CM Punk, what's the real word?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Is he really done or is it still a storyline? I know he isn't listed as champ or even on the roster and he's said he's an unemployed WWE champ. Does anyone know if this is him really leaving allowing the WWE to open up for something else new or is it still unknown? If it's still unknown it's possible its more so a storyline. I know his whole contract thing wasn't a storyline but it could be at the last minute they decided on terms and CM Punk resigned with the WWE and they went from there. I can't remember the last time I was left wonder if this ? that's happening real or not lol....

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Only ? knows, honestly. He probably knows that WWE is the biggest market to wrestle in, but realizes that its hard to work your way up with the creative team focusing on people who can talk more so than people who can wrestle. Just look at Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    its real and the match between cena and punk was real the punches were real and vince is really fired and stephanies ? are real and
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As long as the WWE continues to mention CM Punk and everything leading up to him leaving with the title, I'm leaning towards 10% shoot, 90% work.

There is no way in hell, the WWE would allow anyone to walk out of the company with a title in tow. If they couldn't come to an agreement on the terms of a new contract, Punk would have lost that match. I wouldn't be surprised if they "injured" Punk to get him out of the match, but with all the hype surrounding the entire event, they kept him in and it worked out lovely.

I'm chalking him leaving as the break he wanted, but having won the title, there is going to be a big storyline to be played out once he returns. I believe this may be the works of one of those new soap opera writers the E has hired over the past year. There may be someone in the back that actually listens to some of the wrestler's requests and works them onto TV.

Punk is just taking a rest, while continuing to build the story that he walked out as champion. I'm expecting Punk/Triple H to be the new Austin/McMahon feud.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    As long as the WWE continues to mention CM Punk and everything leading up to him leaving with the title, I'm leaning towards 10% shoot, 90% work.

There is no way in hell, the WWE would allow anyone to walk out of the company with a title in tow. If they couldn't come to an agreement on the terms of a new contract, Punk would have lost that match. I wouldn't be surprised if they "injured" Punk to get him out of the match, but with all the hype surrounding the entire event, they kept him in and it worked out lovely.

I'm chalking him leaving as the break he wanted, but having won the title, there is going to be a big storyline to be played out once he returns. I believe this may be the works of one of those new soap opera writers the E has hired over the past year. There may be someone in the back that actually listens to some of the wrestler's requests and works them onto TV.

Punk is just taking a rest, while continuing to build the story that he walked out as champion. I'm expecting Punk/Triple H to be the new Austin/McMahon feud.

that would be the goat at his time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    After just watching CM Punk at Comic Con ? is all in the storyline. Which is great. I finally got tv and net up in my house so I'll finally watch RAW.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's a worked shoot. It's a Vince Russo method. Thank you, Russo Gawd.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Threadstarter lost...but ? it.. VIBE86 still my boi tho.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Threadstarter lost...but ? it.. VIBE86 still my boi tho.

Nice!!!..lol/

but that suggestion of a Punk/Triple H to be the new Austin/McMahon feud would be ok but not as impactful as Vince & SCSA...HHH is a diffrent character than Vince was...
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL

when I watched in the 90s I was young and was a very casual fan. Now that I'm back into the thing I'm learning wtf these terms of shoot and work mean.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LOL

when I watched in the 90s I was young and was a very casual fan. Now that I'm back into the thing I'm learning wtf these terms of shoot and work mean.

cosign, I honestly just found out what "heel", "face", "shoot" and "work" meant like last year
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    did this ? really just ask is wrestling was real?

lolz....yeah its a work probably one of the best story lines in a few years
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The storyline is probably one of the best they've had in a long time. I think Punk and the WWE have reached an agreement. This is just a break. Lettin the storyline build up even more. Behind the scenes, I think they're developing ways to carry that when he returns. I would think they see an opportunity here, and figuring out how NOT to muck this up.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    did this ? really just ask is wrestling was real?

Nah lol wtf. I was saying was CM Punk leaving real, like they didnt resign him, allow him to leave with the WWE title to open up new ? for their stories or is CM Punk "leaving" a storyline. I ask this because well it's been years since something this damn good has happened. I never thought the WWE could be interesting once more.

