Options
2»

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    total had some cool singles here and there, but lets be real..... them hoes could not sing a lick. tlc wasn't good vocally either.i will say though that they did have different styles. tlc was a little more funkier than total. total was kinda laid compared to tlc.

swv >>> tlc

xscape >>> total
    Co-sign that homie, they got by on beats alone.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Co-sign that homie, they got by on beats alone.

basically. bad boy producers, timbo, raphael saadiq etc. really helped them hide their weak voices behind the production.

similar to like what jam and lewis did for janet....(even though i love janet and her music).
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I disagree.

T-Boz and Pam could sing a lick and then some. Nowhere near the level SWV was/is on, but they could sing.
  • mrjun18
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    I disagree.

T-Boz and Pam could sing a lick and then some. Nowhere near the level SWV was/is on, but they could sing.

Their voices were mediocre homie...... Xscape, S Dub and Brownstone were the best female vocal groups of the 90's era.
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    Their voices were mediocre homie...... Xscape, S Dub and Brownstone were the best female vocal groups of the 90's era.
    Again, I'm not talking about who was the best. I'm simply stating that they could sing a lick and more. It's not a comparison thing.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't know, I was a fan of both TLC and Total.
    It was hard for me to pick one female group you had TLC, Total, SWV, EN Vogue, Changing Faces, Brownstone, Xscape and Kut Klose.
    I had favorite songs from all those groups, that was the good old days when u had soundtrack to your summer.

By the way, did anybody know that JaKima aka Kima's sister is Vita.
    U remember Vita from Murder Inc., that's her sister
  • mrjun18
    edited April 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I don't know, I was a fan of both TLC and Total.
    It was hard for me to pick one female group you had TLC, Total, SWV, EN Vogue, Changing Faces, Brownstone, Xscape and Kut Klose.
    I had favorite songs from all those groups, that was the good old days when u had soundtrack to your summer.

By the way, did anybody know that JaKima aka Kima's sister is Vita.
    U remember Vita from Murder Inc., that's her sister
    So was I....I was a fan of all them groups... they all had different vocal abilities, but then they also all had good memorable songs that bring back great memories.

Those were the days....