Options

Comments

• aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited March 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    It's just the truth.

Mos Def and Talib Kweli catalogue (group & solo) >>>> Andre 3000 and Big Boi

Yall really can't dispute that.

I respect your opinion but you can't be serious. Mos Def is nice but line for line he ain't seeing Dre3000 and Kweli is like a lyrical Silkk the Shocker lol. I ain't never heard this n*gga rap to the beat in his life, his flow is a*s. Outkast lost me around Stankonia but their discography > Black Star.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aswadh wrote: »
    I respect your opinion but you can't be serious. Mos Def is nice but line for line he ain't seeing Dre3000 and Kweli is like a lyrical Silkk the Shocker lol. I ain't never heard this n*gga rap to the beat in his life, his flow is a*s. Outkast lost me around Stankonia but their discography > Black Star.

you havent listened to enough talib then
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    you havent listened to enough talib then
    He's always off beat. You can be a fan of his music, but flow isn´t his trongest asset and that´s putting it mildly. Like I said, he´s a lyrical Silkk The Shocker.
  • You Mad
    You Mad Members Posts: 234
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aswadh wrote: »
    He's always off beat. You can be a fan of his music, but flow isn´t his trongest asset and that´s putting it mildly. Like I said, he´s a lyrical Silkk The Shocker.

Wow, did you just say Kweli's is like Silkk The Shockers?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hell to the NAw...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not for Nothing, this is a good thread, A great Comaprison between to legendary Hiphop duos.............Talib is a Monster on the Mic Lyrical, very underrated.......might give ur favorite rapper a run for his money.........Mos Def has Bars 4 days............On they other hand, 3000 might Be jsut as Lyrical as Talib, and unlike Talib, I think he has a better Flow............Big Boi to me is jsut a Step down From 3000, he a mosnter on the mic in his own rite too..........Lyrically, pound for pound they r probably 2 of the most Lyricallly Potent groups out there, they are just about even. Overall, imma have to give it 2 Outkast, Outkast is Clearly more versatile y Blackstar is more Conscious politcal (Outkast in the begining was kinda Conscious). Still in all, cant Get mad at thoughs u say Blackstar. For those of ya howvere, who r clearly writiing off Blackstar ya need to check out they Catalogue
  • You Mad
    You Mad Members Posts: 234
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Andre 3000 > Mos Def > Talib Kweli > Big Boi. Can't compare the production because it's at different times.

I'm going to call this a tie. Nice comparison. Personally, I prefer Black Star.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WHHHHHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA

In a head on group vs group, yeah I give it to Blackstar. Talib and Mos are 2 of the best to do it.
    Comparing GROUP catalogs Outkast crushes Blackstar 6 to 1
    Its not fair to compare groups and ad in their solo catalogs.
    Big Boi is the weakest link here but 3 Stacks is a beast.

As a Group: Black Star >> Outkast

Comparing Group catalogs: Outkast >>>>>>> Black Star

Individually: 3 Stack, Mos Def, Talib Kweli >>>>>>>>>>>>Big Boi
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What the ? ?

Blackstar is one of my Fav albums.

but i can't cosign this.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Andre 3000 alone is >>>>>> Talib Kweli and Mos. I like Talib and Mos, but Andre 3000 can do what they do and then flip it. Mos is a better singer than Andre, but that's about it. Big Boi is a monster in his own right. Dude held down Speakerboxxx by his lonely and it was a very diverse Hip Hop album in terms of subject matter, lyrics and production.

Lyrically, I don't think Black Star is a match either b/c they don't have the versatility and overall songwriting ability that Kast has.
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik ; ATLiens ; Aquemini ; Stankonia ; Speakerboxx / The Love Below are all classics in my and a lotta other people's opinions. I'd have to say Aquemini is the best, but they're all good. I don't think it's a stretch to say Outkast has 5 classic albums.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Black Star has 1 "Underground" CLASSIC. And yes to me it's a Classic but it's not unversally accepted as such. Most people rank it 4-4.5. Outkast has 3 CERTIFIED HIP HOP MASTERPIECES and serveral of solid albums. I love Both Mos Def and Talib. Both have released more heat solo than Outkast has solo but as a group. Kast is Top 5/Top 10 ALL TIME. Black Star one album wasn't enough. Fugees are the only group in the Top 10 with limited materail (2 albums). Also for the record:

