X-Men: First Class (2011)

Options

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aiight so I watched it yesterday..... really dope lots of back story. Not as much action as usual but its definetely the best xmen release, and the best superhero movie (marvel/dc) in a while

For real, b. It was so much better than I expected. I thought it was gonna be complete ? , but it was like...yeah. It was just a really good movie, with some super hero ? in it. Like, you loved the characters and not the powers. I feel like a movie like say the first couple X-Men joints tried to make you love the powers and then the characters.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For real, b. It was so much better than I expected. I thought it was gonna be complete ? , but it was like...yeah. It was just a really good movie, with some super hero ? in it. Like, you loved the characters and not the powers. I feel like a movie like say the first couple X-Men joints tried to make you love the powers and then the characters.

lol word I remember seeing the first trailer and thinking this gonna be wack as ? . Actually dope movie
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah good movie best of the X-men joints so far but not better than TDK or the 1st Ironman

I expect the next X-men movie to be better since this one took alot of time with setting up the characters and back story.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i will watch it on the internet
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just came back from seeing it and it was cool, i didn't wanna see it cause the previews looked wack but it was actually good.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Even though I have some issues with it the movie was the best X-men movie to date like I thought it would be.
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    better than both ironmans imo

not better than tdk
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It was good to finally see thr origins of erbody...

? up how the killed the only dam black person in the movie soooo dam quick, buddy had some nice powers too...
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited June 2011
    Options
    better than both ironmans imo

not better than tdk

This.......
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Good movie.. Both the actors for Professor X and Magneto did a good job (I usually enjoy James McAvoy's work), not better than TDK or Ironman 1, Ironman 2 wasn't that great to begin with so I say it's better than that one. I wasn't a big fan of Wolverine Origins so I'd say this was better.. And the other XMen were such a long time ago it might be on par or better with which ever one I thought was the best..
  • S.jR.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also Kevin Bacon played a really good villain, just seems like all the humans were wack for the most part.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Loved the wolverine cameo. Dont like the rewriting of history though......
  • S.jR.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Minor spoiler..

Smh, they better bring Darwin back... If not they misused a powerful mutant.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    average at best , x2>>>>>>

lol at wolverine having the best scene in the whole movie

smh at the black dude dying first

lol the movie ? on X2.X2 was only about Wolverine.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not On Par With DKR Or Watchemen....But I Would Still Give It A 4/5....A Very Strong First Half The Second Half Started Took A Little Nosedive...As Good As Iron Man 1 And Spiderman 2 Better Than All The Trilogy X-Men Film
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ok, why are y'all comparin the movie to other tdk, iron, and other comic moives?? stick wit the xmen movies. this movie was better than all 3 of the other xmen movie.
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    ok, why are y'all comparin the movie to other tdk, iron, and other comic moives?? stick wit the xmen movies. this movie was better than all 3 of the other xmen movie.

They mad cause I said its the best superhero movie in a while... which it is imo *shrug
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and smh and lol at black man dying first...

Dude was extra cocky bout his ? power though... "ooh I adapt to survive"
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Finally getting to see it on Thursday, and apart from some faults with the film that I can't be bothered delving into I was seriously impressed with it. It's far better than I thought it would be plus I loved the whole pacing and vibe of it. The fact that it seemed less like a comic book film and more of a thriller/drama makes me like it even more. Easily the best film in the X-Men series as far as I'm concerned and for me it's the one that the other blockbusters need to beat this summer.

Apparently he keeps dying and returning to life in the comics, converting to pure energy or something like that. The actor did hint he had the best power out of all of them so I'm guessing he'll turn up again in the sequel, or at least I'm hoping so anyway. They killed him off far too quickly, it's not even funny.

Darwin getting 'killed' and Angel saying "? you!" to her friends and turning to the dark side without even blinking. Black people stay losing in Hollywood.
  • Kame
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Finally getting to see it on Thursday, and apart from some faults with the film that I can't be bothered delving into I was seriously impressed with it. It's far better than I thought it would be plus I loved the whole pacing and vibe of it. The fact that it seemed less like a comic book film and more of a thriller/drama makes me like it even more. Easily the best film in the X-Men series as far as I'm concerned and for me it's the one that the other blockbusters need to beat this summer.

Apparently he keeps dying and returning to life in the comics, converting to pure energy or something like that. The actor did hint he had the best power out of all of them so I'm guessing he'll turn up again in the sequel, or at least I'm hoping so anyway. They killed him off far too quickly, it's not even funny.

Darwin getting 'killed' and Angel saying "? you!" to her friends and turning to the dark side without even blinking. Black people stay losing in Hollywood.

word smh at zoe kravitz as well... the two only two minorities getting ? within a minute of each other is not a good look
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Better than X1 AND 3 , on par with 2.... had a good story... though the cameo had me laughing ( and everyone else in the cinema )... Cant wait for 2nd one... also Magneto stole that film hands down.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited June 2011
    Options

Me and my bro were laughing @ that because even in this type of movie they find a way to ? off the black character.I guess they figured Lenny Kravitz and Lisa's daughter was enough.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can we just throw this out there that for whatever reason Fox decided to shill this as a origin story when it was really a re-imagining. I don't like that at all. It's like they got confused on how to market it.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Also Kevin Bacon played a really good villain, just seems like all the humans were wack for the most part.

Maaaan when I saw that ? I fell outta my chair. I was like "is that....Kevin Bacon?"
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i thought it was really good.

funny, i thought i was alone when I said X2 was the best xmen movie

i liked X2 better for the action sequences, but this movie had great action and a really good storyline

very enjoyable film