Terminator 5... Guess who's back???

Options
sapp08_2001
sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Looks like we picked the wrong week to stop carving "No Fate" into picnic tables. Deadline reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to the Terminator franchise in a new movie, to be directed by none other than Fast Five helmer Justin Lin. The project is a package deal from Hollywood talent agency CAA, with the lead actor and director attached to make the film for whatever studio picks up the deal. No writer is attached and a release date has yet to be determined. Deadline claims that Universal, the studio distributing Fast Five, is hot for the deal, as well as Sony and Lionsgate. Lin has a solid relationship with Universal, given the success of his Fast and Furious films. "Come with me if you want a sequel."While early rumors of Lin helming the project were met with head-scratching, the director has since silenced the naysayers given Fast Five's impressive international grosses and that movie's overall strong word-of-mouth. The news comes as the former California Governor is quick to start the film

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "I'll be back!"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hasta la vista baby
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So he coming back for a 5th installment? I thought Arnold was done with Terminator series after T3 and T3 wasn't bad at all neither was T4 either I got it on Blu-Ray.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i dont consider salvation a part of the series
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i dont consider salvation a part of the series

LOL, I don't consider T3 a part of the series.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL, I don't consider T3 a part of the series.

but arnold was in it and it actually played along with the real storyline. the enemy terminator was horrible but still. story wise it should count

salvation had nothing to do with the previous movies and common was in it. how could common still be alive and still be 30 years old???
  • Anti_matter
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL, yeah I get what you sayin' basically Salvation was made as if the T3 story never happened.

I just didn't like T3 that much. I especially hate how they tried to say Sarah Conner died of cancer to explain why she wasn't in the movie.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont consider salvation part of the franchise
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Umm Salvation was a prequel dudes.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If James Cameron isnt returning to this , I aint even gonna take it seriously.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    t3 was good actually
  • sapp08_2001
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yea arnold is back for a main role. so it should be good
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    all the Terminators are good but T1 > T2 > Salvation > T3
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I thought Salvation was based in the future after the bombs dropped at the end of T3

And with the Sarah Conner Chronicles, that happened between T2 and T3. They even eluded to Sarah seeing her future of getting sick (and dying of leukemia) during the series, so that's why she wasn't in T3.

The bombs drop in T3 and then we have Salvation.

Supposedly, T5 was supposed to be an animated franchise reboot, but the licenses keep getting ? out and no company can make good use of it.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? is too damn old to be no Terminator
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Salvation happened after the events of T3 before Reese is sent back in time to meet Sarah Connors
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Salvation happened after the events of T3 before Reese is sent back in time to meat Sarah Connor

comment corrected.......

it's got to odd to meet the boy who will eventually freak your moms to make sure you come into existence
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    comment corrected.......

it's got to odd to meet the boy who will eventually freak your moms to make sure you come into existence

They need to explain how is John Connors in the future if his dad aint ? his mom in the past yet
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They need to explain how is John Connors in the future if his dad aint ? his mom in the past yet

ut oh.........LOL!!!! you got that right, never thought of it like that.

Uhhh, yeah, I can't figure that one out.

I think if Reece doesn't succeed, then there will be a rip in the time/space continuum and the future will be altered.

Naw, hold up. Reece succeeds in fathering John Connor, so that's why he's in the future and able to send Reece back to the past to father him. If anything, that sequence of events will be a continuous loop because SkyNet will continually try to ? John Connor as a child and hunt for Reece in the future. If SkyNet succeeds on one of those plans, then SkyNet and the machines will win.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seriously i wont watch anything Arnie is in , thats of him being Guv'nor..... also they are making too many ? Terminator films now just making a mockery of the first 2
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? is too damn old to be no Terminator
    They said the same thing about him when part 3 was droppin. Dont underestimate Hollywood makeup and effects.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    ut oh.........LOL!!!! you got that right, never thought of it like that.

Uhhh, yeah, I can't figure that one out.

I think if Reece doesn't succeed, then there will be a rip in the time/space continuum and the future will be altered.

Naw, hold up. Reece succeeds in fathering John Connor, so that's why he's in the future and able to send Reece back to the past to father him. If anything, that sequence of events will be a continuous loop because SkyNet will continually try to ? John Connor as a child and hunt for Reece in the future. If SkyNet succeeds on one of those plans, then SkyNet and the machines will win.

the story of the Terminator, John Connor and Skynet is so fucced up and convoluted I wouldn't be surprised if Skynet killed John Conner, and stops the resistance enslaving all of mankind

THEN

It comes to light that Skynet is actually the Artifical Intelligence that created the Matrix and harvested human beings for energy until the machines are finally destroyed by the best actor ever, the incomparable KEANU "THE DUDE" REEVES
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nah, i don't think the storyline is too convoluted. I feel it's pretty much str8 forward.

SkyNet's objective is to ? John Connor at all costs so machines will rule the world in the future. SkyNet view human beings as destructive entities that must be terminated to preserve Earth. If John Connor lives, then SkyNet and the Terminators will eventually be defeated, if not by John Connor himself, then by the resistance of freedom fighters that John Connor created.

In T-3, Arnold told John Connor that his model (T-800), disguised as the original terminator character will ? him because there is a place in John's heart that grew fond of the T-800 model. He lets the T-800 in too close and it kills him. I'm not sure if in Salvation the scene where the T-800 drives an steel bar through the chest of John, is where SkyNet believes John is actually killed. In T-3, Arnold says his model infiltrates John's headquarters and kills him there. But it has been said that the humans do defeat SkyNet, so SkyNet will stop at nothing to make sure that John Connor dies in any timeline possible.

The Terminator wikia answers a lot of questions.

But if you're still confused on the storyline, maybe this guy..........

robocop.jpg

...can save the day.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the story of the Terminator, John Connor and Skynet is so fucced up and convoluted I wouldn't be surprised if Skynet killed John Conner, and stops the resistance enslaving all of mankind

THEN

It comes to light that Skynet is actually the Artifical Intelligence that created the Matrix and harvested human beings for energy until the machines are finally destroyed by the best actor ever, the incomparable KEANU "THE DUDE" REEVES

LMAO. you's a fool
  • Anti_matter
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think almost everyone is confused by the storyline.

T2 is one of my all time favorite movies, but when I try to pull all the story lines together I get frustrated as ? ...SMH

http://www.cracked.com/article_17390_5-reasons-terminator-franchise-makes-no-? -sense.html