Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options
StillDreaming
StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Forum of Fame
Just how it reads. I ask this because its not too many mainstream rappers I can think of that havent really changed their music to pull in a white audience. No Skylar Grey or Em feats, no Alex Da Kid production just street anthems and music that the black community would listen to most. I mean from Hustlin and Push it, to the Boss and Here I am, Magnificent, Super High, MC Hammer, and BMF etc. Even though he consistently goes gold while artists who make wacker music go platinum, Ross still manages to put out a quality product that HIS fanbase will enjoy without compromising himself musically. Will this change with his next album, I doubt it but we'll have to wait and see. I do know SELF MADE's track list is what you'd expect from any Ross album. Ross is still doing shows at black clubs and HBCUs.....something most other mainstream rappers are not. So the question remains, amongst all this hype about only white kids supporting hip-hop, is Ross the last rapper left that trusts the black community for financial support?? Discuss

Comments

• EbonyTran
    EbonyTran Banned Users Posts: 570
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who cares? Blacks barely support artists music. So I don't see what's the big deal about rappers wanting more mainstream success. Ross obese walrus looking ass will never have the success of Jay-Z. ? is on the same level as Soulja boy, ? Boyz, and Lil B.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea thats exactly why ross is still here, good music, caterin to his own people
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If he thinks he does then he won't last cause most of the black community don't support music, we'd rather buy some $150 pair of J's then buy a $10 cd.
  • EbonyTran
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Yea thats exactly why ross is still here, good music, caterin to his own people

Exactly. With all these rappers selling out left and right Ross is really the only one who does it for the ppl who've been supporting him from the get go. I wonder how rappers like Lupe cave in to label pressure to release something he didn't put his heart into while Ross DROPS WHAT HE WANTS. That's why black ppl love Ross because he believes in US.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just how it reads. I ask this because its not too many mainstream rappers I can think of that havent really changed their music to pull in a white audience. No Skylar Grey or Em feats, no Alex Da Kid production just street anthems and music that the black community would listen to most. I mean from Hustlin and Push it, to the Boss and Here I am, Magnificent, Super High, MC Hammer, and BMF etc. Even though he consistently goes gold while artists who make wacker music go platinum, Ross still manages to put out a quality product that HIS fanbase will enjoy without compromising himself musically. Will this change with his next album, I doubt it but we'll have to wait and see. I do know SELF MADE's track list is what you'd expect from any Ross album. Ross is still doing shows at black clubs and HBCUs.....something most other mainstream rappers are not. So the question remains, amongst all this hype about only white kids supporting hip-hop, is Ross the last rapper left that trusts the black community for financial support?? Discuss

lets just see what happens when ross actually hits plat + status ... everything changes once you hit that status .... thats the diff between fat joe and 50cent ... fat joe never moved the unit 50 moved ... so its hard to respect joes opinion on the fact that hes still in the streets and in the clubs etc ... now if he moved diamond #s and was still in the hood and in the clubs streets etc ... then his words would hold serious weight .....

when u hit over plat sales it aint even about being scared of the thugs and streets ? .... u need protection from ya fans ..... @ that status is where the pandemonium lays @ ..... something Rick Ross has not encountered yet .................................................................

until he does we'll just have to hit "pause" on the the thread remote lol ;)
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    lets just see what happens when ross actually hits plat + status ... everything changes once you hit that status .... thats the diff between fat joe and 50cent ... fat joe never moved the unit 50 moved ... so its hard to respect joes opinion on the fact that hes still in the streets and in the clubs etc ... now if he moved diamond #s and was still in the hood and in the clubs streets etc ... then his words would hold serious weight .....

when u hit over plat sales it aint even about being scared of the thugs and streets ? .... u need protection from ya fans ..... @ that status is where the pandemonium lays @ ..... something Rick Ross has not encountered yet .................................................................

If Ross hits platinum it'll be because the BLACK COMMUNITY put him there. I don't see Ross changing his style, and if white ppl ain't biting now I don't see him hooking that audience. I honestly don't think he needs it though. Going gold and tour/club money seems to have him eating pretty well right now.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Exactly. With all these rappers selling out left and right Ross is really the only one who does it for the ppl who've been supporting him from the get go. I wonder how rappers like Lupe cave in to label pressure to release something he didn't put his heart into while Ross DROPS WHAT HE WANTS. That's why black ppl love Ross because he believes in US.

lets see what the future holds ... cause ross was under the def jam umbrella which is why he was able to keep it so HIP HOP .... now ross is under the same umbrella Lupe is under ... we gotta def see how this one plays out ................................ cause u got a gold artist in a boss positition ................. honestly if his ? doesnt do numbers its a good chance that @ the minimum his signed artist like Meek, Wale etc ..... will ? around and come out on asylum .... ie cam and the dipset route .................................

