Do You Frown Upon Women Who Have Children Young?

Options

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    No, I don't "frown" on it although it would generally be better if they waited until they were older and more prepared to be mothers (pretending, for conversation sake, that I'm not an anti-natalist). I don't see why anyone needs to have children in their 20s.

You're an anti-natalist?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Nope... everybody makes mistakes and I rarely judge people.

If she's real enough to call her child a "mistake", I'd actually date her. I'd even go for her saying the kid is, "The best mistake I ever made". I'm not a complete ? about it.

Other than that, I'm frowning.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You're an anti-natalist?

I'm an anti-natalist.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    If she's real enough to call her child a "mistake", I'd actually date her. I'd even go for her saying the kid is, "The best mistake I ever made". I'm not a complete ? about it.

Other than that, I'm frowning.

Yh but them kids might not be mistakes...Accidents...Surprises...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm an anti-natalist.

A liberal like you?...(Well I assume you're a liberal)...What country you in?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yh but them kids might not be mistakes...Accidents...Surprises...

I can dig calling it an accident, but a surprise? They must still believe in ..........

boy_stork_tnb.png
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A liberal like you?...(Well I assume you're a liberal)...What country you in?

I'm in Canada. People should have the right to reproduce, I just think they should avoid doing so, for the time being, for ecological and philanthropic reasons.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm in Canada. People should have the right to reproduce, I just think they should avoid doing so, for the time being, for ecological and philanthropic reasons.

If you could..How long would you stop people from havin' babies?
  • SupremeMagnetic
    SupremeMagnetic Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    having kids young is not a new phenomenon. it's the circumstances that surround it. Is she a child bride? is the man significantly older? is it someone her own age? do they plan on building a family together, etc

I still frown upon all of this too...
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I frown on women who have kids in their 20s out of wedlock more so than kids having kids. A woman in her 20s should know better. Kids having kids is mostly a parenting fault.

Both camps have zero value to me as a mate, however.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »
    I frown on women who have kids in their 20s out of wedlock more so than kids having kids. A woman in her 20s should know better. Kids having kids is mostly a parenting fault.

Disagree...Parents get the blame for everything...You're 14/18 you should be slick enough to use protection...And which set of parents get the blame?...b.mamma or b.daddy>
  • SupremeMagnetic
    SupremeMagnetic Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Disagree...Parents get the blame for everything...You're 14/18 you should be slick enough to use protection...And which set of parents get the blame?...b.mamma or b.daddy>

cosign @ bolded
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »

people can choose to have kids in their 20's outta wedlock as long as they can take care of them... what's the big deal? if it was a 40yr old single woman who was artificially inseminated because her bio clock was running out.

you gonna tell her she less than wifey material and should know better
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited June 2011
    Options

Both sets. Unless the male is over 21, in which case, that's another discussion. You SHOULD BE, but bad parenting can create idiots, or undisciplined kids.
    coby vibes wrote:
    you gonna tell her she less than wifey material and should know better
    I do it all the time. I'll date women, find out they have kids, and I make it very clear to them I can't be in a long term relationship. I will still try to have sex with them, but I try to be honest about the long term situation. Some men feel very differently, and they deserve the option to meet each other.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes and no, I just look at it like wasted youth, someone who will never live up to full potential. But I've known some pretty impressive young women who juggled a kid at the same time, so I guess it depends on the person and the circumstances.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No one has the right to look down on another person for any reason really. You've never been in that person's shoes so you can never know the circumstances they've lived in. As far as being attracted to a woman with kids...negatory homes. She has to be extra spectacular to hold my interest if she already has kids, even if she's been married. I saw what my uncle went through marrying a woman who already had a kid and her babies daddy causing all kinds of drama in their life so nahh my G.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Na, unless they lost their figure...

Then I'd be like what a ? ' waste SMH.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I do a little bit. But only because I know her life isn't gonna be the same and she's gonna have to put some ? on hold. It's more out of pity because she won't get to fully live her life and find out who she is yet before she has to be responsible to tell somebody else how to live.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    :shrugs: "Hoes go' be hoes so I couldn't blame Tammy" -Lil Wayne
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    No one has the right to look down on another person for any reason really. You've never been in that person's shoes so you can never know the circumstances they've lived in.

I disagree. Some people, especially older people, have been in another person's shoes before. And just because you haven't been in that person shoes doesn't mean that they aren't worthy of being looked down upon for whatever reason.

As for the thread's question, yes I generally tend to frown upon women (and men) who have children young. Kids shouldn't raise kids.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't care less what others chose to do in their lives.

Do you look down on hoes who are attention ? ? just asking....
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nope that's their past and most important THEIR BUSINESS!!!
  • El oh El
    El oh El Members Posts: 323
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No not at all. I normally laugh.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I generally do. Even if they do turn out to be a "success".
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    id hit it tho..