[DROPPED!] Kendrick Lamar Section 80 - Album of the Year, Thus Far?

Options

Comments

• Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Definitely, is Keisha's song going to be a pop at Kei$ha or whatever her name is?

Also, it seems he switched up the production team from O.D:

KendrickOD1.jpg

Digi+Phonics is all over Section 80, but not on OD.

Yeah, I see what you mean:

Section80Back.jpg

There's quite a big difference

I doubt it'll be about Ke$ha... maybe Keisha Cole? Or just a girl called Keisha? haha
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^^^ Props.

haha maybe it will just be a girl called Keisha haha I don't think he'd have ties with a girl like Keisha Cole lol.

He's gone back more so to KENDRICK LAMAR EP Producer, Sounwave, he's produced double that he had on OD, that's amazin' 'cos I do prefer Kendrick Lamar EP a lot in comparison to OD!

20091228-KENDRICK.jpg

*EDIT* Now I think it's more a concept album, hence the front cover - with the gun etc. there seems to be stories told, like Her Vice, Her Evils, His Vice, His Evils, Her Pain, His Pain...

Sound right?

Also, someone should tell him Keishas should be Keisha's lol.
  • Food & Liquor
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I didn't realise that until now, should be good then

I think I'm gonna bump some older stuff by him before I get the album though
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I didn't realise that until now, should be good then

I think I'm gonna bump some older stuff by him before I get the album though

Definitely, a nice look for him making more of a concept...

What have you heard so far? Personally feel his first EP as Kendrick Lamar rather than K.Dot is his best disc, 'Kendrick Lamar EP'. 'Overly Dedicated' was nice too, but I still feel a little way away from his self titled EP.
  • Food & Liquor
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Definitely, a nice look for him making more of a concept...

What have you heard so far? Personally feel his first EP as Kendrick Lamar rather than K.Dot is his best disc, 'Kendrick Lamar EP'. 'Overly Dedicated' was nice too, but I still feel a little way away from his self titled EP.

I've only heard the EP and OD; I didn't get into him until not long ago so that's it so far
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've only heard the EP and OD; I didn't get into him until not long ago so that's it so far

Cool cool, tbh, I've not heard everything he's done as K. Dot, but he was young then and I won't find it as relatable given the tracks I have heard from him as K. Dot.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    off topic but if yall know about Black Hippy which is a group with Kendrick,AB Soul,Schoolboy Q and Jay rock. they got a mix tape out on datpiff. check it out. i jus finish downloading it gonna listen later
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? on every new "rookie" out there in the rap game

I'm looking at you Wiz....Big Sean.......hell maybe even Drake
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    off topic but if yall know about Black Hippy which is a group with Kendrick,AB Soul,Schoolboy Q and Jay rock. they got a mix tape out on datpiff. check it out. i jus finish downloading it gonna listen later

Props, will check tomorrow :tu
    m. inferno wrote: »
    ? on every new "rookie" out there in the rap game

I'm looking at you Wiz....Big Sean.......hell maybe even Drake

Fashawn is better, IMO; but Lamar is incredible still...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Will be checking for this........

Hopefully this ? can speed this damn Detox process up lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ive heard alot of good things about this guy. never got around to checking his albums or songs out, but i will definitely put it on my to do list. stoked to hear about a project with jcole too!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Will be checking for this........

Hopefully this ? can speed this damn Detox process up lol

lol that's still slated for a July release date, (yeah, right! lol)
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Ive heard alot of good things about this guy. never got around to checking his albums or songs out, but i will definitely put it on my to do list. stoked to hear about a project with jcole too!

Start with the Kendrick Lamar EP from 2009, it's incredibly fresh... J. Cole project has nothing confirmed on Wiki or anywhere I've looked, but would be a nice project, would prefer a solo album from Lamar though to drop in 2012 than a duet (lol) with J. Cole.
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options

Track off the tape:

Going to check that tape now, thanks a lot for this one... 3 days!
  • satyrone
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Track off the tape:

Going to check that tape now, thanks a lot for this one... 3 days!

SAFE!!!!!...yea ive been listening to this today and its pretty dope
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    SAFE!!!!!...yea ive been listening to this today and its pretty dope

Been listening too, unsure what to make of the artists I haven't heard on there, but will listen more in the next few weeks :tu
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kendrick's voice/flow gets annoying after while. too mush mouthed. He got skills and may be a great MC for many otehrs to enjoy, but he just has one of those factors that I won't be able to get past even if he drops 10 Illmatics lol.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kendrick's voice/flow gets annoying after while. too mush mouthed. He got skills and may be a great MC for many otehrs to enjoy, but he just has one of those factors that I won't be able to get past even if he drops 10 Illmatics lol.

Lol. 10 Illmatic's and still no love?! Damn!

His new official video: Tammy's Song: Her Evils. Looks like the concept is correct, there are two 'evils', two 'pains' and two 'vices'.

Quite like the track, but the over use of the word n!gga, is a bit annoying...
  • satyrone
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nice!! lmao @ the end of the song tho. cant wait for tomorrow
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

I agree with this... his voice and flow is hard to listen too he lyrically dope and has ill concepts but his voice makes it tough to listen too.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lol. 10 Illmatic's and still no love?! Damn!

His new official video: Tammy's Song: Her Evils. Looks like the concept is correct, there are two 'evils', two 'pains' and two 'vices'.

Quite like the track, but the over use of the word n!gga, is a bit annoying...

IMO this is perfect example of his voice issue.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nice!! lmao @ the end of the song tho. cant wait for tomorrow

LOL! That is funny, I like the production on this track, but I prefer him over a more laid back beat speaking the truth... and although he's speaking the truth, it's just about some women and their poor choices... be interesting to see what he brings tomorrow, can't wait though!!! Agreed!
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I agree with this... his voice and flow is hard to listen too he lyrically dope and has ill concepts but his voice makes it tough to listen too.

You not find his flow fits on any songs that you've heard from him? I am someone who usually has a problem with flows, but Kendrick's to me, is dope. I have listened to him for hours at a time in the past, :unno
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    IMO this is perfect example of his voice issue.

I like it :unno but I don't think this is one of his best tracks...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nuthin' wrong with his vocal tone to me
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Nuthin' wrong with his vocal tone to me

Chris Breezy, Dilla?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chris Breezy, Dilla?

Yep

Proud and happy for the kid after a torrid 2010

Bounced back and owns 2011!

BTW very cool conceptual video from Lamar and a very funny title LOL
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yep

Proud and happy for the kid after a torrid 2010

Bounced back and owns 2011!

BTW very cool conceptual video from Lamar and a very funny title LOL

What's he doing in 2011? I always liked his first single and that track that urm... well, I don't remember the name of it, but it was good, the one after he beat up Ri Ri.

Yeah, I feel like the beat is nice as well and I was unsure on it at first, just hope he doesn't change his concept and keeps it conceptual, rather than going to the regular '? track'. Which I would be deeply disgusted with considering he found himself in 09... to find the industry in 2011, would be a bad look, unless it's 09 Lamar shining for himself.