they got a three layer system going on over there .... asylum (indy numbers), atlantic/warner (is for gold and multiple plat potential artist if they reach that level for that real push) ....
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this is another reason why you know Rozay is rich of ? for real the homie doesn't have to compromise himself for record sales
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    EbonyTran wrote: »
    He's garbage.

shut the ? up
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If Ross hits platinum it'll be because the BLACK COMMUNITY put him there. I don't see Ross changing his style, and if white ppl ain't biting now I don't see him hooking that audience. I honestly don't think he needs it though. Going gold and tour/club money seems to have him eating pretty well right now.

lol @ you thinkin a million black people will buy his ? .
  • EbonyTran
    edited May 2011
    Options
    shut the ? up

or what..... you going to put something stiff and long in my mouth if I don't.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    this is another reason why you know Rozay is rich of ? for real the homie doesn't have to compromise himself for record sales

damn i see alot of people dreaming. smh. Ross will never go plat because hes been exposed. And idk what hood yall from but he gets no love here
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

True ? master p used come shreveport ,la n just chill not just do shows before he blew we ain't seen him since make em say ugh . Boosie n trill be out here chilling n hood ? its a YouTube vid of Boosie chilling in south Memphis if 50 did that he would shut down whole Memphis
  • sapp08_2001
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Find it funny folks support a correctional officer in hip hop. keep buyin his albums and they might move him up to Mayor. smh.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    lol @ you thinkin a million black people will buy his ? .

I said IF HE WENT PLATINUM, I never said he would. The point is Teflon Don is currently a little over 600k sold And we can all but guarantee that most of those were black ppl. We like Rozay and If we don't support by going out and buying the album, WE WILL GO TO CLUB DATES to see ol boy. I'm not discounting album sales, but Ross is able to get black ppl to support him in all kinda ways so that platinum plaque isn't a necessity for him. I don't know another mainstream rapper who would perform in some of the venues Ross goes.....black venues. ROSS TRUSTS US
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Find it funny folks support a correctional officer in hip hop. keep buyin his albums and they might move him up to Mayor. smh.

I find it funny that mostly white ppl find issue with him being a CO and black folk don't. Isn't ironic.......don't you think....
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You living in la la la teletubies bla bla bla ? ? mars land @ StillDreaming if you think Rick Ross doesnt have a strong white fan base that buys his Albums which helped him have Gold Albums and attend his shows

It's not just blacks that relate to content anout selling coke plenty of whites hustle too and even whites who don't relate that are Ross fans from the suburbs love hearing Gangsta Rap like Ross does tales about selling drugs, having fine ? and a lotta money is exciting to them

And Ross has made plenty of commercial Singles with popular Pop RnB Singers on the Hook like T Pain, R Kelly, John Legend etc so of course he compromising his main sound with the Singles that are really soft/commercial/Pop made to get Gold selling Albums he uses the formula of commercial Singles to get sales all major label Rappers use
  • sapp08_2001
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I find it funny that mostly white ppl find issue with him being a CO and black folk don't. Isn't ironic.......don't you think....

umm got it backwards buddy
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    EbonyTran wrote: »

or what..... you going to put something stiff and long in my mouth if I don't.

Can you hurry up and get banned?

I think this alias is KinkyCurls last stand or something.
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why do they worship ross on here. hes got an ear for beats but overall hes not that great.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You living in la la la teletubies bla bla bla ? ? mars land @ StillDreaming if you think Rick Ross doesnt have a strong white fan base that buys his Albums which helped him have Gold Albums and attend his shows

It's not just blacks that relate to content anout selling coke plenty of whites hustle too and even whites who don't relate that are Ross fans from the suburbs love hearing Gangsta Rap like Ross does tales about selling drugs, having fine ? and a lotta money is exciting to them

And Ross has made plenty of commercial Singles with popular Pop RnB Singers on the Hook like T Pain, R Kelly, John Legend etc so of course he compromising his main sound with the Singles that are really soft/commercial/Pop made to get Gold selling Albums he uses the formula of commercial Singles to get sales all major label Rappers use

cosign........................
  • EbonyTran
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can you hurry up and get banned?

I think this alias is KinkyCurls last stand or something.

I'm not in a rush to get banned boo.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

Lets explore these POP singles....

John Legend-Magnificent, Sweet Life, Free Mason

T Pain- Maybach Music 2

^^^^^^
    Do you mean pop like I'm Not Afraid or Love the Way you lie???
    Be real sweety you know those tracks I just named are not typical pop single to attract whites. Are you serious??
This discussion has been closed.