What sports moments are overrated to you?

Options

Comments

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I think you crazy. Jordan snatched that ? soul with that shot. the whole arena was energized. Elo hit that huge shot they thought they'd finally won it.

Jordan hit that shot and crushed the whole arena's soul. Definatly not an over rated moment.

But since we're on the subject of Jordan. His "from the freethrow" dunk was over rated as an actual moment. But not over rated as a whole because it ended up being his shoe trademark. One of the most well known symbols in the country (world maybe?). But the actual dunk itself? MEH!

Actually, the Jumpman logo is an image of Jordan doing a ballet jump for agility training, not the freethrow dunk. One of the most popular myths going.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All The Patriots Super Bowl wins, they act like they blowed out the teams they played when they were lucky to win it.
    In all three Super Bowl's Adam Vinateri should have been the MVP, they won all three by a field goal, WOW SUCH A DOMINATE TEAM!

Horace Grant being lifted up on The Magic's shoulders after beating Chicago in The 1995 Semifinals, he acted like he won the championship in Chicago and then Orlando get swept in The Finals Lol.

Dirk Nowitzki in The 2011 Playoffs, It was sicken how they was licking his nuts all Playoffs, dude did good but for them to try to compare him to Larry Bird or Michael Jordan was getting out of hand. And lets not get on "The Flu Game" Lol, Really. They said it was a sinus infection, I have had that before and I went to work with it, I was working in a ? factory working 12 hours with it, he was running up and down a court for 48 minutes or less. It wasn't that special!
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jordan's shot over Ehlo??? Or am I crazy....

1st thing I thought of. It was a 1st round game, and they lost in ECF I think.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not a single moment, but Brady breakin Manning's single season TD record.
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Warren Sapp breakin sacks record, when Favre took the fall.

Favre, breakin Marino's records. Marino>Favre
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kimbo Slice in MMA. To much hype.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man they overblew Curt Shillings ? sock. to this day I feel it was fake
    Dirks flu game

co-sign....

I watched that game and at the time I thought they was over blowing that ? . Its not like he was playing through pain. He was so doped up he didn't even feel it. They coulda just taped it up.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    All The Patriots Super Bowl wins, they act like they blowed out the teams they played when they were lucky to win it.
    In all three Super Bowl's Adam Vinateri should have been the MVP, they won all three by a field goal, WOW SUCH A DOMINATE TEAM!

Horace Grant being lifted up on The Magic's shoulders after beating Chicago in The 1995 Semifinals, he acted like he won the championship in Chicago and then Orlando get swept in The Finals Lol.

Dirk Nowitzki in The 2011 Playoffs, It was sicken how they was licking his nuts all Playoffs, dude did good but for them to try to compare him to Larry Bird or Michael Jordan was getting out of hand. And lets not get on "The Flu Game" Lol, Really. They said it was a sinus infection, I have had that before and I went to work with it, I was working in a ? factory working 12 hours with it, he was running up and down a court for 48 minutes or less. It wasn't that special!

cosign the bolded
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i'll say the steve bartman foul ball play is overrated, nobody ever brings up the fact even after that moment that Shortstop Alex Gonzalez Had a Picture Perfect double play ball hit right at him and he just all out butchers it, and til' this day nobody brings that up , they just bring up Steve Bartman

Double Play would have ended the inning also....

i felt like Gonzalez play was more of a fail than bartmans , Alou still would have had to make a tough play even if the fan wasnt in the way....But gonzalez ? was hit right at him afterwards...but yet it's hardly ever brought up
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the iverson cross vs jordan is wayyy overrated, like ok he got some space and made the shot, its not like mj fell. im sure other players have gotten shots up over mj lol
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i'll say the steve bartman foul ball play is overrated, nobody ever brings up the fact even after that moment that Shortstop Alex Gonzalez Had a Picture Perfect double play ball hit right at him and he just all out butchers it, and til' this day nobody brings that up , they just bring up Steve Bartman

i felt like Gonzalez play was more of a fail than bartmans , Alou still would have had to make a tough play even if the fan wasnt in the way....But gonzalez ? was hit right at him afterwards...but yet it's hardly ever brought up

or the fact that, that was game 6, not game 7, they still had a chance to win the series
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »

Favre's records & SB ring>>>>>>>>>Dan Marino's entire career

As far as most overrated moment in sports I got to go with that AI crossover on MJ. Yea it was nice but Jordan recovered quickly and got back on Iverson like it was nothing. And LMAO at The Shot being overrated! MJ took everyone's soul in that arena.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Jordan switching hands vs. the lakers
    GTFOH....that ? was epic
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This....

