Time to be honest. How well do you drive and how well do you maintain you vehicle?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Powder Room
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    The wife's driving scares the ? out of me. She doesn't really stop at stop signs (rolling stop).
    She doesn't use her turn signal. She also feels the need to stare in the side mirrors for about 2-3 seconds before deciding to switch lanes, while doing 60 on i-10.

be honest. some of you can't drive worth a damn.
    true-story-just-got-back-from-the-hospital.jpg

I hate when other drivers do this. All of a sudden they come to a sudden stop and make a turn or they stop, THEN signal as they are making the turn. Smh.

Step 1: Signal
    Step 2: Proceed to slow down.
    Step 3: THEN turn.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I should be a racecar driver for real..I drive above the speed limit but I can maneuver the car well at the same time. I know my city so I'm good at getting around it..

I chill out when my daughter is in the car though.
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I should be a racecar driver for real..I drive above the speed limit but I can maneuver the car well at the same time. I know my city so I'm good at getting around it..

Same with me. I'm usually less aggressive when my girl is riding with me. Funny thing is, when we're in her car she scares the Jesus outta me. But when she's driving my car, I'm so calm and can even take a nap...maybe it's because usually, when she's driving my car, it's because I've been drinking haha...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »

That's the thing with women ya'll do drive fast B, but let ya'll be in a part of the city or a city you don't know and ya'll just become brake happy. I swear every time I'm driving and someone is ? 'n up the flow of traffic a good 90% of the time it's a women looking around lost ? up every body else yo.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2 days ago I saw some woman driving with her daughter in the back while doing her make up and talking on the phone, w/o a headset mind you...i felt scared for her daughter she was drifting towards my car so much....bottom line is I will always believe that 98% of women cannot drive worth a damn regardless of race, religion, ethnicity whatever...most women just can't ? drive and them thinking they can multitask while driving makes things even worse
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    That's the thing with women ya'll do drive fast B, but let ya'll be in a part of the city or a city you don't know and ya'll just become brake happy. I swear every time I'm driving and someone is ? 'n up the flow of traffic a good 90% of the time it's a women looking around lost ? up every body else yo.

LOL..I have a friend that gets downtown and starts damn near hyperventilating behind the wheel. I'm not a nervous driver though..I'll pull over before I'd let an unfamiliar area freak me out.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Honestly i drive like a maniac. i text while driving, flip people the bird and zone out real easy for miles. I been trying to treat my Lex better than my last wo toyotas so i try not to speed and act wreckless. trying to keep it for at least another 6-8 years
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    now how well do you maintain that muhfuka?
    do you know how to change a tire? how to react during a blow out? do you get the oil changed on the regular?

Ive changed a tire on a shoulder of a freeway with a three month old in her carrier out in the grass. Dude finally pulls up as I'm tightening the lugnuts..I was like thanks for nothing! lol j/k

Oil changes are the easy part..$20 at Walmart.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I honestly think my calling is to be the first black Nascar drivier to win a cup series
  • KingRegi
    KingRegi Members Posts: 145
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wash, wax, change oil, rotate tires, tune ups.... I give myself a 8 out of 10, depending on my pockets.

1-10 scale on driving, I give myself a 9 ... Wifey would give me 4-5 but I drive stupid on purpose when she in the whip cause I'd rather her drive than hear her mouth. Only had 3 tix in my lifetime.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think I'm a good driver

I've got a ticket for and expired inspection sticker before
    Been in 2 wrecks... neither were my fault.
    I can change a tire... although I hate doing it
    I know how to check things like oil, power steering fluid, etc
    If a light comes on in my car I know enough to take it to a mechanic before it becomes an issue.

I take my car in about every 3K-4K miles for an oil change

My son's dad works for a tire company so I'm taken care of on that part
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol..back in my younger years I got pulled over once and was ticketed for: no license (in the pants I wore the night before), no inspection, no insurance (sitting with the rest of the unopened mail), and no plates (new car, they were in the trunk)...the cop was like wtf.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    take your car to auto zone and have them do a diagnostic test when your check engine light comes on.
    That way you get a print out of exactly what your car's ECU(computer) is saying is wrong. And lessens your odds of getting ? over. then from there make the decision to take it to a mechanic and tell them exactly what is wrong.

I've taken it to Auto Zone before

my family owns a business and they have a mechanic on duty. So he usually fixes my car if it needs anything....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    95% of the time if someone is drving like an ? ....u pull up beside them they're on the phone....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • blackrain
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? i got road rage like a muhfuka, i keep a cup full of paintballs and jacks in my car to throw them out the sunroof if a ? get stupid. I threw a milkshake at someone in Kentucky cause he tailgated me. Shake was from Shake and Steak... that ? was mad thick.

lol if somebody tail gates me I will seriously hit my brakes lightly as a warning to back the ? up...if they keep going then I'm tossing something out the window that will hit their windshield...? them and their car if they can't drive a safe distance back from me...
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think im a great driver....i do drive fast though. Usually im doin 80 but if i have other ppl in the car i dont drive like that.

I've been in 0 accidents since i been driving...over 10 yrs. Maintenence I basically get oil changes every 3 months and thats about it. I know how to change a tire but no idea how to react if i get a blow-out..please lemme know what to do.

i took an auto class 3yrs ago so i would know how to do minor repairs and be educated about cars so mechanics would stop playin me out with the prices. It was one of the best things i've ever done. changed my own brakes, and did numerous things under the hood.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    wow, Dee changin brakes & stuff?! I was about to be proud of knowing how to change a tire & put oill, anti freeze & windshield washer fluid in it.

I'm a good driver though.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think im a great driver....i do drive fast though. Usually im doin 80 but if i have other ppl in the car i dont drive like that.

I've been in 0 accidents since i been driving...over 10 yrs. Maintenence I basically get oil changes every 3 months and thats about it. I know how to change a tire but no idea how to react if i get a blow-out..please lemme know what to do.

i took an auto class 3yrs ago so i would know how to do minor repairs and be educated about cars so mechanics would stop playin me out with the prices. It was one of the best things i've ever done. changed my own brakes, and did numerous things under the hood.

that's some ? that'll ? around and make a ? get you pregnant