Experinces Of Growning up in White Society..

Options
mr.throwback
mr.throwback Members Posts: 34
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Can it be beneficial or a struggle? like going to an all white high school, haven to date nothing but white girls because of lack of diversity things along those lines..i got some experinces of my own..but i also went back to chi and seen my fam alot as well..

i know cats on her got some wild ass experinces post

Comments

• NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you and me can relate, grew up in white community, but spent a great amount of time in the nap so im very fam oriented. didnt go out too much though.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The key to understanding "white society" is knowing that white people don't go around thinking about being white all day. Life is just life, it's not white life.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can it be beneficial or a struggle? like going to an all white high school, haven to date nothing but white girls because of lack of diversity things along those lines..i got some experinces of my own..but i also went back to chi and seen my fam alot as well..

It can be both beneficial and a struggle. It's beneficial because it exposes you to a different culture and can make you a more well-rounded individual. The struggle comes with the fact that you're "different" and you may find it difficult to relate to an entire population who is the opposite of yourself. And also, when you're not like everybody else, you tend to get mistreated and made to feel like an outsider.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The key to understanding "white society" is knowing that white people don't go around thinking about being white all day. Life is just life, it's not white life.

This is 100% true
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options

i said experinces my guy, not understanding i understand it well beyond..i went to an all white high school with 2 other black dudes who was younger it was fun running thru snow bunnys but the minute this mixed chick came thru lookin like mya shiit i tried to wifer down..she wasnt having it from the start but she caved when it wasnt no other brothers around.
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options

being a black man, it aint easy. just sayin
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

White people except black people in there community/cirlce more then blacks do for whites.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

Thats his point. you label yourself as a black man. Instead of just being a man.
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It can be both beneficial and a struggle. It's beneficial because it exposes you to a different culture and can make you a more well-rounded individual. The struggle comes with the fact that you're "different" and you may find it difficult to relate to an entire population who is the opposite of yourself. And also, when you're not like everybody else, you tend to get mistreated and made to feel like an outsider.

Very true i felt some of that, cats had they own lil abercrombie clicks and ? ...and im wearing eynce jeans and jordans with a white tee
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Very true i felt some of that, cats had they own lil abercrombie clicks and ? ...and im wearing eynce jeans and jordans with a white tee

you can't look past the clothes?
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Very true i felt some of that, cats had they own lil abercrombie clicks and ? ...and im wearing ecko jeans and converse weapons with a white tee

• @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options

I dig. What I'm saying is that in general, "white culture" in the US doesn't imbue each white person with a sense of race awareness. The average white person doesn't think "How will what I do today reflect on white people?"

That's just in general, though. Obviously, there are pockets of white culture that are preoccupied with race. I call these pockets "The South."
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options

hell na it aint..i got sent to the office for refusin to read huckleberry fin, it was halrious though seein how nervous white kids was saying that n word and right then and there i took a stand haha
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    you can't look past the clothes?

i look past clothes alott them dudes was ?
  • mr.throwback
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^ why twist and turn funny tho
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i look past clothes alott them dudes was ?

lol. those abercrombie boys do tend to have their nose up there ass. they love the smell of their own farts.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hell na it aint..i got sent to the office for refusin to read huckleberry fin, it was halrious though seein how nervous white kids was saying that n word and right then and there i took a stand haha

the novel is anti-racism

but you couldnt deal with the fact that it has the word ? in it?

you missed the point.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the novel is anti-racism

but you couldnt deal with the fact that it has the word ? in it?

you missed the point.

? a huckleberry fin
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think its most difficult when you come back around black folk and they try to talk down on you
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dig. What I'm saying is that in general, "white culture" in the US doesn't imbue each white person with a sense of race awareness. The average white person doesn't think "How will what I do today reflect on white people?"

That's just in general, though. Obviously, there are pockets of white culture that are preoccupied with race. I call these pockets "The South."

i feel what u sayin, 4 real... well i grew up in missouri.. and i guess its considered "borderline south" i always called it the midwest though
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options

haha i aint mad at ya
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^ why twist and turn funny tho

i was bein serious lol.. those were my middle school days
  • goldenja
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    I think its most difficult when you come back around black folk and they try to talk down on you

im happy i never delt with that ? . im blessed that i had the best of both world. u know?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im happy i never delt with that ? . im blessed that i had the best of both world. u know?

Absolutely, having the best worlds has kept me from being an ignorant ass ? .