Hasheem Thabeet is headed for the D-League

Options
rakim ii
rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
This ? was drafted #2 overall and will be the highest pick ever to be sent to the D-league. He's averaging 2.5ppg and 2.9 rpg. Damn they where just over hyping this 7'3'' ? like he was the next big thing. Can someone say bust?

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yo i was sayin hes a ? from the beginning.....at Uconn he wasnt a great shot blocker, he was just WAY taller than everybody else and ? used to shoot into his hands basically

he was 7'3 playin against Centers and Forwards that were 6'9 and shorter

smfh @ the Grizzlies pickin him over Tyreke Evans, Steph Curry, and every1 else
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thabeet been trash. yall saw what dejuan blair did to his ass

gasol
    randolph
    ?
    mayo
    evans

thats a nice ass starting 5, and evans when to memphis so he's got the local buzz

was
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this why the nba sucks at times...they need to stop drafting based on perceived potential and draft based on what a player can do now
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    thabeet been trash. yall saw what dejuan blair did to his ass

gasol
    randolph
    ?
    mayo
    evans

thats a nice ass starting 5, and evans when to memphis so he's got the local buzz

was

the Grizz offered the Warriors Hasheem Thabeet and OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis.....that woulda been crazy
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Darko Millic 2.0
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when the 6'6 on his tippy toes dejuan blair exposed him as a softy everyone should have took notice.
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited February 2010
    Options
    speaking of Dajuan Blair, how the nba idiots let him drop to 2nd round and take this stiff 2nd overall
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thabeet the Ryan Leaf on the NBA
  • rakim ii
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This ? couldn't even survive as a back-up Center on the Grizzlies with the lack of talented centers in the league today.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Damn he worse than Olowokandi
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you cant call him a bust after one season especially when he didnt get to play much do to him playing behind Gasol.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Grizzlies lost
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the Grizz offered the Warriors Hasheem Thabeet and OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis.....that woulda been crazy
    Id easily make that trade

Mayo got superstar potential
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when will teams learn to stop drafting for need and just draft the best player in the draft. If I have the number one pick, and I'm heavy at the guard spot. But there's a guard that's just AMAZING. IE John Wall, I'm taking him. I don't care if I need a center, I'll be alright, I'll get a ? in free agency or the 2nd round. Take the best player available regardless of positioin.
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Id easily make that trade

Mayo got superstar potential

i wouldnt have....? they would've been on the hook for that Thabeet contract, and he would not survive in that fast pace offense......and Ellis >>>> Mayo

i've always thought Mayo was overhyped, and the fact that he'll probably never average more than 23 in a season proves my point......but its to early for me to be sure about that
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when will teams learn to stop drafting for need and just draft the best player in the draft. If I have the number one pick, and I'm heavy at the guard spot. But there's a guard that's just AMAZING. IE John Wall, I'm taking him. I don't care if I need a center, I'll be alright, I'll get a ? in free agency or the 2nd round. Take the best player available regardless of positioin.

i agree, most of the time (unless the position you NEED is the 2nd best player in the draft) but...

Evan Turner >>>> John Wall
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i agree, most of the time (unless the position you NEED is the 2nd best player in the draft) but...

Evan Turner >>>> John Wall

Ya might think im crazy but Turner reminds me of Pippen
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you cant call him a bust after one season especially when he didnt get to play much do to him playing behind Gasol.

there is a difference between being a loterry pick and riding the bench and being a lottery pick and getting sent to the ? D-league. Hell at least Kwame Brown could hold a spot on an NBA roster. Thabeet can't even do that. He is a certified bust as of now.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt have....? they would've been on the hook for that Thabeet contract, and he would not survive in that fast pace offense......and Ellis >>>> Mayo

i've always thought Mayo was overhyped, and the fact that he'll probably never average more than 23 in a season proves my point......but its to early for me to be sure about that

Ellis is gettin 22 shots a game and averagin 25 ppg. Mayo is gettin 15 shots a game and averagvin 18. if mayo got 22 shots, he'd def average 23 a game. plus ellis is gettin 11 mill a year for the next 5. mayo is still on his rookie contract and would be a better fit playing with steph curry imo
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

I agree, this was like the Pistons NOT drafting Melo cuz they had Tayshaun Prince...smh are they ? serious??????
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options

First off, Thabeet was a work in progress anyway. They got him because he's 7'3" and at the time they didnt have Z-Bo. Thabeet is a rookie and under NBA contracts the only years that are gauranteed are the first 2. After that, you get 2 years of team options. Thabeet isnt garbage, he just needs to get playing experience. And when you have an all star averaging 20 and 10, starting in front of you, you wont be getting off the pine anytime soon.

2nd, I like Monta Ellis, but be real. He plays in Nelly's system of shoot, shoot, shoot. There is no defense, there isnt even offensive plays. Mayo plays on an actual TEAM. He plays wit Z-Bo, Rudy ? , and Marc Gasol. It aint no way he's gonna be averaging 23 a game on that team. Mayo is more polished than Monta. He can actually play the 1 and the 2. And he has the potential to be a great defender. Monta Ellis gets to take any shot he wants because his team is garbage. That doesnt make him a better player. If you put Mayo on the Warriors he'd be a better fit because he'd play the 2 and Curry would play the 1.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    speaking of Dajuan Blair, how the nba idiots let him drop to 2nd round and take this stiff 2nd overall

He had problems with his knees and GM's were scared of taking a risk so he dropped to second round once again the Spurs won cause he is a good PF and a beast on the boards.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He had problems with his knees and GM's were scared of taking a risk so he dropped to second round once again the Spurs won cause he is a good PF and a beast on the boards.

dude has no ACL's in either knee
  • rakim ii
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pretty much bone rubbing on bone...no atl
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there is a difference between being a loterry pick and riding the bench and being a lottery pick and getting sent to the ? D-league. Hell at least Kwame Brown could hold a spot on an NBA roster. Thabeet can't even do that. He is a certified bust as of now.

thats that ether