Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damn i see alot of people dreaming. smh. Ross will never go plat because hes been exposed. And idk what hood yall from but he gets no love here

yeah he really don't get love like that where i'm from cuz of that being somebody else every other song . We would rather listen to jeezy,gucci, waka before ross in the club or whip
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why do they worship ross on here. hes got an ear for beats but overall hes not that great.

he greater than your fav rapper
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    umm got it backwards buddy

Not at all. I'm black buddy I know what I'm talmbout. Most of US have family working as COs. I'm not gonna compound any further because you don't know what your talkin about.
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2011
    Options
    deeper then rap was cool though.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I said IF HE WENT PLATINUM, I never said he would. The point is Teflon Don is currently a little over 600k sold And we can all but guarantee that most of those were black ppl. We like Rozay and If we don't support by going out and buying the album, WE WILL GO TO CLUB DATES to see ol boy. I'm not discounting album sales, but Ross is able to get black ppl to support him in all kinda ways so that platinum plaque isn't a necessity for him. I don't know another mainstream rapper who would perform in some of the venues Ross goes.....black venues. ROSS TRUSTS US

Can all but guarantee most of 600k were black? Prove it, ill wait...
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why do they worship ross on here. hes got an ear for beats but overall hes not that great.

Its not worship its just admiration of the mans talent at making music. If you cant feel him then he just ain't for you. I'm not sure why that concept is so hard to understand.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To have 3-4 Gold Plaques, Charting Hit Singles you have a big white fan base who purchased these records or downloded them on I Tunes

The stats from the industry researchers proved this

Why you so insecure about Ross having a big white suburban fan base @ StillDreaming it's been known since the NWA era that white teens from the suburbs eat up the kinda Rap Ross, NWA, Jeezy, 2pac, Gucci Mane, T.I. etc do

If Dead Prez a pro black group that openly disrespects whites have a white fan base and following who attend there shows you really think a Trap Rapper like Ross doesn't? lmao

Black people from the street have called out on Ross being fake countless times it's blacks who are from the street still mad about that Correction Officer thing and him lying about it to this day as well as him being a College dude yet Rap's about being a King Pin so of course the black community is laughing at a fake, phony, lying dude like Ross

Just like Vanilla Ice he lied about his past, backround etc especially considering the black community in the hood hates law enforcment historically and Ross was a Corrections Officer for 2 years

You think blacks, whites, latinos etc pretty much all races at the video tape of Ross baby mother having sex

Come on StillDreaming get in the real world
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Can all but guarantee most of 600k were black? Prove it, ill wait...

There is no proof just using common sense. You hear how these white folks hate this man on the internet, I mean its evident by where this man performs. Most rappers tour and book club dates in areas where most of there purchasing audience resides. Ross really just started touring Europe this year and if you follow him on twitter he's almost always at black clubs. He'll be here in SC the end of May for Memorial Day weekend performing for BLACK PPL. I can't prove who bought his album but I can make a logical deduction of who didn't......
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To have 3-4 Gold Plaques, Charting Hit Singles you have a big white fan base who purchased these records or downloded them on I Tunes

The stats from the industry researchers proved this

Why you so insecure about Ross having a big white suburban fan base @ StillDreaming it's been known since the NWA era that white teens from the suburbs eat up the kinda Rap Ross, NWA, Jeezy, 2pac, Gucci Mane, T.I. etc do

If Dead Prez a pro black group that openly disrespects whites have a white fan base and following who attend there shows you really think a Trap Rapper like Ross doesn't? lmao

Black people from the street have called out on Ross being fake countless times it's blacks who are from the street still mad about that Correction Officer thing and him lying about it to this day as well as him being a College dude yet Rap's about being a King Pin so of course the black community is laughing at a fake, phony, lying dude like Ross

Just like Vanilla Ice he lied about his past, backround etc especially considering the black community in the hood hates law enforcment historically and Ross was a Corrections Officer for 2 years

You think blacks, whites, latinos etc pretty much all races at the video tape of Ross baby mother having sex

Come on StillDreaming get in the real world

^^^^^^
    I tell ya the wont let us have ? LOL
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How can a true fan of Ross be insecure of Ross having a big white fan base that purchase his Albums making them Gold

It's just facts most consumers of Rap Music are white teens so any Rapper that sells Gold, Platinum or more has a huge white fan base who purchased the Album's at stores or on I Tunes
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross is that ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Yea thats exactly why ross is still here, good music, caterin to his own people

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    hlf wrote: »
    If he thinks he does then he won't last cause most of the black community don't support music, we'd rather buy some $150 pair of J's then buy a $10 cd.

Why are you stereotyping your own people? Stop it 5!
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2011
    Options
    in my opinion hes average nothing more nothing less. I like that BMF it goes hard.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ross is average, accept it.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How can a true fan of Ross be insecure of Ross having a big white fan base that purchase his Albums making them Gold

It's just facts most consumers of Rap Music are white teens so any Rapper that sells Gold, Platinum or more has a huge white fan base who purchased the Album's at stores or on I Tunes

LOL stop trying to derail this thread lil girl. Go listen to Recovery this thread ain't for u.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Theres always exceptions but you know for a fact Ross has a big white fan base StillDreaming

The white teens from the Burbs always got their ear open to what blacks in the hood are listening to liking and they follow just cos blacks in the hood like it

Ross having Gold Albums proves that whites buy his Album's mostly]

You gotta flop like JR Writer and Duke Da ? to not have a white fan base

Theres no way a consistant Gold seller doesnt have a white fan base that purchased the Albums mostly

Blacks listen to Ross alot of course wether it be suburban or inner city blacks but key factor is they just download his Albums for free or get a bootleg while the suburban white kids but them
  • MC The Rapper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How can people from the UK comment on white suburban fanbases in america have you guys ever been to america or are you guys just relying on the information you have gathered from watching tv and the internet?
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

This thread isn't about what OUTSIDERS think of Ross. This is about how Ross still makes music for a BLACK audience even though he's only going gold. Ross ain't selling out like Dre and Lupe have done and I applaud him for that. WE'LL KEEP SUPPORTING HIM by buying his albums and purchasing tickets To club events.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    EbonyTran wrote: »

or what..... you going to put something stiff and long in my mouth if I don't.

lmao you ? as hell, slime.
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Theres always exceptions but you know for a fact Ross has a big white fan base StillDreaming

The white teens from the Burbs always got their ear open to what blacks in the hood are listening to liking and they follow just cos blacks in the hood like it

Theres no way a consistant Gold seller doesnt have a white fan base that purchased the Albums mostly

Blacks listen to Ross alot of course wether it be suburban or inner city blacks but key factor is they just download his Albums for free or get a bootleg while the suburban white kids but them
    100% true ?
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited May 2011
    Options

his ? is better than hopsin's, tech n9ne's & eminem's on average, accept it
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

Yea us blacks only download music, we don't support any hip-hop at all, only whites actually like ROSS enough to go in a store and buy his music. Oh yea my African brothers also traded me to the Europeans and whites never enslaved anyone. Got ya chick, now please exit stage left.
  • MC The Rapper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MrCrafty wrote: »
    his ? is better than hopsin's, tech n9ne's & eminem's on average, accept it

yeah hopsin is wack
  • EbonyTran
    EbonyTran Banned Users Posts: 570
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao you ? as hell, slime.

get your mind out of the gutta. I walking talking about a gun, but since you took it there. what's it gonna be?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    EbonyTran wrote: »
    get your mind out of the gutta. I walking talking about a gun, but since you took it there. what's it gonna be?

lol nice alias,b.
This discussion has been closed.