I think the Nolan Batman series has ruined Superhero movies for me

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Smh @ me expecting every superhero movie to have great storytelling AND acting AND solid action, word to that wack ass "Captain America". I don't think any superhero movie will ever eclipse "The Dark Knight"

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it shouldn't ruin other movies, other movies ruin themselves.

it's like enjoying a lifestyle of beautiful women, getting money, dope cars, and the danky weed only to have to go back to rebooted reggie and fat Tina and her un-permed weave

nolan films = rick ross
    every other shity super hero franchise = Canibus
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »

it's like enjoying a lifestyle of beautiful women, getting money, dope cars, and the danky weed only to have to go back to rebooted reggie and fat Tina and her un-permed weave

nolan films = rick ross

Fact......

i dont go in with the mind set "This ? better be like Dark Knight" ...i go in hoping the movie makes sense for the character and the storyline, and like u said the poor written script is what ? it up.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fact......

i dont go in with the mind set "This ? better be like Dark Knight" ...i go in hoping the movie makes sense for the character and the storyline, and like u said the poor written script is what ? it up.

exactly...

i an understand saying you enjoy the dark knight and other nolan films so much that you want other films to rival it but atm thats not realistically forseeable especially with the current batch of directors. my expectations ar elow for this spiderman reboot and the last half way decent hero movies outside of dark knight imo were The first two spiderman movies, the og superman 2, the incredible hulk with edward norton, and The Watchmen. Superhero movie genre isn't exactly the best when it comes to good films but Nolan turned ? upside down with "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". He though, has to match or top himself imo to make this last batman movie mean something, which is hard as ? given Heath Ledger's perfromance, the story, marketing, etc. of the last one. But tom Hardy as Bane is going to be something to pay and see real ? ...watch "Bronson" with Tom Hardy, ? can play a chilly/monster type guy if he needs to and he isn't some small mahfucka.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as "The Riddler" would still have been a solid choice but for now let's wait and see if Chris Nols can drop another gem on the hungry
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    first of all spiderman2>> dark knight, that captain america was not that bad, but dardevil and that first hulk movie were horrible, way worst
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Dark Knight is the GOAT DC Comics movie, but most of the time, Marvel Comics come correct with their movies. Every superhero movie won't be as good as The Dark Knight...
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    first of all spiderman2>> dark knight, that captain america was not that bad, but dardevil and that first hulk movie were horrible, way worst

man get outta here with that.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah ur just gonna hurt ur own experiences.

but i agree, ? Dark Knight is still great after all these years.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Batman is a Dark Character , so the way Nolan shot batman made 100% Sense ....

it's about if it plays to the character or not , well written script, good acting , does it somewhat follow the storyline of what we know it as , and can it keep our attention

if ya'll expecting a bunch of similar Dark movies with other characters then yea your wasting your time, cuz so many characters werent' dark so why would they do that?.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    man get outta here with that.

Word, I don't know what that ? is thinking.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    every superhero movie can't live up to the dark knight

thats like saying every nba player should live up to jordan

just do you
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. Batman was well acted and dark and what have you...but the ? just wasn't THAT entertaining to a ? .
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. Batman was well acted and dark and what have you...but the ? just wasn't THAT entertaining to a ? .

it was just how well written it was , to go along how Great The Joker came off, it was just a well written movie....

but too each his own, everyone cant like it the same way, but to me the movie is a classic...? never gets old.

only flaw really was Too Face, i thought his burnt up face looked cheesy ...but overall the movie was cold.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    imo, they should of saved 2 face for the next movie instead killing him
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nolan did set a standard. but at the end of the day, alll involved with Dark Knight only did the best job they cold go.
    Which was go in and make a good ass movies.

And one thing about fans is some of you really need to stop short changing yourselves. Making up excuses why a movie sucked. From the acting, directing, story telling ,plotting , editing and established continuity.

A movie is a movie.

And the is no excuse for highly paid professionals to go in with the thought, attitude and intention that they can do a half ass job on a film because it’s “only” a movie about comic book or cartoon…whatever have you.

That’s pure absolute ? and just should not be accepted.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »

nolan films = rick ross

lol, lifestyle-wise, yeah. Skills on the mic, not by any stretch of the mind or imagination.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    lol, lifestyle-wise, yeah. Skills on the mic, not by any stretch of the mind or imagination.

Thank you.

On some rhyming ? , Bis would destroy Fat Ricky. (Not to turn this into a Bis vs. Ross thread)
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thank you.

On some rhyming ? , Bis would destroy Fat Ricky. (Not to turn this into a Bis vs. Ross thread)

Please, anyone who would even attempt to debate that should be slapped.
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dark knight was an average action movie with batman mythos thrown in ............ anybody who dares to argue will be destroyed .

Good movie but not great

Joker good but not great

Bale probably his worst performance

two face... nuff said

maggie gyllynhall as a love interest.......... yes we all know it is unbelievable

batman in japan doing ? like that...... ?

joker being everywhere and having like 100 different scenarios in place....... ? unrealistic-ism that doesnt go with the ? appearance of dark realism

I can go on about how this movie is average but i will wait until anybody responds with something worth it to this
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dark knight was an average action movie with batman mythos thrown in ............ anybody who dares to argue will be destroyed .

