Teflon Don vs It Was Written

Options

Comments

• Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Forreal people who post on internet forums and use social networking sites don't live in the real world.

blogs are full of nerds
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed outside this message board and Internet blogs in the real world Nas Music gets very little play

Meanwhile in the factual real world Distant Relatives is still currently #1 on Billboard Reggae albums
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    are u serious? GTFOHWTBS

It was written.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Lol at this statement! IWW is considered a classic TD is a great album but its nowhere close to IWW.

IWW is a classic to you and your eastcoast brethren. I know alotta ppl who don't like any Nas albums. Teflon Don is a classic to ME, stop trying to force your opinion like its fact. That's what I hate about you eastcoast ? .
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Presteezh wrote: »
    Meanwhile in the factual real world Distant Relatives is still currently #1 on Billboard Reggae albums

And Nas last solo album sold 187,000 copies in the first week,
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    IWW is a classic to you and your eastcoast brethren. I know alotta ppl who don't like any Nas albums. Teflon Don is a classic to ME, stop trying to force your opinion like its fact. That's what I hate about you eastcoast ? .

Nah fam its a classic all over the world, you got posters like Mumo X who can attest to this, go to parts of Africa and see how big Nas following is, only a handful of rappers like Tupac have a bigger one, its obvious that Nas albums have managed to transcend regions, if not why else have you got J Cole, Fashawn and Elzhi trying to recreate his work, why else have you got Lupe saying IWW is his favourite album, bare in mind none of these artists are from the East coast.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Who knew this thread would be such a hit
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Who knew this thread would be such a hit

What's the best Wicked ? album out at the moment?
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What's the best Wicked ? album out at the moment?

Coatstrangala By Brotha Lynch Hung
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why i dont like Nas? his Album's are boring and lack replay value to me, Beat's are really aweful, Hook's are lacking, Flow is average, charisma is non existant, content is non relatable and boring and i think his voice is too monotone and lacks emotion that is raw

Why i like Nas? he is a good Rapper with some good Song's like 'One Mic'
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why i like Rick Ross? his Album's are top notch and get played consistantly all the way from start to finish with out tracks being skipped, his Word Play is dope, Delivery is dope, Beat selection is excellent, Flow is smooth, and his Song's feel like movies listening to his commentry over street subjects like trapping which can get redundent but he makes it sound like a movie, he has a good voice and i like his Cadence and how he picks dope Singers to feature and perform ill Hook's on his song's
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    37 for IWW 4 for TD ... Teflon Don was a tight album , no way in hell should it be compared to IWW check the numbers of yo poll B, ? you can take it ouside this forum and the #'s will probably remain the same
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    Its a classic to Hip Hop ? ...
    not just east coast ? ...
    ? who didn't grow up on hip hop, and ? who don't claim hip hop as their culture hate what purists consider true hip hop...
    you're entitled to your opinion, but when ppl play the "nobody I know like Nas" card, they usually talking about ? who have no love for hip hop...
    casual fans are fickle and don't have a connection to the art-form like that... which is cool...

What are the odds that some Hindu chick who's an Emenim stan is going to know somebody that listens to quality Hiphop anyway?? A ShadyTeam opinion is worth less than monopoly money at the weed-house.

Now, as far as Southern music fans are concerned they have different ears, different standards, and a different approach to listening to hiphop music. Teflon Don is more accessible to StillDreaming due to his age, region, race, and taste....he wants lush production over heavy bass-lines instead of traditional boom-bap.

Mr. Rozay is deeply regretful that East-Coast fans are reluctant to embrace him as swiftly as East-Coast artists.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What i don't like about Rick Ross? his content is one dimensional, only has a few introperspective song's, very rarley does Hook's/Chroruses himself 95% of the time he gets a feature for that
  • StillDreaming
    edited April 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Nah fam its a classic all over the world, you got posters like Mumo X who can attest to this, go to parts of Africa and see how big Nas following is, only a handful of rappers like Tupac have a bigger one, its obvious that Nas albums have managed to transcend regions, if not why else have you got J Cole, Fashawn and Elzhi trying to recreate his work, why else have you got Lupe saying IWW is his favourite album, bare in mind none of these artists are from the East coast.

