First Mission: Impossible 4 Trailer Hits

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First Mission: Impossible 4 Trailer Hits
Ghost Protocol is a go
29 June 2011 | Source: Yahoo

While the footage leaked online via some sneaky French cinemagoer, the first, official trailer for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol has officially arrived in shiny HD and you can watch it below.

And… Blimey. Though we realise it’s just a trailer and we’ve been burned before, this really does look like a heck of a lot of fun.

Running through the checklist of Things What We Want To See In That There Mission: Impossible Franchise, this promo for Brad Bird’s first stab at the Ethan Hunt story ticks ‘em all off – Tom Cruise performing daring stunts, things going boom, sexy people (in this case, Paula Patton for the lads, Lost’s Josh Holloway and putative future focus Jeremy Renner for the ladies, fast cars, betrayal, and Simon Pegg back as tecchie comic relief Benji Dunn (getting out of the lab this time around).

Kicking off with the Kremlin going kablooey and the entire IMF team disavowed (a way to get them deep undercover so they can sort out the situation), this is predictably a blend of big set piece moments that that theme tune getting remixed with even more pounding enthusiasm than usual. But ? it, if it doesn’t do the job with verve and gusto. Your thoughts? Speak them up below or on The Twitters.

The movie, which will need to live up to this promise, arrives on December 26.

James White

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31359

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn that ? looks good.. Wait, where my nig Ving Rhames at?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    paula patton can get it
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Say what you want to about Cruise, the dude gives 110 percent in his movies.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looks awesome.....I've always enjoyed the MI films they've all been action packed with good storylines
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looks awesome.....I've always enjoyed the MI films they've all been action packed with good storylines

first one was the best imo
    the one from john woo was lame as fuccc
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the first one was great

second was garbage

3rd was really good

the 4th looks to be great, but where is Ving
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Where Ving at? Don't tell me they took his character out for another white boy
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Was already checkin for it. Trailer doesnt change that. I see Paula Patton sexy ass!! Ving Rhames is supposed to be in here though from what I read
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ving rhames is in the movie.

calm down people.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tom cruise back tom cruise back!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looks pretty

but this guy cannot get a film role without him producing or calling the shots?

Where's the love?
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Looks pretty

but this guy cannot get a film role without him producing or calling the shots?

Where's the love?

You don't know about that BAWSE status
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tom cruise back tom cruise back!

Co-sign, this ish looked dope as hell when I saw the trailer during "Transformers 3". The story looks tight and the action and stunts. Tom might mess around and drop the best movie of the series. At 1st I didn't like the title, "Ghost Protocal" but after seeing the trailer, title sounds dope too. Overall I will be checking this out. It's coming out around Christmas time so that's great we will get a solid action film during a time when there are nothing but drama's.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jeremy Renner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Enjoyed MI3 alot, this one looks promising.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    You don't know about that BAWSE status

LOL

After that Oprah stunt . . .

And when you start going into Part 4's of a franchise you've done ran outta ideas
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol @ everybody (myself included) wondering if Ving Rhames was in this. Jeremy Renner is what makes me want to see this movie the most though
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tom cruises last go round
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Brad Bird directed The Incredibles.

Hell yes I'm watching it.

Of course Tom is about to ? this ? as well.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited October 2011
    Options
    New Ghost Protocol Trailer Arrives
    'We all have our secrets...'
    28 October 2011 | Written by James White | Source: Yahoo

The first trailer for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol was an impressive burst of adrenalin-pumping action, and the new promo is clearly engineered to keep that tradition alive while adding just a little bit of extra plot and another moment for Simon Pegg to inject some humour. Take a look below.

In this instalment of Ethan Hunt And His Team Have A Very Bad Day, we find the IMF agents dealing with their usual round of betrayal and bombings. After a mission at the Kremlin goes spectacularly wrong thanks to a double cross and a very large explosion, Hunt (Tom Cruise) and co are told that Russia considers the incident an act of war and in response, the US government is implementing Ghost Protocol. What’s that? That would be disavowing the entire Impossible Mission Force and classifying them as renegades. When their convoy is shot up and several members are killed, the remaining team of Hunt, Brandt (Jeremy Renner), Benji Dunn (Pegg) and Jane Carter (Paula Patton) must use what resources they have left at their disposal and track down the people who are truly responsible. But is there a traitor lurking in their midst?

The likes of Ving Rhames, Josh Holloway, Michael Nyqvist, Anil Kapoor, Tom Wilkinson and Lea Seydoux are also aboard the film, which Brad Bird directed and will be out on December 26. You may start humming the iconic theme tune… now.

And before we forget, there's loads more about the film in the new issue of Empire, in shops now. Get it even if you have to break into the server room from the outside.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32349
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • S.jR.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The answer to the Ving Rhames question..
    Ving Rhames, who has become the king of low-budget straight-to-DVD films, is threatening not to return for "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol," despite being the only actor besides Tom Cruise who has starred in all three previous installments.

"I don't know [if I'll be in the film], we're negotiating money," he explained. "If I'm not paid properly, will I be working with [Cruise] again on this one? No."

Rhames added: "I live a very simple life. If I'm supposed to make $7.7 million dollars and they're offering me $3 million, I don't know if that's going to work. I did the last one for more than $3 million, there's no misunderstanding - it's $7.7 million or no!"

$7.7 million is a high price-tag for an actor like Rhames, especially since both Robert Downey Jr and Shia LaBeouf earned less for "Iron Man 2" and "Transformers 2."

Source: Independent

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20117#ixzz1c5qbf5Js

Hence him not being in this one.. smh
  • S.jR.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    But I noticed that poster at the beginning of the trailer and don't be surpised/? off if Tom Cruise plays the main character from Assassins Creed (when they make a movie out of it.).. lol

Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol-first-poster.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    New M:I 4 Character Banners Online
    IMF assemble!
    14 November 2011 | Written by Phil de Semlyen | Source: Imp Awards

Okay, you know the drill. There's a new Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol character banner online courtesy of IMP Awards and it will self-destruct - although possibly only if you drop your computer out the nearest window.

The banner shows the key members of IMF - Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise), Brandt (Jeremy Renner), Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) and Jane Carter (Paula Patton) - although strangely there's no spot for Josh Holloway's ? Trevor Hanaway. Cue six bajillion Lost fans throwing their computers out the nearest window.
    56062.jpg

Back for a fourth outing, IMF are left out on a limb when the US government initiates 'Ghost Protocol', basically a fancy way of imposing a big old death sentence on Hunt and his team. Luckily they've got ingenuity, improvisation and more disguises than a Scooby-Doo villain's wardrobe at their disposal.

Amid the fraught spy antics, we've also noticed that if you take out the Ethan and Brandt segments, you've got the poster for an online dating rom-com we'd quite like to see...

ghost-protocol-copr.jpg

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is out in this part of the world on Boxing Day.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32466