Good movie but not great

Joker good but not great

Bale probably his worst performance

two face... nuff said

maggie gyllynhall as a love interest.......... yes we all know it is unbelievable

batman in japan doing ? like that...... ?

joker being everywhere and having like 100 different scenarios in place....... ? unrealistic-ism that doesnt go with the ? appearance of dark realism

I can go on about how this movie is average but i will wait until anybody responds with something worth it to this

I know you're just trolling and all but I'll humor you out of boredom. What, then, in your opinion was missing and could have been added or changed in the film that would have made it a legit Batman film and not just an action movie with Batman ? thrown in. You're not the first to make this exact same, vague statement but no one has really talked about what they think its missing that would really make it Batman. If you cant come up with somethin legit then you're full of ? cuz you can apply that illogical statement to damn near any decent comic book based film. I do agree that Joker was just damn good , I dont think he was on par with Jack Nicholson's portrayal.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Never thought The Dark Knight was that great or the masterpiece people like to think it is. There are far too many flaws in the film I could highlight, and for me it was Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 (though I can imagine that has aged badly) that helped set the high benchmark for comic book films.

I dunno, since then I've been massively impressed with Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. I agree with the earlier comments, it's the other film makers knocking out the ? comic book films who are at fault, not the people that actually do a decent job at it. I'm surprised people haven't grown tired of comic book films on a whole anyway, that's all that seems to get knocked out by Hollywood these days. It's getting boring.
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know you're just trolling and all but I'll humor you out of boredom. What, then, in your opinion was missing and could have been added or changed in the film that would have made it a legit Batman film and not just an action movie with Batman ? thrown in. You're not the first to make this exact same, vague statement but no one has really talked about what they think its missing that would really make it Batman. If you cant come up with somethin legit then you're full of ? cuz you can apply that illogical statement to damn near any decent comic book based film. I do agree that Joker was just damn good , I dont think he was on par with Jack Nicholson's portrayal.

It's not the point of anything "missing" you nitwit. It was just a solid action movie with batman. Thats all it was... an action movie. Just like any action movie it had the unbelievable unnecessary romance. Had the villain who could do everything and be 50 steps ahead of the hero until the end... cliche. It had the normal car chases....cliche
    The fact is it was a normal action movie but with batman and that cannot be disputed which is why you didnt even try.
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's not the point of anything "missing" you nitwit. It was just a solid action movie with batman. Thats all it was... an action movie. Just like any action movie it had the unbelievable unnecessary romance. Had the villain who could do everything and be 50 steps ahead of the hero until the end... cliche. It had the normal car chases....cliche
    The fact is it was a normal action movie but with batman and that cannot be disputed which is why you didnt even try.

I didnt try to dispute it because I didnt give a ? to try and change your view. All im saying is, the film had everything you should expect to see in a movie based on a more realistic take on Batman. Damn near everything in the film can be found in the comics. And you calling anyone a "nitwit" after using a word like "realistic-ism" is a ? joke.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I didnt try to dispute it because I didnt give a ? to try and change your view. All im saying is, the film had everything you should expect to see in a movie based on a more realistic take on Batman. Damn near everything in the film can be found in the comics. And you calling anyone a "nitwit" after using a word like "realistic-ism" is a ? joke.

lol ok ok I'll jump in on this one too

You're being very unrealistic with what you expect out of a great movie. You're taking very broadbased themes, matching it to the batman movie, killing the movie for it, but not realizing that the movie did it in clever ways. A theme in a movie, thats a cliche, means that you spotted the plot & could match the action toe to toe before it happened. For example, Green Lantern, is Captain America, is the Hulk, is Transformers. The only thing that changes is the character and the story line.

Nothing about this batman is cliche because it was filmed cleverly and made sense. Yeah it had a familiar love interest as a main storyline, but its the way that the harvey dent character was created out of batmans error that makes it clever. We always knew what 2face looked like, it was clever the way that the director shot it. By crossing Jokers twisted manipulation scheme with Batmans love interest. That was clever. In any other movie the way that gets filmed is like this:

Joker walks in with can of gas

Him and harvey Dent fight it out

Batman comes in and its a 1 on 1 on 1 free for all

Joker crashes into a machine that lights sparks onto the floor.

Batman somehow gets knocked over the edge in a scuffle.

Joker trips harvery, pushes his face into the fire and laughs.

Batman screams "No!" Joker disappears into the night.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Nolan did set a standard. but at the end of the day, alll involved with Dark Knight only did the best job they cold go.
    Which was go in and make a good ass movies.

And one thing about fans is some of you really need to stop short changing yourselves. Making up excuses why a movie sucked. From the acting, directing, story telling ,plotting , editing and established continuity.

A movie is a movie.

And the is no excuse for highly paid professionals to go in with the thought, attitude and intention that they can do a half ass job on a film because it’s “only” a movie about comic book or cartoon…whatever have you.

That’s pure absolute ? and just should not be accepted.

Thanks you! Fans need to stop allowing actors to suck. Like "its ok I just wanted something to do Friday Night anyway." No demand perfection damnitt!

Its a 2 way street. If an actor sucks, and you're ok with it, they'll never feel pressure to ever be good. And you'll continue to get Megan Fox's in all your movies. Its a catch 22.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Batman is a Dark Character , so the way Nolan shot batman made 100% Sense ....

it's about if it plays to the character or not , well written script, good acting , does it somewhat follow the storyline of what we know it as , and can it keep our attention

if ya'll expecting a bunch of similar Dark movies with other characters then yea your wasting your time, cuz so many characters werent' dark so why would they do that?.

But we're not saying we expect dark movies, because Ironman 1 & 2 were good imo. It was funny, had good action. It wasn't a cheap Friday night thing to do.

But I want to feel like the directors actually cared about making a good movie. Not just getting their movie on a bunch of lunchboxes.

My standard of excellence in movies is pretty fuckn high. Not because I'm hard to please, its cause I feel ? just don't care about being better than the rest.