do you ever hit the gym twice in one day

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Weight Room
for example in the morning and then again at night, is that something that is advised against?

Comments

• 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We would have 2- a-days for track during summer hell week.... that should be advised against because that was torture.
    I was doing 2x a day over spring break though. Cardio in the morning, and then a little more + weights after dinner. It's hard to keep that up though over a long period of time
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah. I have done splits before depending on how much energy I have. I see nothing wrong with training twice in 1 day. You just have to have enough energy for both workouts.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Only time i've done it is if I don't have enough energy in which case I'll do half of my exercises in the morning and the other half at night.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    They say that's what Hugh Jackman did to get in shape for Wolverine. I've been saying I'm going to try it in the summer because I have off summers but it hasn't happened yet.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've done it before. For example, I may workout on the Bowflex early morning and lift weights at night. I haven't worked out twice in one day in about a couple months, though.