what system is better....360 or ps3?

Options

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    - blu ray is only an advantage if u buy blu rays, if u donwload BRrips or BDrips (HD basically) they play on both 360 and ps3...personally i dont buy dvds or blu rays, i download n then stream all my ? ...

ps3 can play mkv files now???? or only through streaming?

ps3 owns all btw.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    ps3 can play mkv files now???? or only through streaming?

ps3 owns all btw.

you can convertk mkv with a program called mkv2vob...but i dont ? with them no more like i said...BDrips and BRrips is were its at...the files are much smaller than regualr bluray movies which are huge...br n bd rips are like 1-2 gb and the same quaility...the group i get my ? from all the files come as .avi and the quailty is always top quaility usually 1080p

http://filesharefreak.com/2008/11/19/blu-ray-brrip-bdrip-two-new-xvid-hd-formats/

^explains bd n br rips...

cop em from any torrent site...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - blu ray is only an advantage if u buy blu rays, .

Actually, no. Blu Ray is an advantage in that we can get larger games (content) on one disc instead of switching between 2 and 3 discs. Like you said..........this is 2010.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ps3 games I have bought that have let me down

Resistance 2
    Kz2
    M.A.G
    Uncharted 2 MP SP is dope though

none of these games IMO are ? with Gears, Mass Effect, or L4D and games like COD play better on LIve then PSN and I have FIOS ? 25 down 15 up dedicated connection with open NAT settings. I play games for the online expereince not for some web browser and to watch HD movies. PS3 is far better when it comes to the bells and whistles though.
  • da scope
    da scope Members Posts: 43
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Depends on what games you like. I got both... I usually play my multiplayer games on the 360 because I have more friends that own it... and usually play single player games on my PS3..... all in all, i play them both equally. But I think if more of my friends owned a PS3, then I would be on that more often.... just my preference.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

Resistance 2
    Kz2

M.A.G

none of these games IMO are ? with Gears, Mass Effect, or L4D and games like COD play better on LIve then PSN and I have FIOS ? 25 down 15 up dedicated connection with open NAT settings. I play games for the online expereince not for some web browser and to watch HD movies. PS3 is far better when it comes to the bells and whistles though.

u lost with that one there first off even 360 fanboys will admit the greatness of killzone 2 no way u can say that game doesn't compare when Everybody knows it ? on just about any fps...u probably didnt like the "heavy controlls"

now resistence 2 was a personal favorite of mine graphics weren't as good as they could have been but it fits like how borderlands does....no denying the brilliance of the online play of that game...60 man deathmatch or skirmishes with NO lag at all...probable the best online co-op game i have ever played(loved the fact that u could do split screen co-op online with two different psn's logged in)

u got me on mag even though i heard its good when everybody has mics and are team orientated

uc2 mp was meh not bad but not drawing me in either
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - blu ray is only an advantage if u buy blu rays, if u donwload BRrips or BDrips (HD basically) they play on both 360 and ps3...personally i dont buy dvds or blu rays, i download n then stream all my ? ...

- free online is def an advantage imo, i'll never ever pay to play online, ? is dumb..its 2010.

- damn...they still using batteries over there at microsoft ?...what about wireless ?...bluetooth is def an advantage ...again...its 2010

- lol...im actually shocked at this...no wireless router support ?...i think u might actually be wrong....do u mean wifi built in ?...i thought 360 supported it...shame on them if it doesnt...but its only an advantage if u have wireless, i have it n it was easy as hell to set up on the ps3...and again...its 2010...

- internet is browser is the ? , i use it on the ps3 to watch ? on youtube or on gametrailers....but i guess its not that big of a feature, but it def comes in handy.

all in all...360 is an econmy console n ps3 is a premium console...its like comparing a mercedes to a ford fiesta...

dont think twice, cop a ps3.

