries that were already established to make sure nobodies relationship ever gets disrespected...and to the last thing you said...it's still possible to meet someone of the opposite sex and have no romantic interest in them but yeah if you already have an s/o you shouldn't be out "looking" for new people to meet...that's just asking for trouble...but there's a million reasons you can meet someone and it not be sexual...especially when you're older...like for business reasons...say you're a Real Estate agent? You only gonna show property to men? You only going to have male co-workers you talk to? To do what you're saying you pretty much have to isolate yourself from the opposite sex
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah it changes but only to respect the boundaries that were already established to make sure nobodies relationship ever gets disrespected...and to the last thing you said...it's still possible to meet someone of the opposite sex and have no romantic interest in them but yeah if you already have an s/o you shouldn't be out "looking" for new people to meet...that's just asking for trouble...but there's a million reasons you can meet someone and it not be sexual...especially when you're older...like for business reasons...say you're a Real Estate agent? You only gonna show property to men? You only going to have male co-workers you talk to? To do what you're saying you pretty much have to isolate yourself from the opposite sex

bruh all that in the bolded is irrelevant because we are talking about friends of the opposite sex

business is one thing, a real friendship is another
  • Dainty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did he say that to your first boyfriend's face? If not, your best friend is probably the ? .

Yea...my ex-bf was standing right in front of us and my friend said "are you sure he's not ? ".
  • goat334
    edited March 2011
    Options

Great breakdown......Well I do have some that I'm attracted to that I haven't had sex with, but I wouldn't turn the ? down. I guess I look at sex as, well "only sex"
  • goat334
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea...my ex-bf was standing right in front of us and my friend said "are you sure he's not ? ".

Ah Damn!!! Lmao!!!! If I was your friend, I've tried yo ass by now. Hey but we still would end up friends, at least on my part.
  • Dainty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Ah Damn!!! Lmao!!!! If I was your friend, I've tried yo ass by now. Hey but we still would end up friends, at least on my part.

he has tried...even when we were little kids....but he always gets the same reaction. he wants to smash me but I don't feel the same way.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited March 2011
    Options

And No Hands Were Thrown?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my best friend is good looking. female. and im not attracted to her in anyway...

BUT when i met her we dated and i ? her a few times. now we're just cool. WIN?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it's possible... when you're real friends..? like that doesn't matter..

i mean it's hard enough to have a real true friend.. real friends are a rarity....when you find one, both people should know bettter than to let a ? mess it up...
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited March 2011
    Options
    my best friend is good looking. female. and im not attracted to her in anyway...

LOL ? thats an Ex that ? dont count
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you do realize that with attraction being subjective to each and every individual that's a pretty bad statement to make ?

No its not. Attraction being subjective is totally irrelevant broham. It doesnt matter how hot the chick/dude is or how unattractive. The point is people use the "oh i just like their personality" excuse, when in reality the fact that you even choose to hang around this person says there is some level of attraction somewhere.

Why people dont have friends they think of as ugly then?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL ? thats an Ex that ? dont count

lol nah i mean we went on a couple dates...we weren't together like that. i had a girl at that time lol :(
  • goat334
    edited March 2011
    Options
    he has tried...even when we were little kids....but he always gets the same reaction. he wants to smash me but I don't feel the same way.

Well at least he tried. Did you lose any respect for him or has it put a strain on ya'lls friendship?
  • Dainty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And No Hands Were Thrown?

lol no my ex was scared of him.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

LOL. That aint just a friend, thats old ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gibbsboy wrote: »
    i have some attractive female friends...some ive tried to get at too...but it didnt work out for whatever reason but we remained friends. What ive learned by still being their friend is that they were trying to protect me from them lol. They thought i was a good guy...too good to be caught up in their own drama...which they revealed to me in time. The good thing is that i have banged them all eventually lol..and without the drama!! AND they are really truly friends who would hold me down for whatever i need...so they stay life-long friends.

So i was attracted to them...physically and mentally...then i became unattracted to them...cuz i see their flaws..and it doesnt fit with my personality relationship-wise...but we became even better friends than we woulda been true lovers...

Yeah I feel ya bruh. Been there, done that too. Maybe that's why wifey made me cut loose all my female friends when we hooked up. lol
  • Dainty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Well at least he tried. Did you lose any respect for him or has it put a strain on ya'lls friendship?

nope.........
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

W/ most men whether they want to admit it or not....

Attractive female friend = ? on layaway.