Most underrated/most overrated luxury car brands

Options

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have a Lexus so naturally I hate BMW's and their owners but the 3 Series is perfectly rated at #1 in its class the 6, and 7 now thats a different story
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I disagree champ

my 750 is GOAT LOL
    as far as mercedes vs. BMW, mercedes stay in the shop way more vs. BMW
    every ? I know with a benz stay talking about how they ? always in a shop
    and most ? complaining about BMWs don't take care of them properly :shrugs

them ? ass ? stay buying hand me down benzes....SMDH
    i own a 7series, so i know, they r trash, also own 5series, which 10x better and 6series, i know my bimmers, left them alone for MB
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    them ? ass ? stay buying hand me down benzes....SMDH
    i own a 7series, so i know, they r trash, also own 5series, which 10x better and 6series, i know my bimmers, left them alone for MB

what year?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My 2K 540i is still rolling strong like a champ
  • louis rich
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what year?

2001 740il traded for 2003 new body 745il which is the trash model
  • blakfyahking
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2001 740il traded for 2003 new body 745il which is the trash model

that explains your beef with 7's then cuzzo

cause obviously you were feeling BMWs for a minute, cause you chose to upgrade from an E38 to an E65

the 01 7 series was a beast IMO

but the 2002-2003 745s were decent, but they had too many problems cause they were the 1st versions of the new 7 at that time

I bet if you had a 750li you wouldn't have such an aversion to the 7 series as you do now

I got an 07 750li, pretty much all the issues with the 745s have been fixed...................S-Classes tho still got multiple problems

I was looking at the 2011 S550 last month as a matter of fact, and the car was acting up at the dealership before I could even get it off the lot to test drive it SMH
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What you guys think about Volvos?
  • louis rich
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that explains your beef with 7's then cuzzo
    cause obviously you were feeling BMWs for a minute, cause you chose to upgrade from an E38 to an E65
    the 01 7 series was a beast IMO
    but the 2002-2003 745s were decent, but they had too many problems cause they were the 1st versions of the new 7 at that time
    I bet if you had a 750li you wouldn't have such an aversion to the 7 series as you do now
    I got an 07 750li, pretty much all the issues with the 745s have been fixed...................S-Classes tho still got multiple problems
    I was looking at the 2011 S550 last month as a matter of fact, and the car was acting up at the dealership before I could even get it off the lot to test drive it SMH

pretty much agree wit what u said, beside the bold, but E38 made me like 7s, bigger was the point but it will never drive/feel like its siblings 6/5/3....but i never had no issue with my 550, i get top notch service 4 my ? , most dudes who have issues, cars had multiple owners, beside female drivers, i drove the 750, felt the same way as my 745, nothing new or luxurious about it, "facelift and fix problems really?" this time i want luxury and beamers dont have it, im sure its great but i wanted better
  • blakfyahking
    edited September 2011
    Options
    pretty much agree wit what u said, beside the bold, but E38 made me like 7s, bigger was the point but it will never drive/feel like its siblings 6/5/3....but i never had no issue with my 550, i get top notch service 4 my ? , most dudes who have issues, cars had multiple owners, beside female drivers, i drove the 750, felt the same way as my 745, nothing new or luxurious about it, "facelift and fix problems really?" this time i want luxury and beamers dont have it, im sure its great but i wanted better

yeah the 7 isn't supposed to feel like its siblings..............the 7 feels different cause you have such a large vehicle in comparison to the others

so the driving experience is different..........you don't have the same cockpit feeling of the 6, or the small maneuverability of the 5/3 -series

but driving a 7 with the sports package is still like driving aircraft IMO...............my ? feels like a fighter jet with the custom exhaust

but as far as luxury, I agree Mercedes>>>>BMW in that dept. my only beef is mercedes looks way better and offers more luxury verses BMW, but their functionality and performance has been lacking in recent years

I love the look of the s-class and the CLS, but their performance ain't where it should be to spending that kind of money

SMH @ the new s-class coming with Continentals as OEM tires..............they can do better than that
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Benz>>>Jaguar>BMW>Audi>>>>>>>Lexus/Cadillac
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Toyota isn't considered a luxury car brand, but I do agree with you. Lexus looks nice, but non-luxury car brands like Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, and a few others look better than it.

Isnt a Toyota Avalon just a lexus on a budget anyway? If you cant get one get the other.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Isnt a Toyota Avalon just a lexus on a budget anyway? If you cant get one get the other.

lmao Pretty much. That's Lexus' cheap brother.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    oldhead77 wrote: »
    the new Lincoln MKS luxury cars aint too shabby neither

looking to get an MKZ as we speak
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What you guys think about Volvos?

good car but not really luxury

maserati is an underrated luxury car

dont really like beamers to me they overrated
  • killap
    edited September 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Audi>>>>Lexus

Take that ? back!!!
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Take that ? back!!!

Nah,those new ones is killin.

AUDI>LEXUS
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Audi>>>>Lexus

Audis are nice, but still are very unreliable.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Isnt lexus just like glorified toyota camrys?
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »

Exactly why i say audis....audis stand out specially with those head light fronts....got ? tryna throw audi lights on a chevy caprice.lol
  • killap
    edited September 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    How so? They dont look the same, have the same features or the same engine. The only ones you can argue that are similar to Toyota would be an IS250 because it has an Avalon engine or the IS300 because it has a Supra engine, but that is where the similarities end...There is no current Toyota that compares to an IS350 or ES350 speed or features wise, of course looks are objective.
  • killap
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nah,those new ones is killin.

AUDI>LEXUS
    Look at the A$ vs the IS350 similar in price but the A4 really does not compare...The IS350 is much faster has more features, more reliable and so on and so on. I do think the Audi looks better but a grown man cant have 4 cylinders under the hood.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Look at the A$ vs the IS350 similar in price but the A4 really does not compare...The IS350 is much faster has more features, more reliable and so on and so on. I do think the Audi looks better but a grown man cant have 4 cylinders under the hood.

A 4-cylinder engine is VERY weak!
  • naomi shambles
    naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Chevrolets

Nissan Altimas
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What do you guys think about the luxury brand, Saab?