It Was Written or Atliens?

Options

Comments

• jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1996 is the greatest year in hip hop. Refute it.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Because tommy doesnt like aquemini it makes him an outkast hater?

No cause this ? just said The Love Below is the 2nd best Kast album ever AND Aquemini sucks yes thats some weird ? *jordan shrugs*

Lmao @ being a weirdo cuz I dont like that album

If someone said thriller was wack then u can call em a weirdo aquemini is not my style

Sorry

We entitled to like what we like ,we'll just leave it at that

Cool as Ill just leave it as you a are very unique individual. Better?

Whats your top 5 albums btw. Just outta curiosity
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you sig makes your opinion on the comment carry no weight....

Because I have Illmatic in my sig?
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1996 is the greatest year in hip hop. Refute it.

um very arguable but I know 1994, 1991, 1990, and probably any year between 1990-96 are competiton IMO
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2011
    Options
    colton wrote: »
    um very arguable but I know 1994, 1991, 1990, and probably any year between 1990-96 are competiton IMO

Honestly, Ion see how it's even a competition.

The Score which was the best album of that entire year in all genres
    All Eyez On Me
    Reasonable Doubt
    It Was Written
    ATLiens
    Ironman
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    atliens easily

it was written got the side eye when it dropped..none of that "classic" talk..none of that ? . people were like wtf

now, when atliens first dropped it wasnt that well known..but it picked up steam afterwards...it was loved back then...not on no "in recollection, its alright" type ? like iww
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    atliens easily

it was written got the side eye when it dropped..none of that "classic" talk..none of that ? . people were like wtf

now, when atliens first dropped it wasnt that well known..but it picked up steam afterwards...it was loved back then...not on no "in recollection, its alright" type ? like iww
    That's dumb logic to Compare 2 albums
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you feel how you feel...thats cool

now tell me what im saying isnt true
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, Ion see how it's even a competition.

The Score which was the best album of that entire year in all genres
    All Eyez On Me
    Reasonable Doubt
    It Was Written
    ATLiens
    Ironman[/Q

1990 - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, People Instinctive Travels, Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em, Mama Said Knock You Out, Wanted Dead Or Alive
    1991 - The Low End Theory, Death Certificate, De La Soul Is Dead, Naughty By Nature
    1994 - Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Diary, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

just the first few albums that instantly popped in my head once again I think its arguable for me too close to call
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Saying one album is better then the other because You felt it was loved or more popular in a certain year IS ? . IWW was one of the biggest albums of 1996 anyway. it's a hip hoP classic
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    AEOM was more loved in 96' then RD, doesn't mean it's in the same league as an album
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Saying one album is better then the other because You felt it was loved or more popular in a certain IS ? . IWW was one of the biggest albums of 1996 anyway. it's a hip hoP classic

you wont tell me i wrong, cause you know what im saying is right

people like to look back and revise ? ...hoisting ? on a platform decades later

youd swear reasonable doubt was some sort of mega new york street classic when it dropped...but that ? got lost in the shuffle....then he became a star afterwards and now he and his entire catalog is golden and rd is a "classic"

same thing w/ nas....around qbs finest iww wasnt considered no damn classic...none of his was other than illmatic. "1 hot album every ten year average" was some real ? . Now nas emerges triumphant w/ a fairytale victory and an album w/ mixed reviews transforms into a "classic" later

most nas fans didnt even ? w/ him till AFTER ether...jumped on the bandwagon
  • Stew
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you sig makes your opinion on the comment carry no weight....

My sig would mean Wale is the GOAT, ? that makes no sense

I dont have one

Life After Death
    It's Dark and Hell is Hot
    Stillmatic
    Death Certificate

Are some of my favorites

I'm biased towards new york they got the best rappers to me

You mentioning being biased(bout time homie) is respectable, most ? wont even dare say they bias. Respect. That is all
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD is classic material and IMO based on just the music the best album of 96'.(Yes better then ironman,Score,IWW aeom makeveli)It's a crime for hip hop to sleep on that album. So your basing IWW not being a classic album because at the time it got bad reviews? Some albums are misundestood at the time and can be appreciated later over time.

you wont tell me i wrong, cause you know what im saying is right

people like to look back and revise ? ...hoisted ? on a platform decades later

youd swear reasonable doubt was some sort of mega new york classic when it dropped...but that ? got lost in the shuffle....then he became a star afterwards and now he and his entire catalog is golden

same thing w/ nas....around qbs finest iww wasnt considered not damn classic...none of that ? "1 hot album every ten year average" was some real ? . Now nas emerges triumphant w/ a fairytale victory and an album w/ mixed reviews transforms into a classic later

most nas fans didnt even ? w/ him till AFTER ether...jumped on the bandwagon
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Albums can be lost in the shuffle and be looked later as classic. FACT, not EVERY album that's considered classic had to be deemed that at the time.

Of course theres some you just know the first time hearing like Ready To die for example but it's not always the case
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD is classic material and IMO based on just the music the best album of 96'.(Yes better then ironman,Score,IWW aeom makeveli)It's a crime for hip hop to sleep on that album. So your basing IWW not being a classic album because at the time it got bad reviews? Some albums are misundestood at the time and can be appreciated later over time.

thats real ? and i can respect it...but these fanatics and stanatics make that type of ? skewed. deeming it "classic" cause they are on their nuts, versus the album really being classic in its own right. i seldom hear that ? w/ more obscure rappers...only those who exploded
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Based on the album why isn't IWW not a classic? There's one ehh song and thats Nas is Coming
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm going to go with ATLiens, I listen to it more frequently
  • Stew
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Based on the album why isn't IWW not a classic? There's one ehh song and thats Nas is Coming

Cause its kinda boring to be honest and Nas is my #1
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    My sig would mean Wale is the GOAT, ? that makes no sense

You mentioning being biased(bout time homie) is respectable, most ? wont even dare say they bias. Respect. That is all

you know what the ? i meant breh....play dumb with somebody else
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I tend to bump IWW more, but in terms of production and mood ,ATLiens has little competition.
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ REASONABLE DOUBT BEING BETTER THAN THE SCORE

Son, no one was even checking for that album in NY. I remember cuz I was there that entire summer. That ? was getting ZERO burn. But Killing Me Softly and If I Ruled The World dominated the airwaves.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ REASONABLE DOUBT BEING BETTER THAN THE SCORE

Son, no one was even checking for that album in NY. I remember cuz I was there that entire summer. That ? was getting ZERO burn. But Killing Me Softly and If I Ruled The World dominated the airwaves.

Cosign this powerful post.

RD isn't a top 5 rap album released in 96.
  • jackthemack
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I mean it's still a great album but it's not better than The Score or IWW. It's more of in retrospect kind of classic.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I mean it's still a great album but it's not better than The Score or IWW. It's more of in retrospect kind of classic.

Not saying it's not a great album. It's just hilarious to see it mentioned in the same breath as Illmatic, 36 Chambers, etc.. as the greatest album ever when no one was even checkin for it when it dropped.