Options
StreetMediaZone
StreetMediaZone Banned Users Posts: 364
edited June 2011 in IllTek
there is a guy who claims to have hacked me
and is in the process of destroying my credit now i don't have a bank account
and i don't believe i have put my ss on the web

i have a cheap anti-virus
what all can he do and what should i do?

thank you

i am a humble an nice guy
your help will be appreciated

one luv

Comments

• Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you know how to ? a program download a good antivirus, install and scan your pc in safe mode.
    If you dont know where to download a full antivirus program and to ? it, download avg free edition and scan your pc in safe mode.
    If you dont know how to get your pc into safe mode, google it(pc safe mode). Its easy.
  • StreetMediaZone
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Piffawana wrote: »
    If you know how to ? a program download a good antivirus, install and scan your pc in safe mode.
    If you dont know where to download a full antivirus program and to ? it, download avg free edition and scan your pc in safe mode.
    If you dont know how to get your pc into safe mode, google it(pc safe mode). Its easy.

thanx i'm on it
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anything valuable on your computer? if you really REALLY wanna be on the EXTREMELY safe side just reinstall ur os...or do a system restore
  • StreetMediaZone
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anything valuable on your computer? if you really REALLY wanna be on the EXTREMELY safe side just reinstall ur os...or do a system restore

no just music i dont have a bank online bank acc. and i dont think my social is floating out there
    so
    what dose reinstalling os do

i ran avg in safe
    everything came up not tested

it's one of those freaks from the rumor board who threatened me
    said he was gonna buy his friends gift cards and ?
    I want revenge for the threat alone
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    invest in Kaspersky............
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no just music i dont have a bank online bank acc. and i dont think my social is floating out there
    so
    what dose reinstalling os do

i ran avg in safe

it's one of those freaks from the rumor board who threatened me
    said he was gonna buy his friends gift cards and ?
    I want revenge for the threat alone

im almost positive dude was just ? with u but if you do a system restore it will literally restore your computer to as if you just purchased it...all viruses gone...the downside is that this is really a last resort i only suggested it cuz u sound paranoid whoever claims to have hacked you prob is an amateur you have the email he sent you can track the ip i doubt he's gonna take any money if he even really hacked you....
  • StreetMediaZone
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Piffawana wrote: »

here is what he said in the rumor board in the ahh

DaSaint said:
    Shouts out to the board...and ?

looks around to make sho i aint dropping no gift cards and s**twhen i step over soon to be broke bummy ? with a credit score of negative -ooo7. Is that you momma or your wife ? ? She make some cool change...Checks mail box...Not yet...not yet

anyways slides out the back door throwing up the double YOU

none of my moms or girls stuff is on here only my my phone is my mommas name
    and i have never sent or received a email from him
    he claims to have gotten it through me posting messages on the rumor board
    i'm really tired of him threatening me i dont even
    post on the board anymore

can you help me please?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    first press ALT + F4

that will get you started
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i ran avg in safe

Ok just to make sure, run another scan in safe mode with Avast. This antivirus came out as the best in some tests and its even free. Uninstall the other one first.
    If nothing pops up then the dude was just playing.

If you wanna be sure if someone/anything cant connect to your pc again without you knowing use something like little snitch. It shows whenever something wants to connect to the internet. Littlesnitch is for mac but i think zonealarm is the same for windows.