Uncanny X-Force (Wolverine,Arch-Angel,Deadpool,Fantomex,Psylocke)

Options

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno, Fam. No spoilers have come out saying who she is.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is that? a girl fantomex?

its EVA, the ship fantomex use to ride in

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Release date is December 19 for the final issue^^^

some info on the new Uncanny X Force

The Marvel NOW! train continues to roll on, and with Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force close to wrapping up, that paves the way for a new number one issue and a new creative team on what’s been one of Marvel’s best books over the past 2 years. Earlier today, Marvel Comics hosted a press conference featuring new Uncanny X-Force writer Sam Humphries and X-Books line editor Nick Lowe to discuss what readers can expect this January from Uncanny X-Force.

Out of the gate, Sam Humphries explained that some of the details of the book be discussed or divulged for fear of spoiling or revealing how Remender’s run ends, but Humphries promised to do his best to provide some insight into the book. Before getting into the details of the book, both Humphries and Lowe expressed how excited they were for fans to see Ron Garney’s art on the book. Lowe explained that Garney was being inked by Danny Miki and would continue the dynamic look and feel of the title adding that “Ron is kicking so much ass on the pages.”

As far as details of the book, here’s the details we were able to glean from the call:

The events of the book have a direct tie to the end of Remender’s run on Uncanny X-Force
    The new team consists of Psylocke, Storm, Puck (from Alpha Flight), Spiral and a new character named Cluster (but referred to as Lady Fantomex)
    More information on Cluster comes in Uncanny X-Force #35
    The team will feature other characters that have not been revealed yet
    The villain is Bishop, who has returned from the future
    The first story will be set in Los Angeles

With the details out of the way, Sam Humphries classic style of enthusiasm was present when discussing Uncanny X-Force. Stressing the fringe aspect of Uncanny X-Force, he explained that while the team has evolved and changed from the original “Mutant ? Squad” mandate, they’re still the edge team of the X-Men Universe, willing to go and do the things that the other teams won’t, or can’t. Humphries explained, “My mandate is to deliver something you can’t find anywhere else. There’s a real freedom in that… your job is to do the crazy thing…”I promise you, Marvel will occasionally regret giving me that freedom.” Humphries further went on to expand on the position the characters are in, ranging from Psylocke, who’s been affected by the events of Remender’s run; Storm, who’s been recently dumped by the Black Panther; Spiral, who has a long history of conflict with Psylocke; and Puck, who, coming from Canada and Alpha Flight plays the role of the wildcard. Lowe specifically compared Puck to Fantomex in Remender’s run, promising that Puck will be the breakout star of the book.

With all these details about story and characters answered, I was left with one question for Humphries:

iFanboy: What is Psyclocke getting the other team members for Christmas?

Sam Humphries: If there was an Uncanny X-Force Secret Santa, Psylocke would be the least enthusiastic in participaing in such a thing right now… What Puck would give everyone in the Secret Santa would be a hunting knife, and some beer. And probably some buffalo steak from a buffalo he just killed.

Nick Lowe: Betsy would just give gift cards. We’ll get a sponsor for Uncanny X-Force and then we can have her give American Express gift cards.

With that important question out of the way, Uncanny X-Force #1, written by Sam Humphries with art by Ron Garney, comes out in January 2013. You can see the cover to the first 3 issues, plus some black and white Garney art from issue #1 below:
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    final issue dropping tomorrow!
  • requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I stopped reading after they got rid of Archangel. Dude was my favourite mutant and they killed him and gave Warren back the regular wings. What good are those?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ending was dope, now we know where fantomex girl comes from lol
  • louis rich
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »

i was wrong, she one of fantomex persona

• Bcotton5
    Options

i was wrong, she one of fantomex persona

Evil Fantomex brain came out too

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new Uncanny X-Force dropped yesterday. It's now Psylocke's team.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    I'm not really feeling this new team. Hopefully a heavy hitter will come aboard if not this team is the weakest team Xforce has ever had.

lol at Fantomex kissing his female self also

It explains why Psylocke is mad.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    I'm not really feeling this new team. Hopefully a heavy hitter will come aboard if not this team is the weakest team Xforce has ever had.

lol at Fantomex kissing his female self also

It explains why Psylocke is mad.