So you mean to tell me there aren't ppl around the world who also think TD is classic??? Can you confirm that? No you can't. All I'm saying is as a southern poster on this forum this eastcoast biased is disgusting. I'm not saying TD is UNIVERSALLY better than IWW, I'd be just as dumb as some of you saying that about IWW. This message board is completely intolerant to any hip-hop views that don't ? ride 90s eastcoast rap. The mods allow this thread to stay open just so some of these eastcoast ? can get there rocks off about a southern rapper they don't like. Man we got 3 mods who are STILL gunit groupies and one that wants to be a Barbie girl....... don't let em fool you, If it ain't from the eastcoast they don't think its hip-hop.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is the better Rapper Rick Ross makes much better Music

Thread
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is the better Rapper Rick Ross makes much better Music

Thread

Nudes................................
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So you mean to tell me there aren't ppl around the world who also think TD is classic??? Can you confirm that? No you can't. All I'm saying is as a southern poster on this forum this eastcoast biased is disgusting. I'm not saying TD is UNIVERSALLY better than IWW, I'd be just as dumb as some of you saying that about IWW. This message board is completely intolerant to any hip-hop views that don't ? ride 90s eastcoast rap. The mods allow this thread to stay open just so some of these eastcoast ? can get there rocks off about a southern rapper they don't like. Man we got 3 mods who are STILL gunit groupies and one that wants to be a Barbie girl....... don't let em fool you, If it ain't from the eastcoast they don't think its hip-hop.

Tell em why u mad son...nah I'm just ? with u... no hate every1s entitled to their own opinion and mods shouldnt be biased
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nudes................................

• Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Port Of Miami = 9/10
    Trilla = 9/10
    Deeper Than Rap = 9.5/10
    Teflon Don = 9.5/10

Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 1.5/10
    Untitled = 5/10
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Port Of Miami = 9/10
    Trilla = 9/10
    Deeper Than Rap = 9.5/10
    Teflon Don = 9.5/10

Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 1.5/10
    Untitled = 5/10

ur nudes >>> ur rating system
  • StillDreaming
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Now, as far as Southern music fans are concerned they have different ears, different standards, and a different approach to listening to hiphop music. Teflon Don is more accessible to StillDreaming due to his age, region, race, and taste....he wants lush production over heavy bass-lines instead of traditional boom-bap.

Mr. Rozay is deeply regretful that East-Coast fans are reluctant to embrace him as swiftly as East-Coast artists.

That's what I'm getting at. I mean I understand the standards that eastcoast hip-hop fans go by, I use them myself when LISTENING TO EASTCOAST HIPHOP. But its kinda sad to me that OUR MUSIC FROM THE SOUTH doesn't get the same treatment. I would never grade a Nas album on the same scale as lets say KRIT WUZ HERE. To me when these ? on here think they can tell me what is classic just because its an eastcoast consensus I just laugh. Its just crazy that in this day and age we STILL have not accepted our cultural differences when it comes to hip-hop musical taste. Like its impossible for somebody to like Ross over Biggie......its like they wanna ? on my culture but want me to praise theirs.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    so you saying,you will play Nas's it was written right now over rick ross's Teflon don album???

people will look at you crazy bruh

I would and I gurantee nobody will look at me crazy......I still pull out my IWW every now and then
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's what I'm getting at. I mean I understand the standards that eastcoast hip-hop fans go by, I use them myself when LISTENING TO EASTCOAST HIPHOP. But its kinda sad to me that OUR MUSIC FROM THE SOUTH doesn't get the same treatment. I would never grade a Nas album on the same scale as lets say KRIT WUZ HERE. To me when these ? on here think they can tell me what is classic just because its an eastcoast consensus I just laugh. Its just crazy that in this day and age we STILL have not accepted our cultural differences when it comes to hip-hop musical taste. Like its impossible for somebody to like Ross over Biggie......its like they wanna ? on my culture but want me to praise theirs.

I know people that like E-40 over Biggie because they grew up listening to E-40 and he speaks their regional slang and touches on topics that are easily relatable to them moreso than Biggie Smalls.

You shouldnt feel obligated to like 14 yr old material from a NY rapper outiside your region that you didnt grow up listening to, if you are 25 now it means you were 11 yrs old when Biggie came out...what incentive would you have to fall in love with biggies music when you have 8ball, Fat Pat, and Project Pat to fill the "fat rapper" void?

Im sure 90% of the South under the age of 30 would prefer listening to Teflon Don over Illmatic and if anybody says otherwise I doubt they are being honest.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

everyone is entitled to they own opinion. But anyone who says Ross is better than biggie or mentions TD as being better than IWW shouldnt be taken seriously. If you tel me that kobe is on the same level as MJ i wouldnt agree wit u but i wouldnt understand where you comin from. But when some says dumb ? like vince carter is on MJ's level then he should be slapped. Lets get real here. Ross music is for the moment while i guarantee yall that Nas music wil b bumpd by the masses 50 years from now.