Kanye West...The Most Important MC For The Last 10 Years...

Options
Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
edited July 2011 in The Essence
I was debating this in the barbershop the other day and to me this is an easy choice. I'm not saying Kanye is the best lyricist or the best freestyler. I'm just saying he's the most IMPORTANT mc. I mean, Dude actually talks about stuff...important stuff. Self esteem (“All Falls Down”), hardships and struggle (“Spaceship”), religion (“Jesus Walks"...and lets’ be clear, this dude did what NO OTHER MC has EVER been able to do. Which is to have "everyone in the club everybody screaming out…Jesus Walks”), conflict diamonds (“Diamonds from Sierra Leone”), addictions (“Addictions”), how success is a double edge sword (“Welcome to Heartbreak”), break ups (“Blame Game”) the struggle to do right ("Can't Tell Me Nothing"..."I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven/when I awoke I spent that on a necklace/I told ? I'll be back in a second/man it's so hard not to act reckless.") and I could go on and on. Not to mention dude sells a RACK of records, won a RACK of awards, no album sounds the same, has a DOPE stage show...if Ye's not the most important, who is? Also check out my best of Ye as well as the original "College Dropout" with some bangers that didn't make the final cut...

http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2011/07/microphone-master-somebody-tell-these-n.html