My plan in life is to be a housewife

Options
whatevathehell
whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Powder Room
is what this young chick told me today after I asked what her plans were for the future. cute chick, 21, reasonably intelligent and this the kinda sat funny with me. I think shorty might be having man problems or something but regardless...ladies is this acceptable in your eyes..in todays world is it still cool for a woman to just be a housewife?

Comments

• Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If that's what she wants then I see nothing wrong with it, she just has to find somebody that just wants a housewife.
  • whatevathehell
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    If that's what she wants then I see nothing wrong with it, she just has to find somebody that just wants a housewife.

you young just like her...I know I asked yall but I dont think its healthy for a woman to sit up in the house all day or not have any purpose outside of family...sorry but thats me. dudes nowadays wanna know what you bringing to the table.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    that ? better get a job
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol she gon' be an easy pop for some ? .
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seriously though I don't see the problem. There are plenty of men raking in serious $$$ who don't mind that at all. They just want an obedient chick who will give them peace and quiet when they need it, a chick who can run errands related to home stuff, and suckery/fuckery. Not a big deal. She's just gonna have to be down for the job.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If there's nothing wrong with men not changing the way they think and wanting to still be the sole provider for their families why is it a big deal that a female wants to accept her role as a housewife? I don't get the issue.

Had she said when a broad says "I want to be the provider for my family and make my husband a stay at home dad" then come back and make a thread.
  • whatevathehell
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    If there's nothing wrong with men not changing the way they think and wanting to still be the sole provider for their families why is it a big deal that a female wants to accept her role as a housewife? I don't get the issue.

Had she said when a broad says "I want to be the provider for my family and make my husband a stay at home dad" then come back and make a thread.

there is a reason why I put this in the powder room.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »

• dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't really see anything wrong with that if thats what she wants and she finds a man who wants that as well . There are men I know who would like a stay at home wife who takes care of house kids cooking cleaning etc. Most of them just aren't in a place financially where they can do that.
  • babafryo
    babafryo Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nothing wrong with that, hope she can cook, clean and fetch beers
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so long as she strives to be the best housewife/home maker she can be, I dont see anything wrong with it. we all have our own paths
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't see the problem. 1 minute some men complain about women tryna focus on their careers and the next its complaining about women not wanting a career at all...

Being a housewife is a full time job if done correctly. Maintaining a house, taking care of the kids, running all of the errands, growing your own fresh veggies, letting your husband make any and all household decisions...etc etc. There's a lot that comes with it. I see no problem with it if that's what she wants to do.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Being a housewife>>>>99% of other professions.

I think being a parent is the best and most important job anyone can take on, but that's just me.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I think being a parent is the best and most important job anyone can take on, but that's just me.

shut ur fat greasy ass up
  • whatevathehell
    edited May 2011
    Options

agree with the bolded but the first part is just foolishness.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    shut ur fat greasy ass up

Yeah, you right.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If thats what she wants to do. Thats find I guess,
    Thats a red flag for me to hit the escape button
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it

Being that my son is a teen now... it would be kinda boring. Plus I LOVE what I do now

I am thankful I was able to stay home for almost 2 years when he was a baby.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it

Being that my son is a teen now... it would be kinda boring. Plus I LOVE what I do now

I am thankful I was able to stay home for almost 2 years when he was a baby.

Damn, how old are you?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that decision... now the question is... is it acceptable to be a househubby
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.