Plus, she has a LONG standing gripe against Spiral. Rogue and the Scarlet Witch as teammates will seem like best friends compared to Spiral and Psylocke.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    yea I dont see how Psylocke and Spiral will get along is she free of Shadow King?
  • black caesar
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    yea I dont see how Psylocke and Spiral will get along is she free of Shadow King?

Last I remember Cyclops had locked the Shadow King in a black telepathic box. So I was confused when he was in Uncanny X-force. (Yes I've been reading X-titles for years.) I think that Shadow King is from AoA.
  • louis rich
    edited January 2013
    Options
    SMDH @ these 2 new wack ass X-forces teams,
    Cable
    Colossus
    Forge
    Dr Nemesis
    Hope

Domino

Storm
    Psylocke
    Fantomax
    Spiral
    Puck
    names in bold are NOT bout that life, marvel should gave scott the x-force name wit cable and a few others to run wit him
    R.I.P to illest
    uncanny-x-force-artwork-collection-team-cover.png
  • black caesar
    Options
    Cable
    Colossus
    Forge
    Dr Nemesis
    Hope

Domino

Storm
    Psylocke
    Fantomax
    Spiral
    Puck
    names in bold are NOT bout that life, marvel should gave scott the x-force name wit cable and a few others to run wit him
    R.I.P to illest

Nah B. Cable & X-Force is good. The writing has been on point for the 3 issues so far.
  • louis rich
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Cable
    Colossus
    Forge
    Dr Nemesis
    Hope

Domino

Storm
    Psylocke
    Fantomax
    Spiral
    Puck
    R.I.P to illest

Nah B. Cable & X-Force is good. The writing has been on point for the 3 issues so far.

im just saying the new cast is weak compared to the previous squads, i enjoyed cable book so far, but im sure marvel and i know they could of add better mutants with the ? gene
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable
    Colossus
    Forge
    Dr Nemesis
    Hope

Domino

Storm
    Psylocke
    Fantomax
    Spiral
    Puck
    R.I.P to illest

im just saying the new cast is weak compared to the previous squads, i enjoyed cable book so far, but im sure marvel and i know they could of add better mutants with the ? gene

They already stated that uncanny xforce ain't a ? squad
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is nightcrawler in that picture aint he dead?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh man storms wearing a Mohawk again, kinky! *drool*
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is nightcrawler in that picture aint he dead?

Different universe's Nightcrawler
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started ? with this... Dope...
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Im gonna check out Cables book
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So I just finished the original 37 issues.

Was impressed initially.

Was put off by the sudden change of artist and the subpar works that followed.

Story wise I was digging it.The Archangel Arc was great, but after that was a bit too much for me. Time traveling, dimension jumps, and omniverse nonsense ain't my cup of tea. Felt like they were just complicating for the sake of complicating.

I liked all the characters. Great to see a series where all the team members get to shine in every issue. Loved Dead Pools dialogue. Fantomex was surprisingly good as well. Wolverine was wolverine.

Psylocke wasn't what I expected. Granted it's been years since I've seen her character, so the woman I remember is from the Mutant Genesis and X- Excutioners Song days. Over a decade of foggy impressions. All I remember is a sexy ninja assassin that was seducing Cyclops. Her being the guilty conscious of the team was surprising and disappointing of my previous impression. I thought she would fit the idea of the team well, but seems to me she ain't have the stomach for it. Not to take away from her many efforts that saved the team. And apparently she died and been resurrected before ... interesting.

Archangel excelled my expectations as a hero and a bad guy. Fell into the role of super villain very well. Surprising and well done. I'd say him and Betsy both bit off more than they could chew with X Force. They didn't have the spine to do what the kind of jobs X Force takes and that was ultimately the groups down fall I say.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Cable & X-Force vs. Uncanny X-Force coming in January. I was waiting on this crossover since both books came out.

Hope and Cable are not going to be happy to see Bishop again.