Your grown ass is too old to be shy

Options

Comments

• Im_Linx
    Im_Linx Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Maybe she didnt feel comfrotable with the people you made her be surrounded by.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im shy for bout 10 min say around a guy but i warm up quickly
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    shy girl -> less drama -> winning

not necessarily.

in my experience, shy women tend to give you more drama on the back end

and what i mean by that is, where as a reg chick may raise hell every so often, the shy chick tends to be more passive aggressive.

those are the types that'll be cheating for months on the slick over some ? you did that she presented as a non issue.

or, when she finally explodes its totally out of proportion (whats happening is your getting years of pent up frustration in one fell swoop)
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Did this site get hacked again. ?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    Did this site get hacked again. ?
    Not really, but kind of.
  • CrazyStraight
    CrazyStraight Members Posts: 86
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For real though I agree with both sides of this argument. I'm shy/ introverted. Some of my friends would disagree, but people who don't know me would completely agree, even go as far as to call me awkward. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. I see where dudes coming from saying how it's awkward when there's that dude in the room not saying ? too. For instance couple weeks ago I was at "my dude" house, and we been cool for awhile I just only met his roomate like 2 other times. Yadayada his roomate comes in and I try small talk with him but he ain't really saying ? , real short and sweet with me. So I stop talking and were all sitting there in silence for like 5 min, I catch these ? texting eachother then they start talking ? . Like it's some straight girl ? , you're sitting in the same room 2 feet away and you're texting about the other dude there, be manly ? . They were saying how my quietness was aggressive, so I got aggressive and started talking ? . It's like being shy is a disease, no one can really help it (accept when i was prescribed to adderral). When you're young people feel like they can pick on you because of it, but when you get older people are more like wAtch out for the "quiet ? " take it how you want but in a sense it kind of makes you feel superior. Ive analyzed myself alot and think of rhymes for it all the time. One that always stays is " my essence cs
    Carries a big presence". Good night, haha.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im shy until I start drinking.
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    im not shy i jus dont got ? to say
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To me, shyness is an indicator of lack of confidence or belief in ones self...

But there are some people ? just... for lack of a better term... ? ... have social disorders... porst-tramatic stress... etc.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im shy for bout 10 min say around a guy but i warm up quickly

Yo ? get wet quick huh.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    C/s this thread... shyness is for weaklings
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Basically. Sometimes ? just ain't got ? to say.

Now, if you're talking about situations were the ? should be obligated to speak up, but don't say ? , then that's a different story.

Edit: The first thing people ever heard me say in a group during freshman year at college was "? you ? !"
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    not necessarily.

in my experience, shy women tend to give you more drama on the back end

and what i mean by that is, where as a reg chick may raise hell every so often, the shy chick tends to be more passive aggressive.

those are the types that'll be cheating for months on the slick over some ? you did that she presented as a non issue.

or, when she finally explodes its totally out of proportion (whats happening is your getting years of pent up frustration in one fell swoop)

yeah you are right about that penning up frustration, happened to me before. the thing is both of them will start some drama at one point, but the shy one tends to do it in private and not on the regular. when you get the feeling she is loading up you can adress the issue in time.

the cheating stuff is a character trait that both can have, but speaking generally introverts tend to be more faithful which is only logic since they are getting less opportunities caused by their nature (common sense + scientifically proven)
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm not "shy", I am however laid back and observant. I take in my surroundings and get a feel for what is going on. That might come off as me being quiet at first but I have no problem holding conversations and getting involved in group discussions provided I feel comfortable. I'm not a social butterfly in the least bit but hold my own in group dynamics although I prefer small groups/1 on 1.

DAMN .....we fit like a too small tank top on Aretha Franklin...that whole paragraph is me righ'thurrrr
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    did u ask her why she didnt talk?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt consider myself shy. I'm just not about to open up and be super friendly to m'fuccas I don't know too well or dont like. A lot of people perceive that as shyness. It's not, it's just being smart about who I choose to converse with. Random thoght: Have yall noticed white folks will tell you ALL of their personal business within minutes of meeting them?? ? is so bizarre.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

this right chea. My white co-workers used to always ask me why I'm quiet. It's simple: because I dont got ? to say to yall. And not tryna partake in yalls boring ass conversation.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i don't believe anybody is shy, some people are comfortable around ppl they don't know, while others need 2 get a feel...
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yo ? get wet quick huh.

lmao!!!..........
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I might come across as shy when I first meet people. That's because I have to get a feel for people before I'm comfortable opening up and being myself around them.

that's reserved which I think is slightly different than shy. I consider myself reserved as well, but not shy
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How y'all define shy? I speak if there's a reason to speak, like if I got something to add to the topic at hand or I got a question....but I HATE small talk. Like ? dont ask me how the weather is today, cuz I'ma just give you the degrees. I'm not the ? weatherman ? they got a channel for that...? be expecting a whole detailed forecast n ? i be hatin' that man if aint ? to say then just enjoy the silence until you got something of substance to discuss. I don't even mind talking about sports as long as we engaged in a conversation of real substance, not some ol' "What highschool did you go to" type ? ...SIMEON ? WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!?!?!
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I walk around looking like ? Steve Urkel with social anxiety, mostly because I'm accustomed to unwanted, constant attention ("criticism") about my physical appearance and in general. I'd always been 'shy' but there was a time when I would readily tell people to shut the ? up or I'd beat the ? out of them.

I like shyness/social awkwardness in nerdy females. Dorky/humble people are more likeable, imo.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    people be trying to say im shy because i dont talk much around people when im on the sober. but really, people aint on my level and i will not dumb myself down..... sorry, i will not compromise my intergrity to conversate with people who are mentally still slaves. Thats why i hate going over people house because for 1. they set up aint never as boss as mine. 2. i hate answering questions if it aint a job interview. and 3. im 35. nuff said.

My peoples dont want me to talk. its best that i stay quiet because i really hate to be the one to tell them that there aint no santa claus.

so i be quiet. but when i be on the IC, i be talkin again.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »
    I don't need no mentor, I'm fine the way I am and I'm not bashful or a scared-shy, i'm just introverted, there is a difference.

you dont need a mentor. u just need the definition of "double negatives." lol

im kidding. but i could not pass it up. no off fence
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i remember a girl asked me why i don't talk... she then assumed i was being abused at home.... i then laughed in her face.... she walked off with a bitter look

i can also recall a ? telling me that i was shy, i'm like ? how you gone tell me what i am....i know me..... but i told her, i'm not shy.... then she was like oh ok ~ awkward silence~