No, it supports wireless. You just have to pay an additional $100 for it. :td

Getwitcha
  • John_Blazini
    edited March 2010
    Options
    for got to add infamous.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    u lost with that one there first off even 360 fanboys will admit the greatness of killzone 2 no way u can say that game doesn't compare when Everybody knows it ? on just about any fps...u probably didnt like the "heavy controlls"

now resistence 2 was a personal favorite of mine graphics weren't as good as they could have been but it fits like how borderlands does....no denying the brilliance of the online play of that game...60 man deathmatch or skirmishes with NO lag at all...probable the best online co-op game i have ever played(loved the fact that u could do split screen co-op online with two different psn's logged in)

u got me on mag even though i heard its good when everybody has mics and are team orientated

damn ? dont ether the boy blazini now...hes already in his flooded basement apt without a lifevest.

anyways R2 deathmatches sound pretty good. are ppl still on it heavy like that?
  • John_Blazini
    edited March 2010
    Options

I didnt really care for Kz2 SP was meh MP was cool but for a short time. ? I even was rockin my 360 controller to play it. ? was just too chaotic for me. whats good with this GOW though? i need something else for my Ps3 im selling MAG ? awful.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn ? dont ether the boy blazini now...hes already in his flooded basement apt without a lifevest.

anyways R2 deathmatches sound pretty good. are ppl still on it heavy like that?

ranked deathmatches are a hassle to find but as far as unranked yea it be bout 5 different rooms with 40plus ppl in each they like 10rooms with 20 or so
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Once halo reach drops ? are gonna forget what a ps3 is
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Once halo reach drops ? are gonna forget what a ps3 is

lol this is probably true unfortunately. but i dont think its gonna convert ppl to 360, just make the ones they already have happier, like ? of War 3 did.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    PS3. Close thread
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and f*** a Halo Reach.
  • vageneral08
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol this is probably true unfortunately. but i dont think its gonna convert ppl to 360, just make the ones they already have happier, like ? of War 3 did.

Yeah but GOW is different it doesnt come with a new installment within 1-2 years.....halo is like a series once it drops something new ? turn into fiends
  • vageneral08
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and f*** a Halo Reach.

yeah I see the hate
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2010
    Options

Resistance 2
    Kz2
    M.A.G

Seems like the majority of the games you play are shooters and FPS' mostly. Thats something I've noticed, people that like shooters prefer the 360 while people that prefer the PS3 like a variety of genres.
  • John_Blazini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Seems like the majority of the games you play are shooters and FPS' mostly. Thats something I've noticed, people that like shooters prefer the 360 while people that prefer the PS3 like a variety of genres.
    I play other ? like RPGs and adventure games my home boy keeps telling me about some game called demon soul or something like that. ? I play what ever games i think are good. Like I said online is the most important feature to me. I just prefer the 360 community as a whole more. I wish they put more effort into the console hardware like the Ps3 but that stuff is not too important in the end for me.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I play other ? like RPGs and adventure games my home boy keeps telling me about some game called demon soul or something like that. ? I play what ever games i think are good. Like I said online is the most important feature to me. I just prefer the 360 community as a whole more. I wish they put more effort into the console hardware like the Ps3 but that stuff is not too important in the end for me.

Demon Souls supposed to be real good. Got 9.5 + reviews and Gamespot gave it Game of the Year. But I hear its real difficult.
  • Bodhi
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Demon souls is boring, IMO
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Co sign i know it got good reviews but couldnt get into it
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Haven't played it myself, but IMO, most RPG's are boring
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Actually, no. Blu Ray is an advantage in that we can get larger games (content) on one disc instead of switching between 2 and 3 discs. Like you said..........this is 2010.

lol...i didnt even think of that...

360 seems to be inferior in alot of ways...

i predict b4 the ps4 n the xbox 720 drop....30-50% of the 360'ers will have converted to ps3 by then...

the 360 will be nothing but a glorified sega dreamcast

uggghhhhh
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol...i didnt even think of that...

360 seems to be inferior in alot of ways...

i predict b4 the ps4 n the xbox 720 drop....30-50% of the 360'ers will have converted to ps3 by then...

the 360 will be nothing but a glorified sega dreamcast

uggghhhhh

Not gonna happen, 360 is killing PS3 salewise in NA and don't look like sony ever gonna overtake them