PSN Users Reporting Hundreds of Dollars Stolen From Them

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LMAO........$ony gonna start blasting emails......LMAO = FAILED
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    LMAO........$ony gonna start blasting emails......LMAO = FAILED

the psn has been down almost a week..and people wait until today when sony says your cc info may have been stolen by hackers and all of a sudden people come outta the woodworks and claim they've had money stolen from them..where were these people over the weekend
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? lying they ass off

Goes to check accounting..
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol Im about to go buy a new tv with my debit card and have Sony pay for it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Good luck with that lol
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lmao damn sony lauce
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Good luck with that lol

? cotton bout to do 36 months in a federal country club...smmfh ol white collar crime ass ?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't know if it's true.

If it is true, it doesn't necessarily mean it was because of the breach 1 or 2 out of 77 million users can't really substantiate anything. Hell I'd be surprised if somebody that has psn didn't have problem with fraud this week just based off statistics alone.

If their are more substantiated reports in the coming week(s), then ? will get real.

Gonna definitely change my passwords.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    fucc this, I'm not even cuttin my PS3 on until they straighten this ? out

smh I'm glad I'm broke lol

mufucca try to steal money out my bank account they ain't gon get ? but shattered dreams and broken promises
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? something deep down makes me want Portal 2
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN wil be sued bad for this expect a massive lawsuit....they might lose billions of dollars with this mess.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    fucc this, I'm not even cuttin my PS3 on until they straighten this ? out

smh I'm glad I'm broke lol

mufucca try to steal money out my bank account they ain't gon get ? but shattered dreams and broken promises

bwhhahahahahah
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Linking your bank account to anything except direct deposit from your job is a mistake.......
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let me ask y'all something: if someone charges something to your CC and it's not you, doesn't your bank just automatically cancel the transaction and credit your account, and then investigate it?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    SonyIsntGoodWithComputers.gif

Remind me to cancel my debit card later
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    SonyIsntGoodWithComputers.gif

Remind me to cancel my debit card later

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT gif..lmaoooooooo
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Let me ask y'all something: if someone charges something to your CC and it's not you, doesn't your bank just automatically cancel the transaction and credit your account, and then investigate it?

First they have to confirm that it is not you. They usually contact you if they feel suspicous activity is happening on your account, large payments, simulatanous payments etc........but of course who's to say that it is not you spending until they call and ask if you have autorised such payments.

Never linked my cards to PSN. But they could still access your email, which means they could potentially gain access to paypal details.

I just want the network back, although I been playing campaign on Modern Warfare 2, so far I think it's the best.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i only put my amex info on PSN, and took it out months ago. even so, amex is really good believing you when they said charges on there werent yours or have been unfairly charged.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn so its really serious lol

I've only used Playstation points though......but still all our accounts/info etc have been compromised?

WTF is wrong with these hackers man? they just ? up a great network/entertainment system.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

51G7DYV7E6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

6a01053596fb28970c0120a60feb37970c-400wi

BrothersInCarLOL.jpg

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yet kingofarcade is bragging about ps3 having extra la noir content yet ignoring this topic lol
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    First they have to confirm that it is not you. They usually contact you if they feel suspicous activity is happening on your account, large payments, simulatanous payments etc........but of course who's to say that it is not you spending until they call and ask if you have autorised such payments.

Never linked my cards to PSN. But they could still access your email, which means they could potentially gain access to paypal details.

I just want the network back, although I been playing campaign on Modern Warfare 2, so far I think it's the best.

Reason I asked is because I don't see it as such a big deal.

Couple months ago, someone got access to my CC and charged $ 4000.00 on it over two days. I happened to come across it while transferring money between my accounts online and went to my bank the next day and reported it. I printed the info from my account and showed them the charges I did not make. They took the info and asked me to write an official letter stating that I did not authorise the charges. I did that and by the following day the charges were reversed. They wrote to me saying that the charges have been reversed and they are conducting an investigation into it and if they find that they were legit, I would have to reimburse them and also pay legal fees for the investigation.

A week or so later, they wrote to me again saying that the card was compromised and issued me a new card.

Pretty simple.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i deleted mt cc info after i had purchased something AND that card i used is no longer valid so i should be straight. Im just glad i copp;ed a 360 couple months back this is unacceptable
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Linking your bank account to anything except direct deposit from your job is a mistake.......

some people will never understand........PSN cards FTW...."kanye shrug"
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Good thing im broke