I think I hit a plateau

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I already told your pasty ass not to go by the scale woman! :td Stop trying to get your BMI down and focus soley on body fat %. I see you havent got that tape measure yet, huh? All you need is a mirror to see if you're happy with your body or not.

As far as losing 15 more pounds? Since you are so hell bent on achieving that '165 lbs look' all you have to do is cut calories. By my estimates, your BMR is around 1650-1700 with you being 5'10 and 180 lbs and early to mid-twenties I'm assuming. With that being said, cut your calories down to about 1200 a day in addition to the regular exercise you already do (step up the intensity of your cardio workouts). The weight will have no choice but to come off. I see what you are currently eating but if the calorie content of what you are eating and drinking everyday is at 1650 or surpasses it and your level of exercising isnt burning that many calories, its no wonder you arent losing the weight. Why dont you actually try monitoring your calorie intake for a week and see how that works. Dont eat/drink more than 1200 calories daily and see what that does for you :tu
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bro that ? aint no damn 1600 calories

I feel like my dad just told me off
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options

Lol I just went back and looked again at what you eat. You're right. The only thing I can say is that you need to up your cardio (time spent doing it and intensity). I remember you said you felt good where you were at. What brought about the change of heart?
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Once your body gets used to a certain workout, it will slow down on burning calories. You need to get your heart rate high as ? and keep it there for a nice little while, while doing your cardio sessions :tu
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options

How many calories does what you eat/drink daily equate to though?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok what would a day in this diet look like?

Breakfast - oatmeal ( I add stevia powder and soy milk to my oatmeal), whole grain cereal with soy milk and blackstrap molasses, blue berries, a banana, red grapes,

Lunch - quinoa with beans, grapefruit, broccoli,

Snack - popcorn (seasoned with extra ? olive oil and sea salt) or maybe dates and pistachio nuts and a glass of soy milk,

Dinner - Sweet potato fries with vegetable hummus, green, leafy vegetables, cauliflower, cooked carrots,

This isn't what I have every day, just some examples.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    soy...explains a lot.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    do you run much???

try running longer and longer distances....
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wallh wrote: »
    i already told your pasty ass not to go by the scale woman! :td stop trying to get your bmi down and focus soley on body fat %. I see you havent got that tape measure yet, huh? All you need is a mirror to see if you're happy with your body or not.

as far as losing 15 more pounds? Since you are so hell bent on achieving that '165 lbs look' all you have to do is cut calories. By my estimates, your bmr is around 1650-1700 with you being 5'10 and 180 lbs and early to mid-twenties i'm assuming. With that being said, cut your calories down to about 1200 a day in addition to the regular exercise you already do (step up the intensity of your cardio workouts). The weight will have no choice but to come off. I see what you are currently eating but if the calorie content of what you are eating and drinking everyday is at 1650 or surpasses it and your level of exercising isnt burning that many calories, its no wonder you arent losing the weight. Why dont you actually try monitoring your calorie intake for a week and see how that works. Dont eat/drink more than 1200 calories daily and see what that does for you :tu

yes yes yes! Co-sign everything.
  • Miltown Marauder
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Breakfast - oatmeal ( I add stevia powder and soy milk to my oatmeal), whole grain cereal with soy milk and blackstrap molasses, blue berries, a banana, red grapes,

Lunch - quinoa with beans, grapefruit, broccoli,

Snack - popcorn (seasoned with extra ? olive oil and sea salt) or maybe dates and pistachio nuts and a glass of soy milk,

Dinner - Sweet potato fries with vegetable hummus, green, leafy vegetables, cauliflower, cooked carrots,

This isn't what I have every day, just some examples.

Worst diet EVER. This is wayy too many carbs, especially if he's not lifting, and virtually no protein at all. ? this diet.
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hey Pico.... Some good responses/advice in this thread.... I would def change my workout and increase my cardio... Muscle memory is a ? and once your body is acustom to a certain workout it will hinder your progress. Yeah...stay off that scale for awhile too.

I personally think you look better than a fish plate but i'ma aware everyone has their own personal goals. *shrugs*

With that being said, don't know if you're into supplements or not but if you really tryin to take it there go 'head and cop you some of this and get right....

51PKfNK-NKL._SS500_.jpg

OxyELITE_Pro-Review4.jpg

http://www.oxyelite-pro.com/
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worst diet EVER. This is wayy too many carbs, especially if he's not lifting, and virtually no protein at all. ? this diet.

I don't lift weights. I do push ups, crunches, squats and jumping jacks. I wish I had an exercise bicycle or a treadmill but I don't really care about muscles, just being healthy.

Soy is a full source of protein. Quinoa is also a complete source of protein. Beans mixed with rice is another full source of protein. Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein and contrary to popular belief, there's protein in almost everything. I've read that most people consume too much protein and this has been linked with heart disease, osteoporosis, kidney damage and other medical problems. Refined carbohydrates provide empty calories and raise insulin to dangerous levels, among other negative effects, the carbohydrates found in fruits/vegetables and whole grains do not.

The Atkins diet has long since been discredited by mainstream nutritionists.
  • Miltown Marauder
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't lift weights. I do push ups, crunches, squats and jumping jacks. I wish I had an exercise bicycle or a treadmill but I don't really care about muscles, just being healthy.

Soy is a full source of protein. Quinoa is also a complete source of protein. Beans mixed with rice is another full source of protein. Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein and contrary to popular belief, there's protein in almost everything. I've read that most people consume too much protein and this has been linked with heart disease, osteoporosis, kidney damage and other medical problems. Refined carbohydrates provide empty calories and raise insulin to dangerous levels, among other negative effects, the carbohydrates found in fruits/vegetables and whole grains do not.

I'm not talking about keeping carbs low, but this is overhaul.
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sooooo.... my post has to be approved because????
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just repost it^^
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sooooo.... my post has to be approved because????

Because you included a link. Next time, edit in the link after you've already posted.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I recommend this diet : whole grains, fruits/vegetables, nuts/seeds, 8-10 glasses of water a day. No meat, animal products, hydrogenated oil (transfat), refined carbohydrates, refined sugar, little to no refined salt and try to avoid foods with preservatives.

This is a proper diet. Except the no meat part I been trying to get off it. I been telling ? . Yall out chea eliminating carbs n ? . Talmbout no fruit FOH.

The hardest part is self control and lack of knowledge on basic nutrition to have a fit healthy body which equals looking good.

Gonna go run, thats the only thing I dont do often which is really bad, cardio specially running :(

Pico's diet looks proper.Thats what happens when u got a mutt tho, the beautiful african features and the pastiness of a porcelain ? who looks amazonian.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Powerful post. Yo diet is overkill yet I completely agree.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    pico holds all her weight in her cheeks

like a squirrel

them ass cheeks
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    real talk tho..stop eating fruit and see how much u lose

Blasphemy .
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dakari wrote: »
    them ass cheeks

She aint holding like that!

Time to hit the pavement baby! I just ran 3.6 miles again and then walked it with my wife and kids. ? was GOAT until my son started whinning about wanting to get n my back. His big ass is too heavy after I just did over 7 miles of walking and running!
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You should change up your workout....run harder or longer on cardio.. if you're lifting weights, drop your weight down and do more reps and sets
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well stomach fat is always the most difficult to lose and is always last to go. Hang in there. Work from your abs from all angles (upper, lower, obliques, serratus (connects abs to ribs), and diet properly with cardio (30-45 min) is a good baseline.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited May 2011
    Options
    went to gnc bought the oxy elite, and casein

imma up my cardio too

lets see how this works
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    went to gnc bought the oxy elite, and casein