Options
h.haver
h.haver Members Posts: 252
edited January 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Anyone else seen this ? yet? I thought it was a visually stunning masterpiece. I didn't have much expectations going in but it really impressed me.

Comments

• adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Visually that movie was hot......the story was cliche and predictable but i'd still give it a 8/10
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Visually that movie was hot......the story was cliche and predictable but i'd still give it a 8/10

This is basically what most people have said. I will be checking it out soon.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you're gonna spend that much money on a movie, would it ? the director to get a well written and less predictable script. Visually it's a 10/10 and story wise it's a 7/10, movie could of been on some Star Wars ? but the script failed it.
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it was dope but if this is the future of movies then idk cuz i like ? to look a little real and not so computer animated
  • adthatsme312
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i saw it in 3-d and i think thats why the blue guys navi didnt look corny, but when i see it on tv 2d, they look corny. I would definately reccomend seeing it in 3-d. and the dialogue coud've been improved.
  • Ctrice!
    Ctrice! Members Posts: 9
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This was the movie of the year.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    movie was great. recommend it
  • Un4seeN
    Un4seeN Members Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Options

pretty much 1hunnid right there
  • eem562
    eem562 Members Posts: 16
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Avatar...two thumbs up. its a bit cliche...but nowadays what movie isn't.
    District 9, Avatar, Transformer...top 3 movies this year.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? was wack to me...what is up with all these white messiah movies?? Blindside, Precious,Princess and the Frog, Invictus and now Avatar
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^^You know they won't allow too many black heroes in Hollywood.

But as far as the movie, I thought it was pretty good. Visually impressive.
  • adthatsme312
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eem562 wrote: »
    Avatar...two thumbs up. its a bit cliche...but nowadays what movie isn't.
    District 9, Avatar, Transformer...top 3 movies this year.

transformers? ? plz
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Avatar has already reached 1 Billion dollars in 7 days worldwide. Its currently 3rd all time and on pace to break Titanic's record (Which is also directed by James Cameron and is the Biggest Blockbuster of all time). Which is further proof that James Cameron is a genius.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    visuals: 10/10
    story: fern gully with real people & soldiers
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I need to see this movie with all the hype and all.
  • iStayWinnin
    iStayWinnin Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This movie was the ? ...I honestly didnt see anything wrong with the storyline
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like the movie I saw it in 3D. The story is basically The Last Samurai except with blue people technology and flying bird things.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    I like the movie I saw it in 3D. The story is basically The Last Samurai except with blue people technology and flying bird things.

The Last Samurai was the Japanese version of Dances with Wolves. This movie was the extrateresstrial version. Honestly, I'd have to say that this story model is the most corny and played at this time. I don't expect anything to be truly original anymore because everything has been done under the sun. However, the whole "white guy taking on a hostile culture and then being inducted into said culture and going over to their side" motif has really been done to death. There are like 1000 movies that fit into that exact cookie cutter shape.

Anyway, the movie was decent, but it's getting way too much fanfare. I mean people like what they like, but this was an average movie with spectacular visuals. It's a shame that something like that will be positioned to be the highest grossing movie of all time.
  • consciousmarley
    consciousmarley Members Posts: 41
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ctrice! wrote: »
    This was the movie of the year.

100%!!!!!

I absolutely love it. THe best movie I have seen in a while.
    You can say it's predictable but it's based on reality and I am going to see it a second time, 3D of course.
  • Large Dick Freddy
    Large Dick Freddy Members Posts: 87
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I really wish people would stop nit picking at the story line. Damn it was a good movie give it a rest, thats what movies are about...ENTERTAINMENT