Smh is wrestling real question lol
  • Mally_G
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've been thinking........

this is almost similar to an MMA storyline, where the real champion goes out with a lengthy injury and the promoter must continue on by pitting the top 2 contenders in a match to crown an interim champion. The interim champion continues to fight until the real champion is back from injury...

then when the real champion returns, there will be a unification match for an undisputed champion.

With Punk leaving/taking a break (as he wanted months ago), it only sets up a unification match down the road with whomever is the champion at the point of his return. There are two deeply rooted storylines that can come out of Punk winning the title and leaving, then confronting HHH at Comic Con.

1. Punk/HHH as the new Austin/McMahon
    2. Interim Champion vs. Returning True Champion (ala MMA style)

The players are in place, but it's up to the writers to follow through with an engaging story; or will they drop the ball like they did the Invasion?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it would be tight to have something like that maybe culminate at survivor series or something..
  • Mally_G
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it would be tight to have something like that maybe culminate at survivor series or something..

Well, it looks like #2 will happen probably at Summer Slam since they brought back Punk waaayyyyy toooo early.

The stipulation on the match is going to be the unification of the two titles. It was a waste to even have the tournament if Punk was going to return the same night the new "champion" was to be crowned. They didn't drag the story out long enough to even speculate if Punk would return or not.

To me, they put a belt back on Cena and had Punk return now so they can sell Summer Slam. If they had Punk come back a week or two before the PPV, to WWE logic, that's not enough time to build a match between the two. And with the stakes extremely high (unifying the titles), the writers needed ample time to pull it off. But I feel, they should have had Punk wait for another month or so before returning. But they need to sell one of their bigger named PPVs and a unification match would be ideal.

And it's also pathetic that they couldn't say Punk's name all night long, as if his name was banned........but he shows up at the end of the night with the title to have a faceoff for a possible unification match. So not only will EVERYONE have to say his name, it was dumb to even "ban" his name in the first place. And who's idea was it to "ban" his name.....HHH?

To me, right now, HHH is a hypocrite in his ways of running the show. I'm sure Vince is still pulling the strings, but HHH is just doing what Vince did on camera, except he's a younger version of Vince.

NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE........
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No, Punk couldn't be gone that long. A month is too long. He was gone a good time, because it was enough to build up the anticipation of "is he coming and when is he". I think coming back LAST NIGHT was a bit of a wrong move, he should've came back NEXT Monday. That would've been better but I knew he was poppin' in either last night or next week. I was wondering when I was watching Rey v John for the title, how is this gonna work? I guess this is gonna be an "Undisputed" Championship ? .

I think it would've been nice to end with that "Cult of Personality", then Cena is wondering wtf? Then it just leave you there, wondering wtf is going on. Then next week, same song in the beginning of RAW, still no one. Eventually, at the end of RAW, CM Punk comes out. That hype would've been better, and he would've gotten a better crowd reaction.

BUT, check this, it seems Punk has the advantage. Punk hasn't lost in a singles match to Cena this year and he has more wins when he's faced Cena rather than losses. I think he's lost like 3 times. That's gonna continue, Punk will be undisputed Champ. Punk era is here.
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol yo what happened with the Nexus though? I havent seem them ? at all for like the last month
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol yo what happened with the Nexus though? I havent seem them ? at all for like the last month

The sad thing is that they're the tag champs and no one noticed they been missing
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Most of them are injured, I assume. Plus, Punk doesn't really have any ties to them.

And regarding the "Championship" debacle; It'll be cool to see a Punk vs. Cena match for the Undisputed Champion at SummerSlam. Chances are though, most people don't wanna see them wrestle each other again for awhile
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options

They ? up with Nexus and the Corre.
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2011
    Options
    YO WTF

CHANGE YOUR AVI!!!

but how could either of them be called the "Undisputed champ" when theres still a smackdown champion....they should just have a triple threat match for the undisputed title (unfortunately they'd make sure Orton had the belt first) and have 1 champ, then end the brand split and go from there.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO! wtf I didn't even noticed your avi. LOL @ all of us changing avi's to CM Punk though...
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lmao bruh I changed my ? the day after MITB......but its worse ? not only did you use the same picture, but you took the EXACT same 1 lmao, down to the advertisements on the bottom and everything.

look I got a suggestion for you and everything.

tumblr_lojqe9dU281r01budo1_400.png