Overseas Contracting/KBR

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    Matt, don't argue with the troll trying to derail the thread!!!!

are my questions about Iraq in general derailing the thread?
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol, gotdayum. What up Lu?

Aint ? my ? . Tryin get back into work state of mind. Vegas ? *d my sleep schedule all up.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CYBERBANG,BANG, BANG!!! That was just for you babe;-)

lol, you spoil me so...

*sucks thumb...*
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Aint ? my ? . Tryin get back into work state of mind. Vegas ? *d my sleep schedule all up.

Word, that's what's up. Vegas for business or pleasure? Where did you stay? I gotta get back there this year.
  • louis the great
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Touche............. If you're a tax payer Lu, you work everyday for the same forces mayne.... No diss, no way around it.

By no means am I ignorant to that aspect of it, I just wanted to know if with all these soldiers coming home and killing themselves does it affect them knowing this FIRST hand more than youre average Dumbed CNN watchin American public. Thats all.
  • louis the great
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Word, that's what's up. Vegas for business or pleasure? Where did you stay? I gotta get back there this year.

Took my girl out there for Vday. We stayed at the Wynn.
  • louis the great
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hell no, not at all!! Nothing productive can derail the thread, and I think you are asking legitimate quesions!!
    Ok, now I don't think the Iraqis were glad about the US being here initially. But after seeing the changes that we brought about I think they have grown more tolerant. Understandably, they didn't like the idea of their Country being invaded for no reason. (yes, I also know the WMD's was a ? ploy used by Bush to invade Iraq) They are a much more stable Country, and they are attempting to take over from the US and run things on their own again. There will always be a military prescense though, just on a much smaller scale.

LOL@ Did you know Iraq preinvasion had a higher infant mortality rate than the United States? Speaks volumes abt their Healthcare before being slaughtered by the Millions. Ok I'm done.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited February 2010
    Options
    By no means am I ignorant to that aspect of it, I just wanted to know if with all these soldiers coming home and killing themselves does it affect them knowing this FIRST hand more than youre average Dumbed CNN watchin American public. Thats all.

Bet .
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Took my girl out there for Vday. We stayed at the Wynn.

Good ? ! The Wynn, huh man?? I hear that's the place to stay.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    da ? you tryna stunt on the sly for?

...how's that stuntin? i aint tryin to fly cross the globe to make the same amount im making here. and 75k really ain't that much. after taxes and ? you're still middle class.
    Wow, if your making 75k you may not really want to come over here. But yes it's all tax free, with you being IT the starting salary is around 130k,.... but working in a combat zone isn't easy so if you are already working a high salary job in the States you might want to keep it.

130k tax free? I seen some jobs on pelatron.com that's looking for cisco voice engineers. in the us they make like 150-200k. what would they pay over there and ? ?

and how do i get clearance. no military exp and nothin on my record except a couple abortions payments and stds.
  • louis the great
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good ? ! The Wynn, huh man?? I hear that's the place to stay.
    Yo its worth the money trust me.
  • longmeat
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yo its worth the money trust me.

where'd you stay at the wynn? i was in the salon suite when i went there. view of the strip and the water show and ? . it was crazy. i wanna go back so bad, it was my 1st time in vegas and loved it, but really ain't get to do it as big as i wanted to. when my boy have his bachelor party i told him that's where ima take him.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *lays a blanket over you, and props a pillow under your head*:)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • longmeat
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've never heard of the company you mentioned but you don't have to have a clearance with all companie. It just depends, KBR has IT jobs and the company will get the clearence for you. lol @ the abortion payments and stds............

yo kimi, what kinda hoes they got over there? a lot of loosed broads just givin away the snatch or mostly chaste muslim women who ain't ? with no brooklyn ? ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • longmeat
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lmao!! If you are looking to chase women tihis is the wrong place!! Men out number women 40 to 1 here and a lot of these chicks use that to their advantage and are stuck up and rude as hell. Now there are female Soldeirs that are easy to ? , because they throw ? at male contractors becuse of the money they make..............So you could ? and army or airforce chick without a problem....

lol, i got fam that was in the military, so army ass is right up my alley :cool:

what company are you the HR manager for? And how long is the interview process? I remember when I worked for the local govt that ? took months.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    whats good for a young, fresh computer engineer like myself? I've never been in the military, but I have worked for the Coast Guard while in college and I'm working for a govt contractor right now as a Systems Engineer. And I have a clearance
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, having a clearance is a definite plus, with the job skills you have if you post your resume unto the sites I posted on the first page you will probably get called back pretty quickly.

thats the thing, i dont have much experience in the engineering field. i just started that. when i was working for the coast guard, i was doing finance stuff.
  • longmeat
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I work for KBR/Hallliburton The interview process to get overseas is fairly short. It usually consist of a 20 minute phone call where a HR Rep ask you questions. Then he will determine rather or not you get hired and after that you get the background check and report for in processing. My company's in processing consist of a week in Houston where you get classes and briefs about working overseas. Every company is different though.

Ahh, ok. Thanks. Did you get my PM. Does my resume look decent? I have about 6 years of high level IT experience with a lot of Fortune 500 companies. I'm trying to see If I can 200k for real lol. When I get home Im gonna go through all those sites and apply for jobs and pray for the best.
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    good looks I was in the AF and i want to work for the govt again I need to get a damn Security clearance again. ? is not easy to come by.

i just got one dont know what to do with it
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good looking out on the info Kimi. I'm currently in the GS system looking to go contract for a couple years to pay off my mortgage quickly and then jump back into the GS for retirement. All my questions were pretty much answered but for those vets looking to go GS here are a couple sites you can check out.

http://cpol.army.mil/ & http://www.usajobs.gov/

I went through the 1st site to get my job with the gov't.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was an English major. Am I assed out?