Your grown ass is too old to be shy

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Like real talk I feel like after age 25 you have no business being shy. To me, shyness is an indicator of lack of confidence or belief in ones self. which is understandable in your younger years -- theres still alot to learn.

At some point, you've got to be grown enough to accept and love yourself for who you are.

Not saying you must be the life of the party, but i brought this girl along w/ me with two of my friends, shorty was as timid as a field mouse.

Comments

• SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That a lil too simple.. there are more reason than you listed for being shy.. thats just the way some people are for whatever reason.. that person aint you and you aint that person.. Especially when shyness doesnt bother anyone else..

I mean ? by the age of 20people should have some common ? since and perspective.. and not do the stupid ? they were doing as a child but that doesnt change.. in a lot of cases you are who you are.. think about it.. idots have been idiots since the early days of school.. shy people have been shy all their lives you cant just turn off... your tendencies.. sure some people grow outof behaviors but more often than not that ? lingers.. and shyness is a lil less harmful than.. "RATCHETNESS" as the "COMMUN-"ITY" says
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who cares?

No ones gives a ? what you think.

I'm 18 and I'm shy as hell and I probably still will be at 25.

Mind yo ? business and stop complaining about ? that you can't relate to you ignorant ass ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »
    Who cares?

Mind yo ? business and stop complaining about ? that you can't relate to you ignorant ass ? .

Lol @ taking ? as a personal attack on you..

Smh ?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    INB4 Shy ? catch feelings

Edit: Too late
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who cares?

This explains your emotional post.

18 is too old to be shy son.

Ask your mom to locate your dad. Get a mentor.

Dont be a 25 year old shy man, old bashful ass lil ? .
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

...going hard...lol
  • Little JJ
    edited May 2011
    Options

I don't need no mentor, I'm fine the way I am and I'm not bashful or a scared-shy, i'm just introverted, there is a difference.
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I might come across as shy when I first meet people. That's because I have to get a feel for people before I'm comfortable opening up and being myself around them.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Loo..didn't you just say were shy in your thread about chilling at unknown dudes houses?

I can be shy at times but even then I try to fake it.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I might come across as shy when I first meet people. That's because I have to get a feel for people before I'm comfortable opening up and being myself around them.

this, except it still takes a long time and im still introverted..

or in other words im shy :(

yes i know, ironic..
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't need no mentor, I'm fine the way I am and I'm not bashful or a scared-shy, i'm just introverted, there is a difference.

I think this is a more accurate description for me too.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I talk too much to ever be considered shy.....
  • Little JJ
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think this is a more accurate description for me too.

Yeah I'm real introverted but only around ? or ? that I don't know to well.

I rarely initiate conversation with a random person...
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Loo..didn't you just say were shy in your thread about chilling at unknown dudes houses?

I can be shy at times but even then I try to fake it.

never said i was shy

that thread was about being an uninvited guest in a strangers home & how it creates an awkward situation.

dont do me, oh i went fishing saturday. first time ever. i was gettin my will munny on, caught a fish.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fishing is so boring though!

I went to Drink Houston on Saturday night...hadn't been there in years. Have you been to the new one?
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh and for the record, i have no issue with introverts..i like all ppl

i have my days where i dont wanna talk to anyone. like yesterday aint even leave the house

but dont front: when youre with a group of ppl and that ONE person dont be saying ? ..

it can be sorta awkward
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who cares?

40 year old ? post.
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    NO sign

MJ da GOAT(Jackson not Jordan) was shy and he was a world famous star

Some people are naturally shy and dont have outgoing personalities its encoded in their dna

Bad example

MJ was WEIRD as ? bro.

I know thats your fave musician, but dude had issues.
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @kat -- yeah fishing can be boring, but it was kinda cool cuz we had endless beer and crawfish

we were out in this COUNTRYYY ass place (sargent texas, at my homegirls family beach house)

these people were country but the sweetest folk on earth. just good hearted folk to the core

maybe i'll post some pics, it was a great day. and nah havent been to new Drink Houston yet
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That a lil too simple.. there are more reason than you listed for being shy.. thats just the way some people are for whatever reason.. that person aint you and you aint that person.. Especially when shyness doesnt bother anyone else..

I mean ? by the age of 20people should have some common ? since and perspective.. and not do the stupid ? they were doing as a child but that doesnt change.. in a lot of cases you are who you are.. think about it.. idots have been idiots since the early days of school.. shy people have been shy all their lives you cant just turn off... your tendencies.. sure some people grow outof behaviors but more often than not that ? lingers.. and shyness is a lil less harmful than.. "RATCHETNESS" as the "COMMUN-"ITY" says

Real talk my ? . SMH @ these internet ? . So full of confidence and all got huge nuts huh? SMH.

There might be different reasons why ppl are shy. Just like homeboy said, there's something about you that i can look at and say "SMH @ u being so and so old and still doin/being like that". It's easy to say that.

Wake up to the world. Being shy is human nature. Some people are just more shy than others. It's like when ppl say " jealousy is a female trait" mufucka no it's not. That's human emotion and all of us get jealous of ? wheter we admit to it or not. It all boils down to you controlling it. As long as you ain't hurting anybody else over those emotions, it's all good.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im not shy, im just not friendly
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Stevie wonder and Michael Jackson are my favorite musicians who are not rappers

MJ wasnt no weirdo you just regurgitating sensationalized tabloid ? that crackas wrote to bring him down and defame his legacy and character

What about derrick Rose he shy as ? and he's a nba superstar

so you saying michael wasnt weird
    you really sayin that
    that ? looked like pinochio before he died
  • missiamtheshit
    missiamtheshit Members Posts: 949
    edited May 2011
    Options

im the exact same way when i first meet a person. i have to feel a certain level of comfort before i can just be 100% myself
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Stevie wonder and Michael Jackson are my favorite musicians who are not rappers

MJ wasnt no weirdo you just regurgitating sensationalized tabloid ? that crackas wrote to bring him down and defame his legacy and character

What about derrick Rose he shy as ? and he's a nba superstar

Bruh dont be blinded by MJ's talent

If I made a thread titled "I like to sleep in the bed with other peoples kids, meet my pet monkey and i relate most to Peter Pan"

I'd be roasted into oblivion.