1297295125.jpg

...I mean, it was a big game (obviously) and a big play. But if you look at that catch, that's the kind of ? TE's in the game today do all the time. There are clutch plays and catches in *EVERY* game, so I never quite understood why that was so lauded. I think I saw 87 year old Tony Gonzalez do that like 5 times last year....

tony-gonzalez-prm.jpg
    x350.jpg

Especially when he was younger...

340x.jpg
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bill Buckner especially since media wants you to think hes the reason they lost the world series

there was a game 7 folks

James Harrison td in the superbowl not a cards fan or anything but there was so many ? penaltys on that play

Derek Jeter flip vs Oakland or any player Derek Jeter does for that matter
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    man when Pujols retires that home run on Lidge is gona be in his highlight reel sht was clutch
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »

Michael Strahan.......
    IDK if that moment is overrated. Everyone knows it was a wack gimme.

I was gonna say Lebron's buzzer beater vs. the Magic

The immaculate reception helped the Steelers get their first playoff win right? I hate that play. Can't lessen the impact of it on the game that was played. But it's more of a flukey play than a result of crazy skills and execution so I hate when plays like that are overhyped.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bill Buckner especially since media wants you to think hes the reason they lost the world series

there was a game 7 folks

James Harrison td in the superbowl not a cards fan or anything but there was so many ? penaltys on that play

Co-sign.

That kinda ? irritates the ? out of me, and it shows who really knows the game and who don't.

Like I was talkin' to this dude about that 1998/99 Viking/Falcons NFC Championship game. ? was using that "If dude wouldn't have missed that kick" ? .

Smh. That wasn't the last play of the game. *AND* the Vikings STILL LEAD BY A TOUCHDOWN. Yet, they allowed the Falcons to march down the field on that ass, tie up, go to overtime, Falcons marched on that ass AGAIN, and hit a field goal.

Ol' 25% of the story tellin' ass ? . lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

iAll The Patriots Super Bowl wins, they act like they blowed out the teams they played when they were lucky to win it.

CAN NOT co-sign the underlined. A win is a win. I don't think anybody is claiming the Patriots are the most dominant dynasty in history. But multiple rangs is multiple rangs no matter how you slice it -- and that's coming from somebody who DOES believe Tom Brady, Belichick and co are HIGHLY overrated. (but underrated in the cinematography category.)

DEFINITELY co-sign the bolded. The reaction to that series is so filled with hypocrisy it ain't even funny.

Let me get this straight, you make fun of a dude for not winning a championship in his 8th year at the age of 26, but you worship a dude who it took 13 years to get his first ring????

Imagine the ? people would talk about Lebron if he was 13 years in with no rings.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

If you look, he wasnt the only one who reached for the ball. So Bartman was just the 1st one to get it. But cubs fan need a scapegoat (no pun intended) to blame all their problems on.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They put the ? sock in the hall of fame doe...
    -________________-
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cosign on both Bartman and Buckner. neither game was a clincher and the Cubs still had a chance to win that series, Bartman didn't end the game. and with Alou having ? all over his hands, he probably wouldn't have even caught the ball.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Most if not all of the baseball stats before baseball was desegregated. Can you imagine if some of the cats from the ? League were allowed to play Major League Baseball during the time that MLB was segregated?
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the way the media(espn) had all this coverage of basically lebron after the heat lost.....i mean i couldnt turn it on without the bottomline showin tweetes,quotes...clevelands reaction.....2 me they ran that ? way to much...dude team lost...congrats to the other team and keep it movin....