Ayo, why was Punk wearing a Stone Cold t-shirt?

Options
AK.aPHillYisILL
AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
I havent seen anyone bring this up yet so... I thought that was kind of funny. And that "shoot" (even though it was a work) promo Punk did was probably one of the greatest promos I've ever seen. I know this ? is a work. If it wasn't, Punk would of been cut off way sooner then it did. WWE would be crazy to just let this guy walk. CM Punk could be the new Austin with how this ? is going.

Comments

• AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And if the WWE, Vince are smart about this, they know that they have something special in Punk. It's time for someone else to be the top guy. Punk has the overall package n/h and could be that guy to get the WWE back to where it once was. Let's get past this PG ? phase they going through and get back to that Attitude Era ? . This could be something that WWE desperately needs. We will see how much impact this ? has once the ratings come out.
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited June 2011
    Options
    we been tallkin bout it ....stone cold tweet it too said he dont know why he had his shirt on but nice promo lol
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And if the WWE, Vince are smart about this, they know that they have something special in Punk. It's time for someone else to be the top guy. Punk has the overall package n/h and could be that guy to get the WWE back to where it once was. Let's get past this PG ? phase they going through and get back to that Attitude Era ? . This could be something that WWE desperately needs. We will see how much impact this ? has once the ratings come out.

exactly!!!! after that vid i saw, i just became a punk fan. let the attitude era begin...i hope.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think the shirt was a subliminal and an homage to Austin's shoot on WCW in ECW.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    I think the shirt was a subliminal and an homage to Austin's shoot on WCW in ECW.

That was also one of the all time great promos that Austin did.

That CM Punk promo last night kind of reminded me of that promo Austin did when he beat Jake The Snake Roberts at KOTR and hit us with that legendary... "You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere. You talk about your psalms, you talk about John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!" And the rest was history. I just had that same feeling that I got from that Austin promo to Punks. It could be the start of the CM Punk era??? Who knows?
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That was also one of the all time great promos that Austin did.

That CM Punk promo last night kind of reminded me of that promo Austin did when he beat Jake The Snake Roberts at KOTR and hit us with that legendary... "You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere. You talk about your psalms, you talk about John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!" And the rest was history. I just had that same feeling that I got from that Austin promo to Punks. It could be the start of the CM Punk era??? Who knows?

but they need to give him better cast then who in the nexus now ...idk
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? the Nexus. Let Punk go back solo and get the WWE by storm and keep with the I don't give a ? attitude he's been runnng with lately.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? the Nexus. Let Punk go back solo and get the WWE by storm and keep with the I don't give a ? attitude he's been runnng with lately.

This. Punk doesnt need a crew with him. Yo better by hisself. WWE should understand that and Punk should too. This ? need to stay his ass in WWE lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CM PuNK IS WHAT WWE NEEDS RIGHT NOW
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ayo we might as well change this forum from off the turn buckle to CM Punk. Punk owns this place right now!
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Because "Austin 3:16" is a statement, it means something...think of Austin's breakout moment and how it affected everything, even Paul Heymans shoot on Vinny Mac Paul was wearing his "Stone Cold Hat" reppin' 3:16... Punk even threw a shout out Paul's way
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Because "Austin 3:16" is a statement, it means something...think of Austin's breakout moment and how it affected everything, even Paul Heymans shoot on Vinny Mac Paul was wearing his "Stone Cold Hat" reppin' 3:16... Punk even threw a shout out Paul's way

Paying homage to a new era and I think they knew Punk's promo would stir ? up. I'm just glad that if we do head into a new era they chose Punk to do it.
  • northwest443
    edited June 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Paying homage to a new era and I think they knew Punk's promo would stir ? up. I'm just glad that if we do head into a new era they chose Punk to do it.

Told my girl this same statement 2 days before Raw and then I saw the show and it just made me happy to see him go off the way he did...This could be that moment that we all have been waiting for in Professional Wrestling!
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Punk, Austin shirt, bringing up the 3 biggest ass kissers in WWE history and going off on Vince and his family was ? priceless! The Stone Cold shirt and the viscous, rebellious promo he cut was paying homage to what the WWE use to be and I hope this is the end of the PG Era and back on that Attitude Era ? .
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I can whoop your ass backwards!!! Lol
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Attitude Era is always looked at with rose colored glasses....lots of matches sucked with way too much interference and overbooking
    plenty of bad gimmicks and tasteless segments
    nothing will beat the atmosphere and pops of the Attitude Era

but no thank you
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Punk, Austin shirt, bringing up the 3 biggest ass kissers in WWE history and going off on Vince and his family was ? priceless! The Stone Cold shirt and the viscous, rebellious promo he cut was paying homage to what the WWE use to be and I hope this is the end of the PG Era and back on that Attitude Era ? .

So The Rock was an ass kisser?
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    So The Rock was an ass kisser?

I don't ? know if he was or wasn't? Hogan was though and so is Cena. Why would he be right about those to and not be right about The Rock? I never liked The Rock and I don't like the fact that for someone who hasn't wrestled in 8 years or whatever the ? how long and he's going to be in the main event at WM next year!?!? What the ? is that ? ?
  • northwest443
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I never liked The Rock and I don't like the fact that for someone who hasn't wrestled in 8 years or whatever the ? how long and he's going to be in the main event at WM next year!?!? What the ? is that ? ?

2797.jpg....................