P90x

Options

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thats where i got it lol

i still wanna do it...im so damn shook though. smh. every week i tell myself imma start lol

Once you get started you get addicted to it. I did it last year in April for a June trip to Miami. Best time i ever had in miami...

Getwitcha
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    P90X isnt that bad after u get used to it. Tony Horton is the truth. I can only hope to look that good @ 50.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Before I even go through the trouble of downloading..... what equipment does this require?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    chin up/pull up bar, dumbbells or resistance band..push up bars are optional really...u dont really need them
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok, thanks.
    I have 10 days to whip into shape for a bday party. I think I'll start this tomorrow.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yo i got the ab ripper x but is there another video i need to d/l with it like core training or arms and chest to get a complete workout....cuz at the end of the vid, dude said dont do the ab ripper everyday and work another group so whats a good video to go with the ab ripper?
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? ....... I'm never doing P90x again. I'm about to bulk up doing this program, I can tell. There's no way my body should be hurting this much, this can't be healthy
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Handle it man lol I started my 3rd week yesterday. I can almost do ab ripper all the way through without stopping for a mini break :tu

I still stop for mini-breaks, but I'm getting used to the pace of it. Today, I'm doing yoga.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? ....... I'm never doing P90x again. I'm about to bulk up doing this program, I can tell. There's no way my body should be hurting this much, this can't be healthy

Bulk up, nope. You on any roids or testosterone? You won't bulk up. Pace yourself and use the pause button. LOL
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can anyone pm me a link. It will greatly appreciated.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm on day 6. Did Kenpo X yesterday and had a ? glorious work out son. I was soakin wet from top to bottom. My heart rate was at like 189 son, that's damn near 100% my max heart rate. I had a recovery drink right after my workout and I'm barely soar. I started off half assin it, but now I'm OD'in on it. Can't wait for pylometrics next week. Chest and back then pylo made my ass ? and almost throw up the 1st time I did it LOL. Now I'm bout to smash that ? .
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options

? . man up ? . how you gonna let the 1 legged cat and old ass tony beat you down like that fam?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    ? . man up ? . how you gonna let the 1 legged cat and old ass tony beat you down like that fam?

I'm assuming this is a female with the avi and talk about whipping into shape for a birthday party.... ol damon ass ? ...
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options

LOL WTF.... I'm a female.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    i'm assuming this is a female with the avi and talk about whipping into shape for a birthday party.... Ol damon ass ? ...

lol
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

A fine female, at that.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options

so? woman the ? up then. put the little debbies and the gravy down and press play lol
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options
    can somebody lank me to some recover drinks...not sure wtf this guy talkin about

and ? pam blam with her cheating ass

Chocolate milk is a good recovery drink. That's what I've been using and it works. I drink about 2 glasses full of the ? after a workout and I'm barely sore the next day.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so? woman the ? up then. put the little debbies and the gravy down and press play lol

LOL im not a fat ass..... you right though, I'm going to stick with it
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh okay so recovery drink is post workout I thought it was during...ya'll just drink water through the workout?

them water breaks are like ? heaven when they are announced

Yeah drink water during the workout to rehydrate your self from all the sweating you do. After your work out drink your recovery drink that ? put a good 13 extra inches on my meat...............pause..................no ? . Yesterday I played ball for like 2 and a half hours and was sore as ? by then time I went home. Whole body was hurting. I drink my 2 glasses of chocolate milk and Im cool now, just a little sore. That ? reinvigorates you somethin serious fam.
    LOL im not a fat ass..... you right though, I'm going to stick with it

LOL stop frontin u know u in love with that gravy boat. Today is week two of chest, back, and ab ripper x. Gonna OD on it. Ima have to double up on the chocolate milk though cause I know this ? gonna whoop my ass!!!!
  • major pain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh okay so recovery drink is post workout I thought it was during...ya'll just drink water through the workout?

them water breaks are like ? heaven when they are announced

the recovery drink Tony talks about is nothing but an overpriced protein shake.... depending on your diet chocolate milk may not be the way to go for you.... in short you can use any protein shake that is cost effective for you
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the recovery drink Tony talks about is nothing but an overpriced protein shake.... depending on your diet chocolate milk may not be the way to go for you.... in short you can use any protein shake that is cost effective for you

A recovery drink isn't just a protein shake though. It needs to have 4:1 ration of carbs to protein, and have glucose for muscle recovery. A protein shake is mostly protein with very little carbs and sugars in it. It won't help your body with muscle recovery and you'll still be sore as hell when you're done. ? Michael Phelps uses chocolate milk as his recovery drink
  • major pain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A recovery drink isn't just a protein shake though. It needs to have 4:1 ration of carbs to protein, and have glucose for muscle recovery. A protein shake is mostly protein with very little carbs and sugars in it. It won't help your body with muscle recovery and you'll still be sore as hell when you're done. ? Michael Phelps uses chocolate milk as his recovery drink

Yea a lot of people do it, but chocolate milk has its downsides too. It is a good and cheap alternative though. No 1 solution is going to work for everyone, which is why I said depending on diet. If someone is planning on doing chocolate milk it should be the low fat stuff. He was asking about the recover drink so I gave him info because its a waste of money to buy that stuff they advertise on the DVDs.
  • longmeat
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea a lot of people do it, but chocolate milk has its downsides too. It is a good and cheap alternative though. No 1 solution is going to work for everyone, which is why I said depending on diet. If someone is planning on doing chocolate milk it should be the low fat stuff. He was asking about the recover drink so I gave him info because its a waste of money to buy that stuff they advertise on the DVDs.

The main issue was when you said he can use any protein shake for his recovery drink. A typical protein shake isn't going to give him the right amount of carbs and glucose needed to replenish his body.

the ? on the website is overpriced tho. i ain't payin that much for it. I'm lactose intollerent so i just bought some soy choc milk. it's my 1st time drinking soy milk tho so i hope the ? ain't nasty.