3 Stacks >>> Talib and Mos Def Combined

With that said. Can "Black on Both Sides' finally get the Classic Status it deserves? Mos Def blacked out on that record.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I swear ya'll dudes stay showing Big Boi NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO types of props. That dude is even if not better than 3 stacks. But dudes won't acknowledge that because stacks drops 2 hot verses a year and dudes ride stick like no other. But back to the topic at hand...naw duke lay off that Cali tree because Blackstar is not better than Outkast. These are two extremely talented duos, but they don't compare. Outkast easily wins this one
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    I swear ya'll dudes stay showing Big Boi NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO types of props. That dude is even if not better than 3 stacks. But dudes won't acknowledge that because stacks drops 2 hot verses a year and dudes ride stick like no other. But back to the topic at hand...naw duke lay off that Cali tree because Blackstar is not better than Outkast. These are two extremely talented duos, but they don't compare. Outkast easily wins this one

Big Boi is the ? , he actually went toe to toe with Dre on "Aquemini" but Big Boi is like Havoc on Mobb Deep. He just wasn't seeing his partner Lyrically or flow wise.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this man speaks the truth but they dont have enough of a catalog to be considered on of the great groups
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    Options
    To me, 'Kast is a lot like UGK, in the sense that just like with ? C and Bun B, sometimes Andre rips it, sometimes Big Boi does. For the most part, it's pretty even. I think it's just that sometimes 3 Stax's verses are more memorable because of deeper subject matter and better metaphors. Like somebody said, they stay toe to toe on tracks like "Aquemini", or "Chonky Fire". I'd say 3 Stax outshines General Patton on tracks like "Synthesizer", "Gangsta ? ", and "Red Velvet". But I'd say Big Boi outshines 'Dre on "Return of the Gangsta" and "Hootie Hoo". It all evens out.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can' believe 2 things said in this thread and ? really riding Outkast nuts by the way

1. 3000 >>> Talib and Mos combined? Really bruh? ROFL

2. Outkast having 5 classics...LMAO!!
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol I'm not even an Outkast fan like that and I know you ? trippin.... ms. jackson along with about 70 songs these ? recorded had more of a impact in the hip hop world than the one blackstar album.... and that was the second album I ever bought as a kid. outkast got SONGS and classic ones at that.... there's no comparison whatsoever. that's like comparing KFC to obama's fry chicken lol
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can' believe 2 things said in this thread and ? really riding Outkast nuts by the way

I love Blackstar, but they are not ? with 3 stacks, they ? Big Boi ass up lyrically but that's it. I agree with the 5 classics, but them ? got 3 classics... Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, ATLiens , Aquemini ( which some say is the greatest album in Hip Hop)
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People makin it seem like Big Boi is just dumb wack....compared to other rappers Big Boi holds his own....but this thread is ridiculous....

Outkast FTW
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dude said 5 arguable classics and he's right

southernplayalistic
    atliens
    aquemini
    stankonia
    speakerboxx/love below
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options

Just because nobody agrees with you and we recognize who's better were riding there nuts? C'mon Son, take the L and move on
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mos DEf & Kweli are better MCs than Andre and Big Boi, but you can't compare one Blackstar album to extensive and diverse discography of Outkast.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Just because nobody agrees with you and we recognize who's better were riding there nuts? C'mon Son, take the L and move on

rofl those two points i made aint riding a ? 's nuts? and i already mentioned in this thread that i knew it wasnt a good comparison cause Blackstar only came out with 1 album..i just wanted to make a Blackstar thread..
  • hiphopjunkie87
    hiphopjunkie87 Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    first off. i saw an interview where talib said andre is his favorite mc and prolly the best alive. dont believe me its on youtube check it out for yourself. but anyway i love blackstar and outkast mos def is a best talib is a lyrical beast sum ppl just dont like his delivery me personally i aint mad @ em. big boi is a beast that doesnt get the credit he deserves. andre is a complete monster just to throw out a few of my fav verses from dre. players ball, elevators,get up get out, rosa parks,art of story tellin part 4. if u dont think dre is that nice check those out. as far as who is better its all just ppls opinions of who they rather listen to. both groups are great 4 hiphop but my vote goes to outkast. get dat new bigboi album and dat new reflection eternal. im out