Dead Nation

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in IllGaming
This game is being slept on here in the Arcade. If you enjoy the Zombies on CoD, you'll enjoy this ? too. It's the perfect zombie survival game, the weapons are just right for the game, there isn't a need for over the top ? here. As a free game I don't see why anyone doesn't have it and isn't playing it, it's damn good for a free game. I'm almost done with it, I'll need someone to beat it co-op soon.

? ass creatures though? Screechers, them dudes aren't hard to ? but ? because when they scream they bring in hoards of zombies. SMH @ graveyard taking me a while to beat in that last part.

Comments

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I got that game and Wipeout HD which I haven't played yet. The thing I have to used to is aiming and which button to use for shooting.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Man, don't jump on that "vibe syndrome" ? here, R1 is to shoot and R3 is to aim and all you do is spray, this ain't call of duty. The controls are gonna be a bit weird at first if you're used to playing FPS constantly but after the first level you should already be caught up to knowing all the buttons.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea, I just got it this week. Played it for about an hour on Monday night. Fun game, but takes some getting used to (aiming)
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I completed mission 2 today. The game is fun.
    I try to slash as many as possible!
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I only slash when I'm cornered or there's a few lonely ? around, you can't slash hoards and expect to live. I mainly use the rifle, just because you literally cannot run of ammo because it's unlimited on that gun. The SMG runs fast as ? . The Blade Cannon is great for huge hoards but a waste of money tbh, the rifle does a great job at slaughtering hoards of zombies fast. The Shock Gun is dope, ? pops off heads quick status and sends shock waves over all zombies that are bunched together.

As for the weapons, upgrade all stars for your rifle & smg. Then purchase the flame thrower and shock gun, imo those are the best to buy and work extremely well. I haven't bought the rocket launcher yet as I don't see a point to do so and I don't want to ? myself either lol

Also, upgrade all your grenade, flares, mines and dynamite asap.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it's a shame there are no bosses in this game. and the story is wack as ? , but for what it is, a free game it's not so bad. this game gets hard as ? in the later levels, even on lower difficulties. i don't even really ? with the right stick to aim, it's just awkward. i found it to be more efficient to master the dash and melee skills. make sure you have both the shock gun and the blade gun maxed out for the last level, you will need it.

still looking for a co-op partner for that gold trophy.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The SMG is weak as ? and the flamethrower is useless since when you light them on fire, they're still alive. The Launcher, Shocker and Blade Cannon are the most useful in the last stages. Maxed out mines do wonders too since it's 5 explosives for every mine.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The SMG is weak as ? and the flamethrower is useless since when you light them on fire, they're still alive. The Launcher, Shocker and Blade Cannon are the most useful in the last stages. Maxed out mines do wonders too since it's 5 explosives for every mine.

smg is handy in the early levels and if your completely surrounded. first gun you should max out is the rifle. take down mobs of zombies with a single bullet if timed correctly, plus it will get you used to aiming early on.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So the Blade Cannon is useful. I'm just starting Mission 9, and up until now I've used the Blade Cannon like twice. It is getting pretty hard though, the Graveyard had me scrambling to ? them screechers in those buildings fast as hell. Those "bombie" guys help you more so than do damage, first off you hear 'em and when they explode they take out any near by zombies. It is a shame though there isn't a boss any where, that would've been epic. The flame thrower to me is hella useful when they're running into a compact entrance and you're backed up, you just set a barrier of fire and it slows them down greatly, it does ? them but not all of them. It doesn't automatically ? off the slightly more stronger zombies; firemen, police, fatmen, football team etc type zombies. After I'm done, I'm either gonna go for a co-op or maybe just try it on the easiest level to get that trophy and a few others then try all the harder ones to get a trophy. LOL at them giving you a trophy for beating ONE level on the most hard, that ? must be ? crazy..
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I need to go back and play this some more. But I also picked up Ratchet & Clank off the EU Store. That is sweet.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What about the shot gun lol I haven't even bought that yet and I'm sure it's too late to buy it and get it all upgraded
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So the Blade Cannon is useful. I'm just starting Mission 9, and up until now I've used the Blade Cannon like twice. It is getting pretty hard though, the Graveyard had me scrambling to ? them screechers in those buildings fast as hell. Those "bombie" guys help you more so than do damage, first off you hear 'em and when they explode they take out any near by zombies. It is a shame though there isn't a boss any where, that would've been epic. The flame thrower to me is hella useful when they're running into a compact entrance and you're backed up, you just set a barrier of fire and it slows them down greatly, it does ? them but not all of them. It doesn't automatically ? off the slightly more stronger zombies; firemen, police, fatmen, football team etc type zombies. After I'm done, I'm either gonna go for a co-op or maybe just try it on the easiest level to get that trophy and a few others then try all the harder ones to get a trophy. LOL at them giving you a trophy for beating ONE level on the most hard, that ? must be ? crazy..

the last section of the last stage is a ? ? . they send mad mini bosses on your ass. dashing for a little bit to get them in a cluster and then hit them up with the blade cannon. i'm sure there are other ways, but this was the easiest for me.

edit: shotgun is a POS
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Downloaded it, haven't had a chance to play it yet
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I played that ? for like 20 minutes.... It seems like a decent game.. I'll probably play it one day when I wanna play something out the norm

lol cs........
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea I got this but i'm the type to play one game at a time, when i finish Brink, it's Infamous and then this.........thats if i don't cop LA Noire on payday.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Rocket Launcher >>>> wack ass blade cannon
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    On mission 5 now. This game is SERIOUS.
  • Piffawana
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just finished mission 8.
    Lol at the end of graveyard. At one point there were so many, looked like i didnt know wtf i was doing.
    I did tho because i made it first try. I went rambo with the bazooka!

@killa wait till you get to the graveyard.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Piffawana wrote: »
    Just finished mission 8.
    Lol at the end of graveyard. At one point there were so many, looked like i didnt know wtf i was doing.
    I did tho because i made it first try. I went rambo with the bazooka!

@killa wait till you get to the graveyard.
    LOL I knew t here would be a bazooka eventually in the game. Had to be.

Any no smart person would go to a graveyard during a zombie outbreak.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Love this game
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? @ highway to hell lol
  • Piffawana
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    ? @ highway to hell lol
    Im at the highway too. Dunno why but when they charge at you with 20+ at the same time all i wanna do is rush at em and slash lmao
    Turns out the shotgun is fkn boss. You just have to wait till they are real close to you and it takes those big jumpers out with one shot
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im at the highway too. Dunno why but when they charge at you with 20+ at the same time all i wanna do is rush at em and slash lmao
    Turns out the shotgun is fkn boss. You just have to wait till they are real close to you and it takes those big jumpers out with one shot

Which difficulty setting are you on?! You must be on braindead if your shotgun is taking out the jumpers in one shot. Hit up Undead difficulty son...
  • Piffawana
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Which difficulty setting are you on?! You must be on braindead if your shotgun is taking out the jumpers in one shot. Hit up Undead difficulty son...

Finished it on normal first.
    Im cleaning on braindead now for the trophies. Then ill go for undead.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Finished it on normal first.
    Im cleaning on braindead now for the trophies. Then ill go for undead.

Exactly what I'm doing. I almost had that ? damn "skilled" trophy, where you go untouched the whole game and I got scratched lol mad as hell. I keep getting 94% loot found as well..